shape
carat
color
clarity

Multiple 1/2 eternity rings --Different size side stones

laplacz

Rough_Rock
Hello all – I am looking for opinions regarding the aesthetics and practicality of wearing multiple rings on the same finger with different size “Side Stones”

My wifes ½ eternity Engagement ring has a 1.77 center with I believe ½ cttw of side stones (5 small side stones on each side of the main center.) Her ½ eternity shared prong wedding band has about 1cttw of small stones (12 stones total in believe). These 2 rings, although not matched, work together fine….

I am considering an 7 year anniversary present made of a 7 (.30) stones in a shared prong setting.

Without Pictures of her current setup …. Here are my questions

Will the new potential present be aesthetically too chunky to wear along side of her of her other two rings? Or will only aesthetic option be to wear this as a right hand ring

She has a common ring size…7 I think…

Order has not yet been placed…

Any opinions or pictures would be very much appreciated

TIA

--JRL

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are no rules, but you really have to SEE it to judge the esthetics. Sounds like an awesome gift, but perhaps not SURPRISE. I wear different size stones stacked. Mine tend to be channel set, so none of the diamonds rub against each other (something else to consider). Good luck. Pictures would help here.

Vizsla Girl

Rough_Rock
This is something I was trying with three different settings which may help you see what it's like to stack different pieces. I would pick a piece you like with an excellent return policy and surprise her - with the understanding that she may ask to exchange for something else. I wouldn't personally kill the surprise :loopy:

_35122.jpg

_35123.jpg

_35124.jpg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In my humble opinion - and it's just that - .3 each stones is getting pretty big for a stacking ring, especially if the stack includes an engagement ring. You've got two things to consider - the width of the total stack, and whether the diamonds on the eternity ring would overwhelm the engagement ring. That said, there are many PS'ers who pair their e-rings with larger stones in either a wedding band or another stacking ring.

This thread has lots of eternity rings, including some in stacks, that might give you some idea of what a .30 stone semi-eternity would look like, both alone and part of a set. Unfortunately not all of the postings provide stone sizes, but some do as you get further in to the thread. I noticed a .30 each ring on page 6 (and there are probably more).
https://www.pricescope.com/forum/sh...e-your-diamond-eternity-bands-t51825-150.html

ETA I just saw that the center stone on your wife's engagement ring is 1.7 ct - to the band overwhelming the center stone probably would not be an issue!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results