shape
carat
color
clarity

Moving to a new server

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
I'll be moving the site to a new sever today. Forum will be closed for a few hours. Please bear with me...

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
ok, we're on the new server now and have latest version of the forum software.

There are a bunch of new features we have to get used to.
sick.gif

Please post your questions regarding new forum features here.

Btw, if you had a link to your website in your signature before, you might want to edit the it using html codes.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very cool new look, Leo! Can't wait to try the new HTML etc.
naughty.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Leonid, I must have completely missed the private messages before. I had 3 messages from the summer! PM's are now pronounced. Thanks!

To anyone still peaking in who sent me a PM - sorry - If you still need to know the answers to your questions, feel free to PM me again.

Good luck w/ the new look & server.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes I just noticed PM for the first time too! It's much more pronounced now.

Also--I don't seem to be getting notified of replies to my messages anymore (subscribe email), was this somehow modified in the switch-over, are we starting from scratch?

justme

Shiny_Rock
WOW - great new look! Congrats. Leonid

tdu2000

Rough_Rock
You cannot even say ****o on pricescope anymore.
wavey.gif

It is "h-e-l-l-o" by the way.

optimized

Shiny_Rock
Overall, I definitely like the new look and feel of the forums! Pretty slick. Nicely done, Leonid! A few thoughts/questions I have though:

-- Do we now discard the "IdeallBB codes" that we were using before? I noticed that the hyperlinks that used to be included in old messages (and that I tended to include with wild abandon) seem to have been stripped, possibly because they need to be HTML "a href" statements now. But I also notice that the bold and italics seem to still be there. Please advise on what the new boards require.

-- On a related note, is there a "tips" page about the new features of the forum in the offing (or already available)? I'm ready to dig in to the new forum and wield the IdealBB power - just need to know what kind of "power" is available.
1.gif

-- As mentioned by tdu, the content filters seem to be a little on the sensitive side. Since Pricescope is by and large such a "civil" forum anyway, I could see there being little need for this type of filtering at all, especially filters so string they turn "h e l l o" into "****o." I think I'd turn it off completely, if it's possible to.

-- As Mara commented, my subscriptions appear to have been clobbered too. Will we need to resubscribe to any threads that we previously were receiving email alerts about?

More feedback as I notice/think of things...

-Tim

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wanted to also note that new subscriptions I have put in place today (e.g. to this thread) are not sending replies to my email account either. Today I've received no 'reply posted' emails at ALL. What gives?

Ha ha so that is what the *** were. I thought..well maybe there is filtering involved now and then I thought..****o? and Cut? ODD! Would seem that would definitely need to be modified so we will even know what the subject means!
1.gif
hee hee.
tongue.gif

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
I like the new "look" Leonid. Good move.

I also found PM's that I never knew I had... Sorry to everybody that thought I was just rude and obnoxious in not answering their emails.

student

Shiny_Rock
Looks great, Leonid. Keep up the good work!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys...

PM system wasn't working properly in previous version. I have to test the current version it yet.

I have two major issues: private emails and file attachments don't work properly yet. Hope to fix it soon.

I'll try to address other issues soon.

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
I also just discovered that I had private messages. I'm sorry I didn't know (though I just learned that I couldn't have known...whew!) and didn't respond to those who asked for help. Email me!
1.gif

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Leonid,
I like the new look you've created here. I have to admit, the old look was an eyesore & I had trouble navigating around here. haha I'm glad I've returned to a new facelift.

Judy
:)

enibas

Rough_Rock
gorgeous!!
1.gif
congrats!
appl.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
This board allows to set up custom fields for the user info:
please check it out here. This information will show up when one clicks on a member profile.

At the moment I set up the following fields:

• Name
  • Company
  • Website
  • City
  • State
  • Country
  • Interests

Any suggestions about more custom fields are welcome
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great idea Leo! I was actually thinking it'd be nice to see more about what our fellow Pricescopers do in their spare time offline. Also, would be cool if there was a way to post a picture on our profile page so that we can see what each other and significant others who they are purchasing for look like etc etc. Just kind of a cute addition if anyone is interested?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Very good idea, Mara.

What I can do quickly is to have an extra field for the link to an image.

Then if this field is not empty, the image will be shown in the user profile. Whould it be ok?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes that sounds great..whatever you think that is simple..don't want to make it complicated! I love the idea of profiles anyway.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Tim,
----------------
-- Do we now discard the "IdeallBB codes" that we were using before?
----------------
I hope I fixed it in order to keep old formating. " url= " type of codes should still work. New version support HTML codes though e.g. " a href= "

Besides one can use Rich Text editor (with IE5+).
----------------
-- As mentioned by tdu, the content filters seem to be a little on the sensitive side. Since Pricescope is by and large such a "civil" forum anyway, I could see there being little need for this type of filtering at all, especially filters so string they turn "h e l l o" into "****o." I think I'd turn it off completely, if it's possible to.
----------------
Agree, will do.

----------------
-- As Mara commented, my subscriptions appear to have been clobbered too. Will we need to resubscribe to any threads that we previously were receiving email alerts about?
----------------
Hmmm... I thought I copied the subscriptions from the previous version
sick.gif
root/>

optimized

Shiny_Rock
Yep, it looks like the old IdealBB hyperlinks that had gone missing are now back. Nice job, Leonid. So, can I assume we may continue to use the IdealBB hyperlink format? It's actually much sleeker and easier to type on the fly than the cumbersome "a href" HTML statements.

One very minor thing I noticed recently is that there are some portions of pre-update posts that have had words/phrases removed that were previously contained in brackets <> as an example:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Another common wording for the description of the use tax is: "The use tax is a companion tax to the sales tax. Sales tax is a tax on sales in . Use tax is a tax applied to purchases made outside . Use tax is imposed for storing, using, or consuming goods (tangible personal property) in . All states that have a sales tax also have a corresponding use tax." Essentially, if you consider an Internet transaction to be "in state," you are responsible to pay a sales tax. If you consider an Internet transaction to be "out of state," you are responsible to pay a use tax.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The above excerpt used to have bracketed comments, and should look like this (with brackets changed to parentheses to ensure display in this post):

Another common wording for the description of the use tax is: "The use tax is a companion tax to the sales tax. Sales tax is a tax on sales in (your state). Use tax is a tax applied to purchases made outside (your state). Use tax is imposed for storing, using, or consuming goods (tangible personal property) in (your state). All states that have a sales tax also have a corresponding use tax." Essentially, if you consider an Internet transaction to be "in state," you are responsible to pay a sales tax. If you consider an Internet transaction to be "out of state," you are responsible to pay a use tax.

Can this be fixed, or should we just avoid using brackets in posts in the future?

-Tim

[/u]

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Leo--don't forget about the addition of the field to add a picture into our profile!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results