shape
carat
color
clarity

Movado Diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Imogen

Rough_Rock
I am looking for an engagement ring with my boyfriend and we both stumbled across movado. usually movado makes watches only with a few pieces of fashion jewelry but they are starting an engagement collection. how do you guys think their diamonds rate?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
this is not very hard to figure out just by asking the suplier the right questions. Such issues ("how do the diamonds of XXX retailer rate") are often mentioned here: I guess Movado's are next... Usually, the conclusion is "not great". First I have to say that "diamond rating" on Pricescope focuses on the cut quality (ON TOP of the other Cs) and the optical properties (sparkle, or light return) of rounds, but also other shapes. If how bright and sparkling your diamond is matters, than Pricescope's is the right approach for you. There are not too many instruments or methods to evaluate the light return of a diamond, so, if you know that the stone you are interested in has not passed such light return tests, you may want to pass the stone and consider an altrnative vendor. In absence of any objective evaluation of cut quality, it is hard to rely on your eyes only (or the vendors!) without having seen a truly wide selection of stones yourself. For example, the cut quality guarantee for the e-ring diamonds sold by

Debeeers and Tiffany do not cary such evaluation for optical properties.
Each seller can devize its own cut standards, it is a good thing to ask what the standard guarantees. The industry itself has such cut benchmarks already, such as the AGA's. ( HERE )

What this optical properties I am talking about are and how are they measured is explained in some detail in Pricescope's cut tutorial. Other such references are listed by the GoodOldGold site and Preciousmetals . Other sellers use such standards too: this is not an endoresement for these sellers only... If you are willing to pay what can be a steep premium for a name, it may be a good idea to investigate these issues. Diamonds with great cuts do not necesarily cary a brandname. These are usually bought loose, and if you decide to buy them online your cost is bound to be lower per carat (if this matters, or the stone can be better if you so choose).

Hope this helps
However, the content of the above sites is a good example for what entails to offfer a good reason why one's brand guarantees great stones.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
who really knows! you should find out if their diamonds are certified and how they gauge cut for the stone, also are you going to pay alot more for the 'brand name' of the diamond, when in reality you could probably get something as beautiful if not better cut online for less.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results