shape
carat
color
clarity

Mr. Distracts' Wedding Ring!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So. There was a wee bit of drama with this ring and me being very worried that it wouldn't arrive on time. But it arrived yesterday! Which was good.

It's the Hubble meteorite ring by Cross Jewelers, 8mm wide in platinum. My fiance was really opposed to the idea of wearing any ring for the longest time, but when he saw this one, no other ring would do and he HAD to have it. He is SO EXCITED about it, guys. I gave it to him yesterday at our food tasting (FOR THE WEDDING!) and he didn't take it off until this afternoon when he had to go golfing. He doesn't want to give it back to me at all, lol.

Pretty box (the whole package was beautiful but I just took a pic of the box):
img_4429.jpg

oooh
img_4436.jpg

Maybe not my size...
img_4431.jpg

It looks really green because we have bright green walls:
img_4434.jpg

OMG HE IS WEARING IT
img_4444.jpg

YAY
img_4448.jpg

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
That's a very cool ring!!!! Wonderful texture! So glad it came in on time and you didn't have to do a backup!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got a plain titanium backup ring but I'm going to return it because he won't wear it on account of it being "too shiny." I offered to go to town on it with some steel wool but he doesn't want me to. Whatever. This one definitely suits him more though.

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Awesome! Extra win for making a guy who is generally not into rings get really excited about one. Looks great!

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
Very unique, I :love: it and I'm glad he does too.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it!! One of the nicest men's rings I've ever seen, it's really great that he loves it so much! It cracks me up that he didn't want to give it back - now he knows how we women feel! :D I'm so glad it arrived in time too :appl:

stci

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! Congrats!

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
That is beautiful! I love it!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Oh yah! :appl: I've been waiting to see photos! It looks amazing on him! Definitely worth the wait!!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very cool, I can see why he likes it!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very unique! I know the pain of trying to find a wedding band for a particular man. I'm very impressed.

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Fab ring! The box is amazing too. And I love your story about him getting just the ring he wants.

Is that Cross Jewelers in Portland, Maine? I've heard good things about them.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very handsome band!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! I wondered what kind of ring it was! I am sure a lot of men would love that! Glad it came in time!

alisonia333

Shiny_Rock
Cross in Portland? They're within walking distance from me, cool to see their stuff on PS! I love the band, it's very masculine, but not in a cheesy way like all of those sort of industrial looking men's rings.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Smith1942|1365802554|3425773 said:
Is that Cross Jewelers in Portland, Maine? I've heard good things about them.

Yep. The quality is excellent. Their communication was less so (I am used to very clear answers, and every time I asked them anything they gave me the runaround and super-vague answers, which contributed to my anxiety), and due to it being several weeks later than they said the absolute latest it would be ready would be, I would hesitate to recommend them for anything on a deadline, but I louped the shit out of the ring and really can't argue with the quality.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Very unique. I am so happy it arrived on time.

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
"Hubble meteorite", what an inspired name for a man's wedding ring. It looks interesting, a ring you wouldn't tire of. Not too much longer to wait to wear it. Exciting time for you both.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Polished|1365915177|3426565 said:
"Hubble meteorite", what an inspired name for a man's wedding ring. It looks interesting, a ring you wouldn't tire of. Not too much longer to wait to wear it. Exciting time for you both.

lol he's not waiting... he's had it on since he got it with the exception of when he went to play golf. Dunno how I'm going to get it back from him before the ceremony! I suppose I'll have to pry it off his finger at the rehearsal dinner!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results