shape
carat
color
clarity

Mrs-B's whole curated collection...(more or less...)

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Weecam, I'm so glad you mentioned the diamond pendant! I fell short on that one, in that I only mentioned the center diamond. As well as the 1.11ct center, there's also 8 x 20 point side stones, making the whole thing roughly 2.7ctw. It's a sparkle bomb in real life!

@scouty - I'm glad it made for a good distraction - it certainly took an afternoon out of my Covid day!! :mrgreen:

@Bonfire - what sort of cake?? I mean - jewelry is one thing, but CAKE...now you're talking religion, lady!! Any chance of strawberry shortcake? My fave!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ItsMainelyYou - I'm glad you like it! But - more to the point - tell me about the gorgeous rings in your avatar! What is that GORGEOUS pink 3 stone??

Hi @Alex T! :wavey: I hear you re the plain gold bands. Beauty takes all forms, doesn't it? And bigger or more expensive doesn't necessarily mean better. I love a heavy, well made, plain gold band - it says 'married' like nothing else - and that's my favorite type of jewelry!

@MRBXXXFVVS1 - I'll get the charm bracelets (yes, there will be 2 of them!) up as soon as I get them. Will be a little while yet, tho.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for those very kind words, @carbonfan. Looking at my collection, it was clear to me this week that few of my pieces are outstanding or spectacular. I have half a dozen (of what I consider) largish pieces - but most pieces are mid-range. On the other hand, I've really tried to make each of my pieces - large or small - to the highest standard I could manage, and that's really been the benchmark I've set. I'd like to *think* that that's what's defined my collection - just the care and quality I've tried to pump into everything - from big rings, to tiny studs. Goodness knows, it's been a lifelong pursuit for something so small!

@Moonie, I LOVE that pin! And the tone of the rose gold is simply delicious! I agree that the combination of gems is something special, and I have a gorgeous cashmere scarf in autumn tones I were that with, and *I* think it's fab! :bigsmile:

Thank you, @Horsegirl76! And you've got a gorgeous equine there! I'd take the horse over the jewelry any day - and I suspect you would, also! :))

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @Sparkles88! It was lovely for me to hear you refer to my pieces as wearable. That's such a big part of what I aim for with every piece. I know myself well enough to know what I *won't* wear at this point, and to know what will never see the light of day. I'm too old to be uncomfortable, so the pieces that really 'fit' me tend to be the ones I value the most. At the moment, for instance, I'm wearing my 2ctw asscher platinum channel set band, my 2 silver bangles (plain - no diamonds), my white gold hinged hoops and my AVR stud in my outer ear piercing. I'm wearing this with a knee lengh pair of black linen shorts, a white cotton button down, and a pair of black sandals with a mid height stacked heel. Together, it's a nice, coherent look - pleasant, but not outstanding. "Clean, neat and well paid for", as my mother would have said! Or - as I'd say - good enough! :))

@LLJsmom - they are indeed all loved! To the extent that I was thinking today that I need to have both my silver bangles re-polished. I forgot to add one of them to this list - and it's a beast of a bangle - solid and heavy. I love it!

You're welcome, @MissGotRocks! Any time! :))

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always love seeing your beautiful collection, MrsB! :love: I like how you separated the collection by colors of metal. It really helps seeing it that way and imagining all the combinations!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much, @OdetteOdile :)) I've spent an inordinate amount of time designing jewelry pieces, and it's a great creativity outlet. I think, my splitting my 2 charm bracelets, I can make 2 pieces - both better than the one I currently have. As soon as I realized it, I knew I was going ot break it down and go a different direction with it. Hopefully it will be one of those times when the outcome will be all I picture it to be; in my experience, the outcome doesn't equal the inner picture! This can be quite a costly mistake...!!

