Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Mouth ulcers

Daisys and Diamonds

Ideal_Rock
Does anyone know a home remedy that will help ?
Im in agony
I did google and ive been salt gargling and i tried rubbing honey on - which shows you how desperate i am because i have always hated honey - ive consumed more honey today that my whole life combined
.....Now i find out honey is a laxative

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no poor Daisy!

Yes, gargling with salt water might be helpful.

As taking Vitamin C (1000 at a time) and Lysine. Zinc might be helpful as well. Just don't overdo the zinc. Vitamins B9 and B1 also could help.

Drink plenty of water.

Take paracetamol if you can for the pain.

Avoid spicy food for now.

If it is really painful try covering with baking soda paste if it isn't too messy for you.

And try getting plenty of sleep. When one is run down one is more prone to getting canker sores and such.

Sending you bucketloads of healing dust and (((HUGS))).

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I use this and find it really helpful

170D0277-C889-4418-ADF4-A47D4D9EC5CD.jpeg

it translates as watermelon powder? Was a total skeptic when an ex colleague recommended it many years ago but it totally helps. The ulcer will go down and heal within a day or two after applying the powder.

If not then bonjela or one of those numbing gels give some temporary relief.

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
im really sorry, you are dealing with mouth sores

hold salt water solution in your mouth is very helpful, i suggest, multiple times a day, especially after consuming food. it's about keeping the area as clean as possible so that your body can heal.
to switch it up, you can also try listerine antiseptic mouthrinse

are you getting adequate rest?? are you dealing with low grade stress that you might not be aware of?? (i know i don't get enough quality rest and with the state of the world, dealing with low grade stress)

try to, consciously, relax (it's easier said than done BUT it's good practice to be able to condition yourself, to relax. it will serve you well)

are you taking a multi-vitamin supplement to make up for any dietary deficiencies??

if the pain is unbearable try an over the counter numbing topical numbing agent

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it all over your mouth or one sided. I got bad shingles on the roof of my mouth just one side; twice. It hurt like you know what!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I echo the warm salt water. Also, I’ve used the patches that you put on the sore. It dissolves and sticks there protecting it. You rinse, dry the spot thoroughly then apply. Keep mouth still until it kinda dissolves, forms a patch & adheres.

Buttercookies

Shiny_Rock
This is not home remedy but this one works as I tend to get them as well. It heals as well as prevent. I use it as soon as I feel one is breaking out. Works everytime.

1600548224264.jpeg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some people find that going to a toothpaste without SLS helped prevent recurring mouth sores.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gargling and rinsing with warm salt water works best for me. I generally get them from too much vitamin C.

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
I get canker sores fairly often. I noticed if I overdo the sodium they pop up a lot more :( no good remedies here once i have one though :(

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How are you feeling today @Daisys and Diamonds ? Hope you had a good night and are doing better. ❤

deorwine

Shiny_Rock
Oh dear, this is probably far too late, but in the event this might help someone:

ASPARAGUS. It seems weird but it really helps!! Eat a bunch when you start feeling one come on and it super reduces the pain and swelling. The funny thing is that I had suffered from these for years off and on, and the dentist was no help, but I was complaining to the receptionist and she was the one who suggested it!

Daisys and Diamonds

Ideal_Rock
Oh dear, this is probably far too late, but in the event this might help someone:

ASPARAGUS. It seems weird but it really helps!! Eat a bunch when you start feeling one come on and it super reduces the pain and swelling. The funny thing is that I had suffered from these for years off and on, and the dentist was no help, but I was complaining to the receptionist and she was the one who suggested it!
Thank you
To the receptionist also

Your definitely not too late and it is just starting to be asparagus seaaon here
Ive had a really bad run after not being sick with anything for almost 2 years i got vertigo and the ulcers despaired while i was feeling way too sick to eat but surged back with the worst pain i can ever remember
Wow that bonjella stuff is a miricle pain killer

Ive been eatting ultra bland food and heaps of dairy
But tonight im having a small orange
I need a zing of flavor so bad

I will buy some asparagus this week
it might just kick what's left off them (inside of check) to the curb

moneymeister

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you
To the receptionist also

Your definitely not too late and it is just starting to be asparagus seaaon here
Ive had a really bad run after not being sick with anything for almost 2 years i got vertigo and the ulcers despaired while i was feeling way too sick to eat but surged back with the worst pain i can ever remember
Wow that bonjella stuff is a miricle pain killer

Ive been eatting ultra bland food and heaps of dairy
But tonight im having a small orange
I need a zing of flavor so bad

I will buy some asparagus this week
it might just kick what's left off them (inside of check) to the curb
Hope you feel better soon. I also have had good luck with saltwater.

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Good Customer Service Goes a Long Way
    Good Customer Service Goes a Long Way
    5.5 Carat Diamond Upgrade
    5.5 Carat Diamond Upgrade
    Style File: Julia Roberts
    Style File: Julia Roberts

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.