shape
carat
color
clarity

*Mrs.* AntiguaBride is back and married, with pics galore!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just gorgeous shots - you look beautiful and so happy! Makes me wish I was walkin a beach...ahhhh!!

sosst7

Shiny_Rock
Congrats!! You looked absolutely stunning your dress! That was so sweet that he cried during the vows, that was totally me at our wedding. Congrats again!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!!! What a dream wedding! Small, meaningful, sun, surf, sand.....and a groom in tears. Awww! Plus, you were rockin'' that dress! You go, sexy mama!!!

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
awwww congrats!!!! even though the pictures didn''t turn out how you wanted, the happiness of the occassion definitely shows and what a beautiful spot to get married!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! Everything looks so fabulous and picturesque - the dress looks fabulous on you and I love the cute bridal sunglasses!

chickflick

Shiny_Rock
You look amazing! What a perfect day, wind and all. Congrats!!

Rebemdee

Shiny_Rock
Just beautiful! Congratulations. The best thing about the photos is that you both look SO HAPPY!

sydneycasandra

Shiny_Rock
Thanks ladies! We were really happy, I was absolutely giddy and couldn''t stop smiling the whole day through. After some champagne we walked about 5 minutes down a very rocky road to this nice restaurant that overlooks our hotel; I was seated looking out over the ocean and onto the jetty where our wedding gazebo was! It was magical (and the food was great). We must''ve made a real sight, four of us in our dress clothes and me still wearing my 10 feet of tulle, walking home on a back road of Antigua, a little drunk and a little giddy at 10:00 at night!

The only real bummer of the day was that the heat (it was over 90 all day and in the 80s all evening even after dark) combined with the wine and very very rich french food at dinner made me a little sick and sad to say, I spent my wedding night curled up in bed with DH bringing me wet washclothes to cool myself down, and lots of ice water. It was not the most fun way to spend your wedding night but it did go to show me that DH is really the sweet caring guy I always suspected!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Wonderful pictures!! I loved them all--you look simply fabulous, the location and your man--well, all really great! Congrats!! (except for the post effects...)

cheers--Sharon

rms

Brilliant_Rock
you guys make a totally sexy beach bride and groom. I adore your veil and dress together. Great pics!

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning!
Your pictures got me so excited for my beach wedding! There is no way that I could look as flawless as you do, though!
You''re gorgeous!
Love the dress!!!!!!

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
congratulations!! the pictures are amazing and u look so happy! thanks for sharing ur special day with us...

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
you both look so happy. your dress is great, even a bit vavavoom and he looks so pleased you are his wife! I wish you all the happiness and love...

AmantdeChat

Brilliant_Rock
Great pictures! It looks like it was just perfect. Makes me more excited than ever to go to Antigua now! How was the island? Is it as pretty as it looks?

I love where you got married.
30.gif
I hope ours is as perfect.

Congrats and best wishes for your future!
36.gif
face23.gif

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Wow, you looked AMAZING! I love your dress, hair, veil, everything! (Your hubbie looks great too!) The photos that you posted look great--good call with the veil-on-the rocks pic. I do know what you mean about the lack of inventiveness/photojournalistic style with island photogs, though. I felt the same way about my photos. And I had to laugh about the marriage certificate photo you posted. We have an idential pic--doesn''t it look like we just won the lottery? Well, maybe we did...
5.gif

I also agree with you 100% about the wedding planning part not being for control freaks. I tried to fight my own inner control freak during the planning process as well. It seems that things go "roughly" as planned at an island wedding, but there are always a few details that aren''t spot on perfect. (But then we didn''t have to spend months (or years) obsessing over & paying for the details either...
9.gif
) The trade-off was definitely worth it for me--I hope you feel the same.

I too was surprised at how eloquent our officiant was. There''s something about the simplicity of a ceremony like this that''s so special.

Antigua looked just gorgeous--I''m glad the folks at the resort treated you well. How cool that your room was upgraded!

Good luck with your reception! How fun to be able to wear your dress again--with a different hairstyle & accessories to boot!

Oh, and most importantly, congratulations on your marriage!
36.gif

sydneycasandra

Shiny_Rock
BrightSpot- I think I agree w/ you that the whole island wedding thing is a bit casual and perhaps not as "done up" as American weddings. That being said, with school and such there''s ABSOLUTELY no way I could''ve ever planned a wedding and coordinated officiant/photographer/location etc etc. And the price couldn''t be beat!

I agree w/ everyone that the dress was a bit "va-va-voom" as has been said; I never found *the* dress (and not entirely sure if it existed) and this was definitely as close as it was going to come! It was inexpensive (white house black market) and only needed the hem taken up which my mom''s friend did for me free of charge. I tried those stick on foam cup things but they showed too much out of the sides of the dress and also looked lumpy so I freewheeled it.

When DH''s sister saw the pictures she asked him if my breasts were real. I wasn''t sure if I should take that as a compliment or an insult, so I''m glad I wasn''t there when she asked. (And for the record, YES.)

It''s been wonderful having such a supportive crowd of ladies around here to bounce ideas off; I can never thank you girls enough! You''ve been absolutely wonderful and in a way, sort of a big extended group of sisters that I never had (only child.) thanks!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/1/2006 12:51:56 PM
Author: AntiguaBride
BrightSpot- I think I agree w/ you that the whole island wedding thing is a bit casual and perhaps not as ''done up'' as American weddings. That being said, with school and such there''s ABSOLUTELY no way I could''ve ever planned a wedding and coordinated officiant/photographer/location etc etc. And the price couldn''t be beat!
Oh, I agree with you 100%! One of the main reasons we did a desintation wedding was so that we could avoid a lot of the details (and cost) involved with throwing a big local wedding. I wish our photos had turned out a bit better (and there will always be something we wish we''d done differently in hindsight no matter what wedding plans we made!), but other than that, I was thrilled with our choice!

Have a wonderful time at your reception on Sunday. I''ll be thinking of you. (I''m an only child too, btw!
2.gif
)

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
Girl, you look absolutely smashing in that dress--who cares what the sister thinks!

Your pictures are just wonderful, thanks so much for sharing!

Congrats to you and your hubby!

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
Whoah! Awesome wedding ceremony location! You look great too! Congrats!

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow, that looks like such a great time! You look wonderful! Oh, how I love those beach shots....

amyg

Shiny_Rock
Wow!!! You look absolutely Gorgeous!!! And you both look so unbelievably happy!!!!!!!!! It looks wonderful...I''m glad everything went well!!

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
omg...ya''ll look soooo beautiful and HAPPPY!!!! Love the shot of your DH about to lose it, I have the same shot with mine
9.gif
. And the pic of ya''ll on the rocks...absolutely stunning!

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Oh your wedding pics are just precious! I love that last pic of you two! And if you think it is a little too nontraditional what about using the one of you on the rock with your veil flying in the wind? Its a gorgeous picture and you can see you faces. Congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results