shape
carat
color
clarity

Mounting Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cut-up

Rough_Rock
First off, I''d like to say hello. I''ve been lurking here for a while now and have learned a lot. I have a quick question about having a stone mounted. If I have the diamond, approximately what should I expect to be charged to have it set in platinum? Thanks in advance.

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Welcome to the forum and glad to see you posting...
wacko.gif

Depending on where you get the setting from most places will not charge to have the diamond set. If you buy the stone and the setting seperate and then look to get it mounted it will cost you a nominal fee, but nothing worth worrying about especially after shelling out the dough for a diamond...
wavey.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Hi Cut-Up and Welcome to the Forum!
wavey.gif

Josh is right about the mounting fee. Most jewelers will mount the diamond for free as a courtesy of buying a diamond and or setting. If you buy the setting and diamond from another source, there will be a mounting fee. The actual fee will depend on the going rate in your area. Maybe around $40 or so?? Just be sure to work with a jeweler that has a really good platinum smith. There are more than a few horror tales in passed threads of people's rings being ruined by a smith that is not competent working in platinum.

If you are talking about the actual price of a platinum setting, that can vary. You can expect to pay around $300 to $400 for a simple, classic, platinum solitaire setting. Go fancier, and the price goes up. Custom rings can easily range as much as $2K to $3K, or more, not counting the center set stone. Pricing depends on a alot of things. Diamond accents. Etched/engraved, scroll work. Many factors figure into the cost of any e-ring setting. With plat, the price of the base metal is higher than gold.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results