shape
carat
color
clarity

mounting diamonds in rings bought online

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

calgary

Rough_Rock
a little help. if i buy a setting online, where can i get the center stone mounted? i am buying a 2+ carat square diamond and my local jewlers say that 99% of square crowns (this is what they called the prongs) are custom made.

do the rings online come close enough for the jewler to modify the crowns / prongs or do the jewlers pull them out and replace them with their own base crown / prongs and charge me for the whole ring anyway?

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
If you can't find a source for having a diamond set, we can accomodate people needing this sort of service. There is a risk, not a big one, but a risk nevertheless of having breakage occur, especially in princess cut diamonds during the setting process.

The 90 degree pointed corners can become chipped and there is no setter who can claim they never bust off a pointed end. We use good people with years of experience, but stuff happens from time to time.

For this reason, it is always best and recommended to let the diamond be set by the seller of the stone so that YOU, the consumer, are covered. The price of most mountings is not sufficient for a mounting seller to always offer you the same degree of protection.

We don't offer any complex mountings so ther is very little in doing any setting for consumers other than the satisfaction of assisting them in a needed process. We offer no coverage of this risk short of saying we make every effort to avoid negligence. While no one can excuse negligence, accidental damage is possible and needs to be considered when you buy a diamond one place, buy a mounting elesewhere and want it set at a third place. YOU may be the only one willing to accept responsibility for an accident and undoubtedly the consumer is not prepared to deal with a broken or chiped diamond.

We recommend the seller of the diamond have the setting work accomplished whenever that can be done.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results