Awww - thank you, @Slick1. :wavey: I have to say, tho, it was quite lowering, after I'd finished the photo shoot, to realize I was able to put my ENTIRE COLLECTION into one hand and carry it indoors! Gave me pause, to realize that what I've spent so many years collecting could be be contained in a teacup.... :think:

Oooh, @Crystal_Dreams, please don't for ONE MINUTE think that I don't suffer from extreeeeme lack of discipline when it comes to sparklies! I am the original bower bird on this, and it often costs me rather more than a pang to let things go! In fact, paring down my collection is taking as long as putting it together in the first place! For realz.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely, @Starfacet - come on over!! :mrgreen:

@Dandi - are you ok? I'm so sorry you've had a lousy day! If my sparklies can do anything to bring a smile to your lovely face, then it will be worth it! In fact, I have thought more than once that jewelry is the best ever distraction; I think I've gotten back every bit as much as I've put into collecting these pieces and consider it time and money well spent.

@Polished1911 - ooooooo!! A mini halloween and Valentine's Day collection!! Now you're talking!! Earrings that were in the shape of cobwebs.... :bigsmile:

Polished1911

Shiny_Rock
oh good idea!!!! I was thinking bat dangles with ruby eyes. And a super cute pumpkin ring or pin.

@Polished1911 - ooooooo!! A mini halloween and Valentine's Day collection!! Now you're talking!! Earrings that were in the shape of cobwebs.... :bigsmile:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was in the dog house :) but i'm back.. so I am just seeing this..

You don't create or buy jewelry to 'have' jewelry, EACH and every piece has meaning and if it stops or it can be enhanced, you do it.

A brilliantly beautiful collection for a woman of great taste and kind heart. xo

Q

Queenie60

@mrs-b - your collection is spectacular. My favorites are the white south sea pearl dangle earrings and the 18k yellow gold diamond drop earrings. Wow!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Rfisher - why am I not surprised that you like the 9 stone ring? I love that ring - and it looks faboosh with the holly band. It somehow speaks to what I know of your aesthetic - creative and soft and colorful and classic-with-a-tough-of-quirky! And btw, your avatar is....sublime!!

Hi @123ducklings :wavey: That wedding necklace is something I'd save in a fire. It's incredibly special and unique to me. Love it. <3

Wedding rings and pendant_2.jpg

Pendant 1.jpeg

Pendant 2.jpeg

Last edited:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @Edie :)) The pearls were handpicked from Pearl Paradise. The original settings were made with the pearls and round diamonds on a shepherd's hook by Brian Gavin Diamonds. Then I bought the pears a number of years later and had them attached and converted to studs by David Klass Jewelry. The pearls are each AAA 14.3mm, and there's 1.65ctw of colorless diamonds, set in platinum.

@JPie - thank you so much! :appl: Your pieces are so divine, I'm flattered that you like my collection. I do think it's a harmonious collection - and I think that follows because every piece was created with the same sort of standards applied. I'm happy with where I've landed - which is a nice thing to be able to say. :))

Ooooo! @LinSF! "Casually classy"? Yes please! That's *exactly* my goal - so it's wonderful to hear that reflected back through somebody else's eyes! :wavey:

Last edited:

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
@Rfisher - why am I not surprised that you like the 9 stone ring? I love that ring - and it looks faboosh with the holly band. It somehow speaks to what I know of your aesthetic - creative and soft and colorful and classic-with-a-tough-of-quirky! And btw, your avatar is....sublime!!

Hi @123ducklings :wavey: That wedding necklace is something I'd save in a fire. It's incredibly special to me and unique to me. Love it. <3

Wedding rings and pendant_2.jpg

Pendant 1.jpeg

Pendant 2.jpeg

I understand and I absolutely love it! Thank you for the extra pics, it’s wonderful!!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yennyfire - thank you so much! You're very welcome, and thanks for sharing it with me. :))

Thanks, @tyty333! I love mix-and-match! I'm not too proud to admit that sometimes I pull out my jewelry boxes in the evening, sit in front of the TV, and just play with it - finding as many new and different combos as possible! As my husband often says to me - "Are you playing rings?" To his mind - and in mine also, truth be told, 'playing rings' is perhaps my all time favorite game! :bigsmile:

Thank you, @bright ice! I've been meaning to do this for a while now, but have been putting it off. I had hoped to do this when my collection was complete - but that's probably still a year or two off as yet, so now seemed as good a time as any. And I have to say...I'd love to see the same thing from you, if you ever felt so inclined! :wavey:

Lvoeshinythings

Shiny_Rock
These. These! I want all of them! Specifically the diamond drop earrings because I know I’d never get away with having those in my collection (don’t get me wrong, I’d love to WEAR them [on all the days of my life] ]but probably couldn’t save up enough patience to collect the stones and have it made only after painstakingly collecting the stones)!

