shape
carat
color
clarity

Mrssalvo- help one more time PLEASE!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
I am sorry to bother you again!!!! I know you went with the stunning Daniel K ring, but I also know that you know a lot about Michael b.

I found away to make it happen, so Michael b. is the way I am going- yeah!

Here is where I would love your opinion. I have the wisp and the petite crown lace wedding band.
Here are my 3 options.

1- get the petite crown lace engagement ring. ( is that too matchy-matchy?)

2. Get the petite crown lace engagement ring- all platinum and 1 more wisp ( lots of mixing and matching- but do I really need that with my wedding set?)

3. Get the petite crown lace engagement ring all platinum and diamond prongs ( not tips- just prongs). It is alot extra for this. Is it worth it, will the head be too big? Wiil I know out prongs. But will it protect my diamond more. I think it would look really beautiful, but yikes will it look like 2,500.00 beautiful?????

So many decisions...

I really need some perspective!!!!!! Thanks so helping me! It will be really nice to reach a final decision and I really respect your opinion. Besides that you really seem to be levelheaded and have great taste!!!!!!

Thanks!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi peppermint,

Here''s what I would do if it were me. I''d get the petite lace setting, no diamonds on the prongs. I do like the diamonds on the prongs on the princess settings but I prefer the lace without them. then I''d still get one more wisp. you can flank the wisps on either side of the lace and that would be stunning. you can then also flank the wisps on either side of your lace band which is also a gorgeous look when you don''t want to wear your e-ring. you''d still have the option of wearing the lace band with the e-ring which is a very pretty look. i don''t mind the matchy nature of it so much as it would drive me nuts if the set wasn''t perfectly lined up all the time which would be impossible for them to be unless they were soldered. but you''d still have some great mix and match options.

I''ve seen MB''s plain solitaire and it''s lovely, but if you''re paying for a MB setting, i''d go with one with pave since that''s really what makes his designs so special.

i''m typing one handed with a baby on my lap so i hope that all makes sense
37.gif

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2008 10:32:01 PM
Author: mrssalvo
Hi peppermint,

Here''s what I would do if it were me. I''d get the petite lace setting, no diamonds on the prongs. I do like the diamonds on the prongs on the princess settings but I prefer the lace without them. then I''d still get one more wisp. you can flank the wisps on either side of the lace and that would be stunning. you can then also flank the wisps on either side of your lace band which is also a gorgeous look when you don''t want to wear your e-ring. you''d still have the option of wearing the lace band with the e-ring which is a very pretty look. i don''t mind the matchy nature of it so much as it would drive me nuts if the set wasn''t perfectly lined up all the time which would be impossible for them to be unless they were soldered. but you''d still have some great mix and match options.

I''ve seen MB''s plain solitaire and it''s lovely, but if you''re paying for a MB setting, i''d go with one with pave since that''s really what makes his designs so special.

i''m typing one handed with a baby on my lap so i hope that all makes sense
37.gif

For what it''s worth, I completely agree with MrsS. I actually think MrsS and I had a similar conversation when I was choosing my setting. I wondered about doing the plain setting, but then I decided that it just didn''t make sense to me to get a Michael B without any pave. If I were going the solitaire route, I would likely choose a different designer. I don''t at all think the crown lace set is too matchy-matchy and I actually like the idea of the diamond "stations" not always lining up perfectly. I wear my crown lace band with just one wisp and I really like the way it looks, but I agree that getting a second wisp would give you lots of options. Look forward to seeing pics of your ring!

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
Mrssalvo you ar the best.Sorry to interupt your baby time! I can barely type with 2 hands let alone one.

That is what I will do. I will have to wait a little while for the 2nd wisp, but I will get it for an annv or mother''s day or something.

Thank you sooo much for all of your time and help! I appreciate it very much!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so glad I will be able to sleep tonight!!!!!!
Thank you!

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
Demelza I was posting the same time as you! Thanks so much for another opinion. I wil be ordering my new petite lace engagement ring tomorrow!!!!!! It is a tough decision to make when there are so many choices and you don''t get to see everything in person. I will get another wisp as soon as I recover from all of this. Maybe Christmas!!! I love your engagment ring with the wisp. i may have to do that as well! It will be fun to have options. I have no idea if the pave stations matching or not matching will bother me- that''ll be interesting to see.

Thanks again- you have been a lot of help!!!!!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
you''re so welcome. Dem is right that the 2 bands not aligned will still be a cool look so I think by going this direction you''ll still be pleased with all of the options you really will have. believe me, if the daniel k wouldn''t have shown up when it did i was planning on getting a MB setting. I have loved his designs forever and even went to his studio in LA and met his wife. i hope to own something of MB''s at some point myself.

please come back with pictures for us once you get your new ring...

NeverEndingUpgrade

Brilliant_Rock
Can anyone post photos of all these rings you all are talking about? I would love to see!!!
30.gif

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
Mrssalvo- i sure do like you! You are very helpful, honest, and are always very considerate.

I got my Tacori and loved it, especially the delicate halo. It is so funny, but when I got me Tacori I found Michael b lace for the first time and fell hard for it. I just said I can''t afford it. Well I learned something, I went Tacori to save money, and it luckily for me is going to work out that it won''t cost me money. My jeweler is giving me 100% of what I paid for my Tacori to go towards my Michael b. engagement ring. so I am lucky indeed!

I still feel nervous about the 4 prong thing, but honestly this is the look I wanted with my Tacori and went with the halo for protection, even though I did love it dearly. I really feel excited to have a more classic wedding set.

I LOVE your Daniel K. and I truly do think it is hard to commit to just one style. There are so many that are just breathtaking. I guess for me personally, it is taking me some time to find out what is really me. I think this time I got it right.

Thank you again for all of your help.

Neverendingupgrade I don''t have pictures, I just got my wisp. I will definitely post pictures when I have all of my rings. I highly recommend doing a Michael b search, you''ll find some there. They are so pretty and unique.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
peppermint...i''m so glad I could help you. I agree that it is so difficult to settle on one style. I do love my DK but I love the MB''s equally as much. I''m glad you found the set that feels most "you"...

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sheer, utter perfection! Who could go wrong with this combo?

Dem, I never tire of seeing these pics!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2008 11:51:20 AM
Author: MissGotRocks

just had to threadjack for a momement to say hello dear lady...so nice to see you
36.gif

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
mrssalvo thank you again for helping me! I think one of the best things about pricescope is I love your daniel k.,and the tacori''s, leon''s, and so much more! I can''t afford to have them all, but I can come here and look and drool over all of the beautiful rings here... I am lucky indeed!!

Thanks for posting the picture for neverendingupgrade. I love that photo!!!!!! I have a picture my DH took of my lace wedding band- one and it is awful! No pictures of the wisp yet. I will post all of the rings once I get the diamond set and back from Michael b. I may need to find a new phototgrapher!!!

Thanks again!

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
I forgot to say that I am green with envy that you got to go to the studio and meet Michael''s wife. I have talked ( via email with their son Matthew- he is so very nice) and I can only imagine that being there is like a kid being in the best candy store in the whole wide world!!!!! If I remember your thread on this, some of the pieces were packed away to go to a trunk show, regardless I am sure it was bling heaven- lucky girl!!!!

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2008 11:54:07 AM
Author: mrssalvo
Date: 6/24/2008 11:51:20 AM

Author: MissGotRocks

just had to threadjack for a momement to say hello dear lady...so nice to see you
36.gif

Ditto, indeed!!! So happy to you see you here. And thanks for the kind words, of course!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks to you both! Good to see you!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results