shape
carat
color
clarity

Motek Diamonds??

chunli06

Rough_Rock
Anyone in the DFW area ever been to a place called Motek Diamonds? My girlfriend was recommended to this place by a client of hers. I took the plunge and went to visit Motek. They showed me a some loose stones and educated me on diamonds and did some comparisons.

The prices are great at Motek but I'm not too sure about the certification. I believe they use IDL. I never heard of it which is why I'm a bit sketchy.

The diamonds I looked at were a 1.01 round G VS2 for $4800 and a 1.25 round G VS2 for $6900.

On the 1.01 diamond, I can actually see a small inclusion on the outside of the diamond. On the 1.25, I can see a very small inclusion under the table.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
will be best to go with GIA or AGS since you will be getting what you think you are. with the price of the diamond you said, and you can see with naked eye on a VS2 stone shows the grades are not really up to PSer standers...

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
chunli06|1307023543|2936179 said:
Anyone in the DFW area ever been to a place called Motek Diamonds? My girlfriend was recommended to this place by a client of hers. I took the plunge and went to visit Motek. They showed me a some loose stones and educated me on diamonds and did some comparisons.

The prices are great at Motek but I'm not too sure about the certification. I believe they use IDL. I never heard of it which is why I'm a bit sketchy.

The diamonds I looked at were a 1.01 round G VS2 for $4800 and a 1.25 round G VS2 for $6900.

On the 1.01 diamond, I can actually see a small inclusion on the outside of the diamond. On the 1.25, I can see a very small inclusion under the table.
and you can use it for toilet tissue.

chunli06

Rough_Rock
That bad huh? :lol:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
chunli06|1307028559|2936225 said:
That bad huh? :lol:
yup,these stones were graded by a Micky Mouse lab... :knockout: the prices you posted are "too good to be true" for its grade.. ::) go look at some well cut GIA or AGS graded stones.. ;))

chunli06

Rough_Rock
He kept on insisting that I'm just a consumer and not a reseller so it doesn't matter about the certification. All that matters is if the wife to be will be happy with the stone and the amount spent.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
chunli06|1307030187|2936250 said:
He kept on insisting that I'm just a consumer and not a reseller so it doesn't matter about the certification. All that matters is if the wife to be will be happy with the stone and the amount spent.
then tell him that your a well informed consumer and stop B.S..ing ya.. :rolleyes:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
No.

You are a consumer yes. But here's an analogy: If you wouldn't buy the logic while car shopping, you shouldn't buy it while diamond shopping. Why do you buy a Toyota? You are a consumer after all, and if you never plan to resell the car and are one of those people who keeps it forever, why not go with some no name brand car like a Yugo? After all, why pay more for a car that retains it's value for resale if you are never going to resell it. I'll tell you why. Because the resale value retention if a SIDE EFFECT of the reason you buy a Toyota: You buy a Toyota because it has a proven track record of quality and reliability. That' RESULTS in good resale value, yes. But that's not why you by the brand. You buy it because you want quality and reliability. SAME THING WITH The GIA OR AGS. YES, these stones to do sell for higher in after market values. BUT that's not the reason you buy diamonds with that lab report. You buy them because they are reliable: when they say a diamond is a G, it's a true G. When they say VS, they mean VS. When you are paying 6 or 7k you want to make sure that your money is purchasing the best quality it can. What you are buying therefore with the GIA and AGS is quality and reliability.

Tell me something. If a diamond cutter or broker could get the their diamond graded by GIA or IDL and get the same stats: G VS1 Ex cut 1.0 carats diamond from both-- WHY would they send it to IDL and sell it for 6K when they can send it to GIA and sell it for 10K?

Are they stupid? No. They send it to IDL because a one carat G VS1 from IDL means 1 carat K SI1 from GIA. And the IDL certificate sells for more than the true GIA stats to ignorant customers by shady jewelers.

This guy is telling you lies. He is BEYOND shady . RUN, do not walk, away from this store.

To make it easy for you: If it's not GIA or AGS or EGL USA it is POS. (And many would say that even EGL USA has one foot in the POS door).

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
Love it, Gypsy! My curiosity will have to continue running wild about what the mysterious #7 post from "MotekDiamonds" said...

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
sonnyjane|1343427665|3241608 said:
Love it, Gypsy! My curiosity will have to continue running wild about what the mysterious #7 post from "MotekDiamonds" said...

Guess they deleted the Motek response...LOL...clicked just to see it...darn!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
If they deleted it, it was either:
1) Rude
2) Self Promoting

The vendor rules are very simple to follow.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results