Plus both of your 3-stone rings are magical.

Next up is my more dressy yellow gold jewelry.

Bracelets - I wear my yellow gold bangle in between my diamond bangles

For necklaces, my 18kt hugely heavy heart pendant, which is a memorial to my dog. It's engraved with his name, his show name, the dates of his birth and death, and 2 tiny diamonds plus one tiny ruby. It hangs on an antique gold muff chain, given to me by my best girlfriend.

Earrings - 2 pairs:
18kt and diamond drops - approx 4.5ctw - all colorless, 2.75"
11mm golden South Sea pearls hanging from bezel-set diamonds - 2 x .97 stones, one BGD Signature and one JA True Hearts.

Rings:
Plain gold band, which goes with -
1) 3 x ACA, 4.28ctw. Center is F VS2, sides are F VS1
2) 4.07ct S-T VS2 with .51ctw sides, set in 18kt.

20200712_140514.jpg

20200712_140452.jpg

20200712_140308.jpg

20200712_140221.jpg

20200712_120717.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely collection mrs_b! I do love your Christmas collection of course and that opal, and your new EC and.......

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy - Been thinking about you a lot. I hope everything is well with you and, if not, at least improved. Sending you big hugs and much love. oxoxo ( - and thank you for the kind comments about my bibs and bobs.)

@diamondhoarder - firstly, can I just say - I LOVE your sapphire 3 stone!! Is there a thread on it anywhere? I'd love to read more about it! As for my bangles - they're not nearly as fitted as they look. The extra space is hanging underneath my wrist in the photo, and they also look way more fitted in the photo because there's 5 of them. If you saw me wearing just one, you'd see they each have a bunch of space, but it's the same as when you wear multiple rings and they get tighter on your finger; wearing 5 bangles fits way tighter than just the one. If, however, you really did want them fitted, have you thought of having them made with an opening hinge? They can be made almost invisibly, so that would perhaps work. Worth talking to a jeweler about it, at least. Oval shape also sits more fitted; are yours round or oval? Just a second suggestion. :wavey:

Thank you so much, dear @bling_dream19. {{{hugs}}}

Ladygrey

Shiny_Rock
This is such an inspirational collection! I love every single thing, but the cluster pieces in white metal - and those incredible diamond bangles - SWOON!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My first questions:

- Did DK make your silver bangle?
- If you’re ever in the mood to post ear shots of the diamond and silver teardrop earrings... they’re gorgeous.
- Are there ear shots of the pearls somewhere? Do you find the quality very apparent or is it more of a mind clean thing? I’d like a pair of pearl studs one day.

Also, you say your collection is not focused on branded or designer items- but I have to disagree. It is the collection of @mrs-b brand, designed and curated by @mrs-b! I love it!!

facetgirl

Brilliant_Rock
@mrs-b , may I ask where you purchased your solid gold bangles or who made them for you? So lovely-your entire collection is a beautiful homage to your essence.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @Nikki1415 :)) Altho I have a fair few pieces, I've always acquired specific pieces for specific roles. If pieces double up, or have no purpose, I'd rather pare down to the piece I like best and get rid of the excess. It's a nice feeling, knowing you'll use and enjoy every single piece you have, and goes some way to justifying the money spent on something which is, let's face it, a pure indulgence! And what a wonderful indulgence it is! :mrgreen:

@msop04, if you can make your way to Boston, I will *happily* let you wear as many of my pieces as you can squeeze onto 10 fingers, one neck, and 2 wrists!! And I have to say - the yellow gold is far and away my favorite, too! And as for "necessary" - of course!!

Hi there, @diamondseeker2006! :wavey: I had dreams of putting the pieces together into specific combinations, but it just became too complicated, so I just did 'by metal' and casual vs dressy. I figure that's what imaginations are for! :))

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Polished1911 - a pumpkin ring!! Yeessssssssss!!!! :mrgreen: Cobweb earrings, and a bat pendant! How awesome would that be?!!

