shape
carat
color
clarity

Moving the wedding from 1.5 years away to within 5 months!?

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Re: Moving the wedding from 1.5 years away to within 5 month

I'm glad you made this decision, HopeDream. While your grandmother's health is a serious concern and your aunt's suggestion was well-meant, it was probably just that, a suggestion. It has to work for you guys, and it just doesn't seem like it will work. It sounds like you really thought it through and came to a good decision together!

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock

Absolutely no wedding should be rushed. You have done the 'right' thing. It's a good thing your aunt doesn't think some great-grandchildren would also be in order ASAP! (Little attempt at humor there, but where do these family busybodies draw the line for goodness' sakes?)

You and your fiance---the most important people in this decision and in this wedding.

Your aunt can/should DO and PAY FOR anything she would like to provide for your dear grandmother at this time. No one is stopping her, are they.

Some people are pretty free and easy with difficult requests of other people.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

I kind of dealt with this. My mother had terminal cancer. My husband and I had been together for years and she knew that we were getting engaged. She knew when my BFF and my then BF were going to look at rings (which I discovered through the powers of deduction) and she knew when we would possibly be getting engaged. I wanted to have her there to see me get married. We talked about my wedding extensively. My then BF knew all of this, but he wasn't quite ready to be engaged yet. Much less married.

My mom passed away on December 4th, 2008.

We were engaged on December 19th, 2008. (This was the anticipated time, a trip that my mom gave us to Las Vegas for Christmas.)

We were married January 9th, 2010.

Was it the end of the world? No. Do I regret her not being there for any of it? Yes, and I probably always will. He does as well.

But you have to do what is the best for you two. I'm able to let it go. He did the best he could and I know she held on as long as she could. The important part for us to look back on is that she knew him. She knew we would get married and she knew that I had found my partner. The rest was really just a party...

I think you made the right decision. In the meantime, spend as much time with her NOW as you can. Make the memories NOW count.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results