shape
carat
color
clarity

*Mrs.* AntiguaBride is back and married, with pics galore!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sydneycasandra

Shiny_Rock

... or would that be AntiguaWife? Doesn''t have quite the same ring to it.

Sorry it''s taken so long to get this rolling, the wedding was on 5/22 but we didn''t return until midnight 5/28. I''m still in the midst of planning our reception (this Sunday) and also starting my summer research project job thing. (Hard to explain.)

Everything went really well, the resort was lovely; we had decided to book the chepeast room in the nicest resort we could afford; we got upgraded to the BEST SUITE that they offer for the whole 10 days we were there! (It''s $1600 a night in the high season!) The only thing cooler than that is that my mom & her BF were upgraded to the *very* best digs at the hotel; they also own their own house out on a jetty with a private dock, private pool, etc. My mom got to stay THERE. I was a little jealous but she let us come and use her kitchen and dock and stuff so it was okay. If anyone is looking at going to Blue Waters in Antigua, let me know and I''ll be more than happy to answer any questions you have!

The wedding planning part of it is NOT for control-freaks (which I normally am a little bit), but it was very simple. We met with the lady for about 20 minutes, picked a time (3:30), decided if we wanted male/female officiant (didn''t care, ended up with male), how many guests (2), where to go for dinner (my mom ended up getting a free dinner at this really nice place owned by the owners of the hotel because there was a dead rat in her bathroom!), and what kind of flowers (I wasn''t entirely happy with this part.) The flower choices were simple: pick a shape (half-round, hand-tied, or a water-fall looking thing) and a color. I chose red but then FI said he didn''t like red he thought it was too bright so I changed it and ended up picking ivory and these roses that fade from ivory to burgundy at the tips. Well she didn''t have those so I ended up with ivory, dark burgundy, and some pink ones that she kind of spray painted to a light burgundy? I wasn''t entirely impressed but they were pretty enough and she did follow my request to have roses only, no greenery, no other flowers, no baby''s breath, which I guess probably cost more b/c she had to use more flowers to fill up the bouquet. Then we got on a van and went to the courthouse and did the marriage license thing, there were a few other couples there from other resorts as well, the whole thing was simple and took less than an hour. (When we got our marriage license we found they had SPELLED MY NAME WRONG! So we sent it back and they fixed it, no big deal.)

Okay so some pics in case you''re getting bored... I will TRY to do this in chronological order. The photographer wasn''t exactly my favorite and I''m a little bummed about how some of the pics turned out (many of them are backlit so we look like dark blobs, my eyes are closed in a lot although that''s not necessarily his fault, the timing is off on many of them like he either shot too early or just missed the moment. He also wasn''t very creative in posing and definitely didn''t have the photojournalistic style I was looking for. The two pictures we suggested (sitting on rocks w/ veil blowing and standing in ocean held by hubby) are some of the best, I really think. There aren''t really any pics of me getting ready. I think my mom''s boyfriend took a couple of her doing my hair, but I ended up getting dressed and doing my own makeup alone in about 5 minutes!)

Coming down the aisle with my mom...
(P.S. I did a terrible job compressing these, sorry if they are not high quality.)

Down the aisle 1compressed.jpg

sydneycasandra

Shiny_Rock
OH MY! That's never going to work. I need to resize rather than compress. I have no idea how to do that though! I will work on it and come back later.

ETA: Ok let's try the above picture again. Admins- any chance of deleting the huge one above? Thanks!

sydneycasandra

Shiny_Rock
Here''s the traditional "bridal shot" (oops out of order, sorry)

BridalShot1Compressed.jpg

sydneycasandra

Shiny_Rock
Ok back to the chronological order... here is a sweet shot of hubby viewing me for the first time. The marriage officer was late and we were waiting in separate places, he was supposed to be taken to the gazebo at 3:10 and I was to be collected at 3:15 and taken shortly thereafter... no one told either of us that the officer was late and so 3:30 rolls around and we both think the other has gotten cold feet and run off! Finally they came and got me at 3:45 and took me to him, he was a little surprised I think he thought I ditched him.

seeingbrideforfirsttimecompressed.jpg

sydneycasandra

Shiny_Rock
Here we are listening to the officer talk about marriage... I usually don''t go for this type of thing but he was SHOCKINGLY good and I was impressed. He was honest, eloquent, and poetic, without being cheesy or overly flowery.

wistfullookinglisteningtoofficercompressed.jpg

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! You are such a beautiful bride! I can''t wait to see more pics...
9.gif

sydneycasandra

Shiny_Rock
DH does not like this picture because he says it looks like his eyes are closed; well, they are, but it''s because he''s trying not to cry (he didn''t succeed, but I did; I think it is funny that the groom cried at the wedding but not the bride.) Also I like that it shows the back of my dress, but mostly I think it''s just really sweet.

