shape
carat
color
clarity

Movado watch purchase online advice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Pollacchi

Rough_Rock
I used this site for research when making a diamond purchase for an e-ring now im looking for advice when purchasing a wedding gift for myself.

I found a Movado watch I really like at jewelry store and they were asking 1425 for it but can give it to me for 1200. I went home and found the style name on the Movado website and did a search. I found the same watch online for as low as 700, new and sealed by the manuf. When spending this kind of money on a watch I want to make sure it is real and new. Is it safe to purchase online?

Thank you!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/22/2008 2:54:18 PM
Author:Pollacchi
I used this site for research when making a diamond purchase for an e-ring now im looking for advice when purchasing a wedding gift for myself.

I found a Movado watch I really like at jewelry store and they were asking 1425 for it but can give it to me for 1200. I went home and found the style name on the Movado website and did a search. I found the same watch online for as low as 700, new and sealed by the manuf. When spending this kind of money on a watch I want to make sure it is real and new. Is it safe to purchase online?

Thank you!
have you check Costco ?

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Keep in mind that when you buy from an authorized dealer then you gat a warrenty from the manfacture in case of a problem...in many cases the watches sold on the internet are called grey market...or watches that dont have a warrenty from the manufactor.So the heavy discount comes with risk...over the internet you dont know how old the watch is,if its been worn or damaged in shipping from another location or if its a fake copy.This is why you dont want to buy off just any watch site that says they carry name brand watches for less then a retail discount.Also consider that if you are going to buy from a authorized dealer then make sure you have a watch that hasnt been sitting in stock for a long time and that hasnt been handled over and over by customers...i would ask for one from under stock that has been recently recieved to the store so you know that it hasnt had its batteries changed at the store and is factory fresh.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results