shape
carat
color
clarity

Movie recommendations anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

drk

Brilliant_Rock
DH and I just finished watching Hot Fuzz, a British production. We loved it - it had some fantastic humour in it, was quirky, and the actors were great.

If anyone else has recommendations of fantastic or super funny movies they''ve seen, I''d love to hear them. I''m always looking for inspiration, and with all the studying for the last 2 years, can''t remember the last time I saw a movie in the theatre. (I''d rather rent a DVD and have a fantastic dinner while watching it at home anyhow)

Kate

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
We really liked Hot Fuzz, and if you like British humor you might like Ghost Town or Sean of the Dead.

Hera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/20/2009 4:20:28 PM
Author: Sabine
We really liked Hot Fuzz, and if you like British humor you might like Ghost Town or Sean of the Dead.
Great recommendations! I love those movies! I think it's Shawn of the Dead, though.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't forget Run Fat Boy, Run. We adore Simon Pegg in this house!

ETA: you might like Bon Cop, Bad Cop too. Not Simon Pegg, but possibly something you didn't see if you're not Canadian.
2.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really liked Get Smart... one of my all time fav right now.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Hey drk, if you liked hot fuzz you''d love "How to Lose Friends and Alienate People". Also has Simon Pegg, is super funny.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
We love British movies! Some of my favorites: Cold Comfort Farm, Keeping Mum, and Calendar Girls
2.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another good one (but it''s American and in the theater) is The Hangover.It''s hysterical!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
if you loved HOT FUZZ, you''ll love FIDO. a very different and intelligent movie........with zombies. can''t recommend it enough.

mz

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/20/2009 10:41:49 PM
Author: heraanderson

Date: 6/20/2009 4:20:28 PM
Author: Sabine
Great recommendations! I love those movies! I think it''s Shawn of the Dead, though.
Haha, nope, it''s SHAUN of the dead. (We own it.)

I mentioned on your other thread, but if you can get Life on Mars (BBC version, not the American), it''s really excellent.

drk

Brilliant_Rock
Sounding good - I love offbeat humour. Thanks for the tips!

I can definitely second Bon cop, Bad cop. I''m Canadian, so of course I had to see it. Speak some French too, which is even better, but my quebequois accent is seriously rusty. DH and I both though it was a totally awesome movie.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
I want to see The Hangover!

I just watched About Schmidt w/ Jack Nicholson again. That movie cracks me up! Not new by any means, but funny nonetheless. If you like dry/sarcastic humor.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Last movie I saw in the theater was UP! Went for the kids but I liked it too! Its such a sweet story.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2009 8:39:31 PM
Author: movie zombie
if you loved HOT FUZZ, you''ll love FIDO. a very different and intelligent movie........with zombies. can''t recommend it enough.

mz
hahaha to Fido. We watched that a year or two back. My DH seems to surprise me with all kinds of Zombie movies!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i know that was an odd statement re FIDO: intelligent and zombies in one movies?! you betcha! its not the normal zombie movie.............

so what other zombie movies did your DH lay on you, MC?

mz

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2009 12:25:28 AM
Author: asscherisme
Last movie I saw in the theater was UP! Went for the kids but I liked it too! Its such a sweet story.
Goodness Asscherisme, I must admit I got a little shock there, until I discovered there is a new, kids movie out called UP!, and you weren''t referring to the slightly more adult original!

Courtneylub

Brilliant_Rock
We watch a new movie just about every night and the ones that really stick with me are: "Seven Pounds" with Will Smith....what a great one. And "Taken" - a great suspenseful flick.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2009 2:03:03 PM
Author: lyra
Don''t forget Run Fat Boy, Run. We adore Simon Pegg in this house!

ETA: you might like Bon Cop, Bad Cop too. Not Simon Pegg, but possibly something you didn''t see if you''re not Canadian.
2.gif
DITTO, run fat boy run, is AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results