shape
carat
color
clarity

Mother's ring

indigoblue

Shiny_Rock
Several years ago I bought a platinum wedding set (without the big diamond and the three smaller diamonds) from a PSer. The engagement ring setting was "lost" by the jeweler, but that's another story that I told in Rocky Talk. Fortunately, this setting wasn't taken to that jeweler and escaped being lost. My thought all along was to make it into a mother's ring since it holds three stones and I have three kids. My son was born in October, and my twin daughters were born in February (on Leap Year Day).

I recently found a new jeweler that I like (and trust), so he set the stones last week. He already had the opal and ordered the two matching amethysts. He said it was really tricky setting them because they share prongs, but he did a great job. Meet my Mother's Ring.

CSband2.jpg 091359crop2.jpg IMG_20191203_100212.jpg IMG_20191203_100440.jpg

voce

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! It's gorgeous!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh its just lovelly :love:

are mother rings a new thing ?
ive never heard of them until i started reading PS

indigoblue

Shiny_Rock
I think I remember seeing them a long time ago in department stores. Zales sells them. It's just a cute little ring to remind me of my kids. It turned out better than I imagined.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this so much!! How lovely to have a symbol of your children on your hand, and the sparkly diamond cuffs are so pretty.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awesome! Enjoy it.

I hope the jewelers compensated you for the lost setting.

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock
So pretty! It turns out that your birthstones complement each other. Wear it in heslth and happiness!

Iwanttosparkle

Shiny_Rock
I love it . I have *been* looking for a mother’s ring, I also have 3 children. I hope I can find one as nice as yours. Your children must love it. Enjoy!

MelMc

Rough_Rock
Just don't tell your kids that if a stone falls out you have to get rid of that child. My mother did that and sent my youngest brother into hysterics on the day she lost the peridot out of her ring. (She kept him anyway. :lol:)

indigoblue

Shiny_Rock
So pretty! It turns out that your birthstones complement each other. Wear it in heslth and happiness!

Thanks for all of the compliments on my ring! And thanks to you for using the word complement correctly. Ha! You really live up to your screen name. So often people use compliment (to express praise) when they should use complement (to complete). Now that everyone has had their grammar lesson for the day, I will step off my soapbox. :geek:

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
GREAT new ring with sentimental value. How lucky you are that their birthstones look so well together!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results