hubbytryingnottocrycompressed.jpg

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
Wow- You look beautiful!
The dress, veil, and jewelry all look great and VERY Bridal.
More pics Antigua
1.gif

Congratulations!
35.gif

Scintillating...

sydneycasandra

Shiny_Rock
During the ceremony, he is reciting his vows to me. We did the standard ones that the marriage officer brought, as well as our own. He forgot his halfway through it so I jumped in with mine and then he remembered and finished his. We were laughing a little at that but it actually ended up sounding really good that way.

melisteningtodonalcompressed.jpg

sydneycasandra

Shiny_Rock
Putting on his wedding ring... he has already put mine on and replaced my ering (I didn''t wear it on my right hand b/c I wore my something blue that was my mom''s wedding gift to me, so we just took the ering off during the ceremony and put it right back on.)

puttingonhisringcompr.jpg

sydneycasandra

Shiny_Rock
lifting the veil.. not a very good shot as I''m a bit squinty eyed.

liftingveilcompressed.jpg

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!

sydneycasandra

Shiny_Rock
this shot looks a little awkward (see what I mean about photographer being off-timing/ off-angle and off center?! I have had to crop and recenter every single picture and some of them he cut off important stuff in the pics GRRR.)

I am very sentimental about this shot because even from when we first started dating he would hold my face in his hands (he has huge hands and I have a sort of tiny head) and say that when/if we married that''s exactly how he would kiss me on our wedding day. I didn''t think he''d remember, but he did!

firstkisscompr.jpg

sydneycasandra

Shiny_Rock
We did it! It''s official! And we''ll get the spelling of our names corrected tomorrow! That''s the marriage officer guy on the right.

uswithlicenseandofficercompressed.jpg

sydneycasandra

Shiny_Rock
here we are toasting and the wind is blowing my hair and veil like CRAZY!

toastingwithblowingveilcompr.jpg

sydneycasandra

Shiny_Rock
Here I am looking like a cake-cutting maniac; I was having SO MUCH FUN! And I love cake!

cakecuttingmaniaccompr.jpg

sydneycasandra

Shiny_Rock
They threw bougainvillias at us after we ate our cake! I was so surprised I had no idea what they were doing.

flowerthrowingthree.jpg

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Awww, Antigua that''s so sweet about him holding your head and kissing you when you get married! You look beautiful, I''m glad everything turned out well in the end!

sydneycasandra

Shiny_Rock
I really like this picture but I think only my fellow PSers will really understand why. Ring admiration! Joy!

He never would tell me what he had engraved in my wedding band and I didn''t find out until after the ceremony. He put the wedding date along with "Magpie", which is my nickname. I''m not an ornithologist but I do know that magpies LOVE sparkly stuff which is the reason for the name.

ringadmirationcompressed.jpg

sydneycasandra

Shiny_Rock
Here is the wedding party, we''re all leaving. It''s sort of a nice casual shot that showcases the gazebo well. It''s on a very long jetty out in the ocean.

weddingpartyleavingcomrpessed.jpg

sydneycasandra

Shiny_Rock
walking down the beach barefoot; oh how I love the back of my dress! I wish the veil weren''t in the way.

backsdownbeachcompr.jpg

sydneycasandra

Shiny_Rock
DH doesn''t like this picture he says it looks funny which it does but I think it''s also kind of cute. I wish the veil weren''t in front of us though.

leaningkissingcompr.jpg

sydneycasandra

Shiny_Rock
This shot was my suggestion and the photographer thought I was nuts but I think it''s great. It would be better if he hadn''t CUT THE END OF MY VEIL OFF IN THE PICTURE! But I still love it.

rocksveilblowcompr.jpg

sydneycasandra

Shiny_Rock
second to last shot... one of my VERY favorites!

farawayinwatercompr.jpg

sydneycasandra

Shiny_Rock
LAST ONE I promise! This is mine and DH's absolute favorite. We are probably going to use it as our announcement/newspaper pic even though it doesn't really show our faces and is not traditional. Any thoughts on using this one vs a traditional one where you can see us both well?

Thanks for your patience with the pics! Sorry about that.

ETA: For those of you who had read the jewelery decision thread, I wore the pearl studs he gave me on our first holiday together combined with the sparkly necklace I had bought. I will wear the sparkly necklace's matching earrings with my fakey pearl pendant (opposite combination from this) for reception with my hair down. I am so lucky I get to wear 2 jewelery combinations and hairdos, perfect since I had a hard time deciding on either one!

kissingwithsunglassescroppedcompressed.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Such cute pictures!!! Congratulations!

Dodger Gurl

Shiny_Rock
Oooh, you look beautiful! And gotta love the sunglass pics! Congrats!
36.gif

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
You look amazing! Just stunning! Congratulations!!!
36.gif

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Great photos! Looks like you had a fantastic time. You were a beautiful bride! Congratulations!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results