Muzo emeralds

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, very interesting, Kenny.
I will take this opportunity to show off my Muzo emeralds, from the Coscuez mine. They are a more vibrant grassy green than the photo shows.
I bought them from my Columbian hairdresser.

img_20160917_213657835_hdr.jpg

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ahh Muzo Emeralds, one day I will buy a rough from there. One of the geotechnical engineers at work is Colombian and he was lucky enough to go and visit the mines as part of his university studies. I couldn't help but tell him he did something I would call a holy pilgrimage.

Stracci the camera never seems to pick up their beauty, my only experience with that is trying to get a photo of one in a window. Blech :knockout: :lol:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have some Muzo emeralds that I bought in Colombia in 1992. I made two trips there in order to adopt my daughter and wanted to have some stones (actually, I had all of them set in jewelry) for both of us as a memento of her heritage. (She was born in Bogota, close to the Muzo mine.) I can take them out of the safe deposit box and photograph them at some point. They are small and not very dark green. They are, however, of great clarity. The stores there have microscopes with which people can examine the stones, which they dump onto the counters from bags. (Or at least they did that for us.)

My stones look a great deal like stracci's stones. I didn't realize how identifiable Muzo stones were.

AGBF

Shiny_pretty_things

Rough_Rock
They're beautiful.

AGBF, what a lovely idea - I look forward to seeing the pics.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results