shape
carat
color
clarity

Mounting.. How do you know!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

anthony1015

Rough_Rock
I''ve found a diamond and a setting now I need to have it mounted.
I''ve never dealt with a jeweler before and am a bit confused on how to choose one. I met with one local jeweler (in Michigan), but didn’t feel all that comfortable with him.
Is there a certificate or rating to go by when finding a person to mount your ring? Is the mounting really that important?
Not sure where to start. I’d hate to spend all that money on a ring and then not have a nice appearance because of a poor setting! Thanks!

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
Hello Anthony,

Most of the "certifications" that you'll see in a jewelry store are merely reflections of paid affiliation with various jewelry related trade organizations and thus they hold little weight in our opinion... And hey, we have a few of those stickers on the door of our store as well so we're saying this from a point of valid reference, not attack mode...

We recommend asking a few of your friends, family members and co-workers who they use as a jeweler in the area... Get them to talk about what they liked and did not like about their experience, their ring, and any follow-up care provided by their jewelers and then take the time to visit the jewelers mentioned... Go with your instinct when you meet the jewelers, first impressions are usually right.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results