@Bayek - thank you, dearest! ox (...and when do I get my invitation to come swim in your pool?? MA is foul right now!)

Hi @Queenie60 :wavey: I love my dress earrings - the ones you mentioned, and the diamond cluster pair. I love them because I've never seen the same pair elsewhere, but I also love them because (moment of honesty here!) they're huge! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: What can I say? I have big ear lobes and I love a substantial jewel!!

Last edited:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much, @Lvoeshinythings! I love that small group of pieces - so much beauty! It's a BUNCH of fun to wear that collection out - I always feel so lucky!

Hi @Catmom. :)) I'm thinking of adding a pair of earrings to my Christmas collection. I was inspired by a recent post of snowflake earrings on SMTB and have been looking up snowflake designs. I think it would round that collection out beautifully - holly and snowflakes and a Christmas tree.... :mrgreen: Btw, did you see the thread I started in hangout about things people or their SOs have made? I thought for SURE you'd post on that thread! Pls post some of your quilting pieces? They're so beautiful!

Hi @Ladygrey! Those diamond bangles are a HUGE hit with me. One was a Christmas gift from my friends a few years back, and the second one was my 60th birthday gift from my best friend. They have huge sentimental value and go with everything. I used to have a matching cluster ring that went with the pendant and earrings, but I broke it up. I regret it now, and have often thought of remaking it. One of my less successful jewelry decisions. :blackeye:

L

lydial

@mrs-b What beautiful jewelry! I actually found it relaxing to look through your collection and that is saying something! Such harmony! Also, I have a question about your engraved ring... Did you go straight to the engraver or through a jeweler? Is this a well-known engraver? I tried to research and found someone in PA by that name? Can you tell me more about the engraver? I have a piece I would like engraved someday. Thanks!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @pearaffair :wavey: Yes, DKJ made all my bangles - including the diamond ones, and a heavier silver one I forgot to add in the photos.

I *think* there's ear shots of the pearl and diamond earrings somewhere...maybe in the 'Not cheaper by the dozen' thread? I think they're there.

I don't thik there's ear shots of the plain pearls anywhere, but I can try to take some if you like. Let me know. I can see the quality of the SS AAA pearls - and it's not just a mind thing. They're also almost 12mm, and that's a size in which you can't find akoyas, so if for no other reason, it's apparent for that reason at least that they're SS.

And lastly - thank you for your lovely comments. I've loved designing all these pieces and have had a great time doing it!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@facetgirl - what a lovely and generous comment! My bangles were all made by DKJ, custom fit to my specifications of width and thickness, and made to fit my wrist. I've lost some weight this year, so I had them all recently resized, as they were falling off a tad! I had some of my rings re-sized also after I flicked a couple of my rings across the room in conversation, while waving my hands around!

Hi @lydial :)) Marc Williams is indeed in PA and is an award-winner engraver. His work is absolutely beautiful and you won't be sorry if you get something done by him. The ring is by Scott Kay and has nice thickness to it, and I was able to buy it second hand for $300 and have it engraved for $100 - meaning the whole thing cost me $400 for a solid, hefty platinum custom engraved band. I call that a huge bargain!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
11mm golden South Sea pearls hanging from bezel-set diamonds - 2 x .97 stones, one BGD Signature and one JA True Hearts.

^^ if I read correctly, these were made by DK?

Love all the pics and details on everything. But I’m also verrrrry curious what these three or four planned rings might be? You mentioned possibly adding to the collection one day? Ooo la la!

You’re inspiring me to add info to my own thread one day, based upon how I like to wear things together.

And yes, absolutely I would love ear pics of your white pearl studs, but only when you get a moment :)

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also wow, that stunning engraving only cost you $100 for your band? I’d get everything engraved if I had a nice local option for that!!!

EllenS1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
One of the classiest collections I have ever seen! With a great balance of aesthetic and practicality! Thank you for sharing mrs-b and inspiring me!=)2

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b Your collection truly dazzles me!!! It’s really so hard to pick favorites as every piece is more special and beautiful than the next! I always love how much thought you put into your pieces, it shows how focused you are in reaching your bling goals. Your collection IS my bling goal!!! :kiss2: :lol: Thank you for sharing with us!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results