shape
carat
color
clarity

Mouth ulcers

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Does anyone know a home remedy that will help ?
Im in agony
I did google and ive been salt gargling and i tried rubbing honey on - which shows you how desperate i am because i have always hated honey - ive consumed more honey today that my whole life combined
.....Now i find out honey is a laxative

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no poor Daisy!

Yes, gargling with salt water might be helpful.

As taking Vitamin C (1000 at a time) and Lysine. Zinc might be helpful as well. Just don't overdo the zinc. Vitamins B9 and B1 also could help.

Drink plenty of water.

Take paracetamol if you can for the pain.

Avoid spicy food for now.

If it is really painful try covering with baking soda paste if it isn't too messy for you.

And try getting plenty of sleep. When one is run down one is more prone to getting canker sores and such.

Sending you bucketloads of healing dust and (((HUGS))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did some googling for you. HTH.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I use this and find it really helpful

170D0277-C889-4418-ADF4-A47D4D9EC5CD.jpeg

it translates as watermelon powder? Was a total skeptic when an ex colleague recommended it many years ago but it totally helps. The ulcer will go down and heal within a day or two after applying the powder.

If not then bonjela or one of those numbing gels give some temporary relief.

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
im really sorry, you are dealing with mouth sores

hold salt water solution in your mouth is very helpful, i suggest, multiple times a day, especially after consuming food. it's about keeping the area as clean as possible so that your body can heal.
to switch it up, you can also try listerine antiseptic mouthrinse

are you getting adequate rest?? are you dealing with low grade stress that you might not be aware of?? (i know i don't get enough quality rest and with the state of the world, dealing with low grade stress)

try to, consciously, relax (it's easier said than done BUT it's good practice to be able to condition yourself, to relax. it will serve you well)

are you taking a multi-vitamin supplement to make up for any dietary deficiencies??

if the pain is unbearable try an over the counter numbing topical numbing agent

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it all over your mouth or one sided. I got bad shingles on the roof of my mouth just one side; twice. It hurt like you know what!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I echo the warm salt water. Also, I’ve used the patches that you put on the sore. It dissolves and sticks there protecting it. You rinse, dry the spot thoroughly then apply. Keep mouth still until it kinda dissolves, forms a patch & adheres.

Buttercookies

Brilliant_Rock
This is not home remedy but this one works as I tend to get them as well. It heals as well as prevent. I use it as soon as I feel one is breaking out. Works everytime.

1600548224264.jpeg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is it all over your mouth or one sided. I got bad shingles on the roof of my mouth just one side; twice. It hurt like you know what!

:(2 that sounds dreadful
Just one side' down side of gum, top and bottom and roof of mouth

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some people find that going to a toothpaste without SLS helped prevent recurring mouth sores.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gargling and rinsing with warm salt water works best for me. I generally get them from too much vitamin C.

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
I get canker sores fairly often. I noticed if I overdo the sodium they pop up a lot more :( no good remedies here once i have one though :(

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How are you feeling today @Daisys and Diamonds ? Hope you had a good night and are doing better. ❤️

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Glyoxide. Available without Rx at pharmacy.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alum powder.

deorwine

Shiny_Rock
Oh dear, this is probably far too late, but in the event this might help someone:

ASPARAGUS. It seems weird but it really helps!! Eat a bunch when you start feeling one come on and it super reduces the pain and swelling. The funny thing is that I had suffered from these for years off and on, and the dentist was no help, but I was complaining to the receptionist and she was the one who suggested it!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh dear, this is probably far too late, but in the event this might help someone:

ASPARAGUS. It seems weird but it really helps!! Eat a bunch when you start feeling one come on and it super reduces the pain and swelling. The funny thing is that I had suffered from these for years off and on, and the dentist was no help, but I was complaining to the receptionist and she was the one who suggested it!

Thank you
To the receptionist also

Your definitely not too late and it is just starting to be asparagus seaaon here
Ive had a really bad run after not being sick with anything for almost 2 years i got vertigo and the ulcers despaired while i was feeling way too sick to eat but surged back with the worst pain i can ever remember
Wow that bonjella stuff is a miricle pain killer

Ive been eatting ultra bland food and heaps of dairy
But tonight im having a small orange
I need a zing of flavor so bad

I will buy some asparagus this week
it might just kick what's left off them (inside of check) to the curb

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Thank you
To the receptionist also

Your definitely not too late and it is just starting to be asparagus seaaon here
Ive had a really bad run after not being sick with anything for almost 2 years i got vertigo and the ulcers despaired while i was feeling way too sick to eat but surged back with the worst pain i can ever remember
Wow that bonjella stuff is a miricle pain killer

Ive been eatting ultra bland food and heaps of dairy
But tonight im having a small orange
I need a zing of flavor so bad

I will buy some asparagus this week
it might just kick what's left off them (inside of check) to the curb

Hope you feel better soon. I also have had good luck with saltwater.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Dad used to get them all the time. Then he switched over to a toothpaste without fluoride and he stopped getting them. Let me know if you are interested in the brand.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
My Dad used to get them all the time. Then he switched over to a toothpaste without fluoride and he stopped getting them. Let me know if you are interested in the brand.

Sure
thank you
no way do i ever want pain like that again
im pretty sure we fo use a floride toothpaste but I'll check

been a week with out any pain
Have had 2 oranges today and several (truth actually 5) chocolate biscuits so fingers crossed im ok

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Aerielle Max

Shiny_Rock
One thing that I have tried and found to be effective for mouth sores is to eat yogurt. It heals fast. :)

Jsand

Shiny_Rock
You should try to work out what’s causing them which will help. I used to get ulcers all the time, I would have one more often than I wouldn’t - always in the same spot, very painful and irritating! I worked out the trigger food was tinned tomatoes so stopped using those in cooking and now ulcers are a rarity. I don’t even remember the last time I had one.
Good luck!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results