shape
carat
color
clarity

Must you get 2nd appraisal??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

detta

Rough_Rock
I recently purchased a loose stone at what I feel was a fair value. Outstanding? No. Ripped off? No. I am happy with what I paid for it and after looking at MANY stones and researching cuts, etc. to the Nth degree, I feel that I got a nice stone for my (or shall I say "my husband''s"
9.gif
!) money. Is it necessary to have the stone appraised? I do have a 30 day guarantee, but it is a GIA stone and all the specs were good. I''d appreciate any advice. Thanks!

detta

Rough_Rock
P.S. I didn't have the ideal scope used. Can it be used on an emerald cut stone? Where would I find what it should look like with an emerald cut. Again, thanks. Detta

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Did the vendor supply an appraisal that you can use for insurance purposes?

If so, and you're comfortable with the stone, price and paperwork, then I would say you're okay.

If you didn't receive an appraisal from the vendor, then you're going to need one sooner or later if you're going to insure it. In that case, I would say there's no better time to have it appraised than at point of purchase.

newenglandgemlab

Shiny_Rock
Hi,

If you received a "Documentation of Purchase" with the diamond giving all the exacting specifics then you should be fine. Just be careful of those 'Appraisals' that come along with the purchase that are much higher than the price you paid. these are nothing more than a selling tool. You will be paying premiums on an inflated amount that you may never realize in case of loss or theft or damage. A detailed appraisal which means exacting documentation is what you need to be properly covered. You want to be able to replace the item with the same quality. Cindy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results