shape
carat
color
clarity

Most Romantic Movie Scene

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LizzieC

Brilliant_Rock
Wow what a fantastic thread... I''m getting all flitty just thinking about these scenes!
5.gif

FireGoddess: Totally concur w/ the Serendipity proposal scene... the most perfect proposal EVER!

ellaila: I saw that Office episode for the first time last night... omg SO good!

My contributions:

For awhile I was obsessed w/ Meg Ryan chick flicks... and here are two of my fave moments:

In You''ve Got Mail, when Kathleen and Joe are outside on the street, and she''s about to leave to go meet her mystery love.. and he says:

Joe : You know, sometimes I wonder...
Kathleen: What?
Joe Well... if i hadn''t been "Fox Books" and you hadn''t been "The Shop Around the Corner," and you and I had just met...
Kathleen: I know.
Joe: Yeah, yeah. I would''ve asked for your number. And I wouldn''t have been able to wait 24 hours before calling you up and saying, Hey, how about... oh, how about some coffee, or drinks, or dinner, or a movie... for as long as we both shall live?

OMG, I totally melt, every single time!!!
9.gif

In Sleepless in Seattle, when Sam, Annie, & Jonah are at the top of the Empire State Building, and Sam says "We better go" and Annie thinks he means him and Jonah, but then he reaches for her hand and says "Shall we?"

OMG! I love it!
36.gif

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2006 5:14:20 PM
Author: LizzieC
Wow what a fantastic thread... I''m getting all flitty just thinking about these scenes!
5.gif

Mmmm, me too.
30.gif
All of the scenes that I can think of off of the top of my head have already been covered though.

And YES, I did notice the ring in The Notebook. I''m having some problems finding good pictures of it here online, but here are some shots for those who didn''t see it:

(I had to majorly shrink them to get them under the size limit, but the original pics are here and here if you want a better view.)

Attachments

• TheNotebookRing.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 144

Starset

Shiny_Rock
It didn't win Academy Awards - Fools Rush In with Salma Hayek and Matthew Perry (Chandler of Friends)
They meet she gets pregnant. He's white from the East Coast and she's Mexican and their families can't be different. Actually, Alex and Isabella couldn't be more different and their relationship crumbles. Alex is trying to convince Isabella that she is the one for him, he says

I was afraid that I had already met the woman of my dreams at the dry cleaner's or something and I was just to busy to notice. But now I'm here and I see that that's not true because.. it's you. Isabel Fuentes, you're the one!
You are everything I never knew I always wanted.
30.gif

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Kathryn Hepburn and Spencer Tracy in Pat and Mike and Adam''s Rib. I am such an old movie buff and love that pairing. My sister loves Bringing Up Baby.

My husband loves Serendipity and Say Anything. He is such a romantic guy and loves romantic movies, even more than I do!!!!

mightyred

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/7/2006 8:32:06 AM
Author: lizzyd
In It''s A Wonderful Life...when George Bailey (Jimmy Stewart) and Mary (Donna Reed) are both on the same extension talking to their friend, Sam Wainright. She''s Sam''s girlfriend but has always loved George. George is one day away from leaving town and fulfilling his dreams. But when they''re on the phone together, and their faces are so close, and he''s smelling her hair, then he''s overcome with emotion...

Also, in the new Pride and Prejudice, with Kiera Knightly, when Mr. Darcy declares his love and proposes (for the second time), and Lizzy Bennett finally comes around...

ahhhh....

love those scenes!

Best,
LizzyD
That scene in Pride & Prejudice is swoonworthy.....I swear it crushes me it is so romantic. I could watch that movie over and over, especially the final scene where Mr Darcy says "Mrs Darcy" and kisses her again and again.....sigh.....soooo romantic.

aussiegirl23

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, Thank, you Thank you for this thread!

My boy is out of town tonight and I''m home alone for the night (didn''t feel like going out with the girls) and all I wanted was to curl up with the pets and watch a good, romantic movie...

So a few of you mentioned "Love Actually" and I had forgotten it for awhile, but this is PERFECT for my slightly blue mood tonight -- somehow romantic movies make me feel better when he''s gone... not worse as for some.

I guess I''d throw my opinion in and say that the scene when Jamie (the writer) goes to the Aurelia''s restaurant and proposes to her in Portugese - certainly not his 1st language... It''s in front of the whole restaurant and he basically mangles it (really, really interesting subtitles go along with that one)....

Aussiegirl : p

RedRaider

Rough_Rock

"In You''ve Got Mail, when Kathleen and Joe are outside on the street, and she''s about to leave to go meet her mystery love.. and he says:

Joe Well... if i hadn''t been "Fox Books" and you hadn''t been "The Shop Around the Corner," and you and I had just met...
Joe: Yeah, yeah. I would''ve asked for your number. And I wouldn''t have been able to wait 24 hours before calling you up and saying, Hey, how about... oh, how about some coffee, or drinks, or dinner, or a movie... for as long as we both shall live?"

Ohhhh! I LOVE You''ve Got Mail! I actually just bought the soundtrack this evening. I cry at the end of that movie every single time. Once "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" starts, I just lose it.

Another favorite of mine is the movie "Love Affair" when Annette Benning and Warren Beatty are supposed to meet at the Empire State Building. There''s traffic, so she gets out of the car to walk, and she gets hit by a car. She doesn''t meet him because of the accident. Then, later at the end of the movie, he finally realizes why she didn''t meet him there. Ahhh... Tears!

~RedRaider

lizzyd

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/7/2006 11:44:17 PM
Author: RedRaider

''In You''ve Got Mail, when Kathleen and Joe are outside on the street, and she''s about to leave to go meet her mystery love.. and he says:

Joe Well... if i hadn''t been ''Fox Books'' and you hadn''t been ''The Shop Around the Corner,'' and you and I had just met...
Joe: Yeah, yeah. I would''ve asked for your number. And I wouldn''t have been able to wait 24 hours before calling you up and saying, Hey, how about... oh, how about some coffee, or drinks, or dinner, or a movie... for as long as we both shall live?''

Ohhhh! I LOVE You''ve Got Mail! I actually just bought the soundtrack this evening. I cry at the end of that movie every single time. Once ''Somewhere Over the Rainbow'' starts, I just lose it.

Another favorite of mine is the movie ''Love Affair'' when Annette Benning and Warren Beatty are supposed to meet at the Empire State Building. There''s traffic, so she gets out of the car to walk, and she gets hit by a car. She doesn''t meet him because of the accident. Then, later at the end of the movie, he finally realizes why she didn''t meet him there. Ahhh... Tears!

~RedRaider

Hey Red,

Did you realize that Love Affair is a remake of An Affair to Remember (with Cary Grant and ... Deborah Kerr perhaps?) which is the old movie ALL of the women talk about and cry to in Sleepless in Seattle. You''re very consistent, whether you realize it or not.
9.gif

Best,
LizzyD

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I'm sitting here with "Love Actually" on again. I have to add this part: When Juliette is getting married, and her husband's best friend arranged a choir and band to play "All You Need is Love" while they were going to exit the theater.
30.gif
This is the first date my fiance and I had gone on, and when that scene opened, I said, "I Want This for MY wedding". So, with 16 months until W-Day, this will be our exit song.
9.gif

ETA: I LOVE the Notebook. I read the book first, and luckily I couldn't remember the ending- who she chose, to be specific! But I cried like a baby during the book and the movie. I gave my FMIL both, and being a widow, she cherishes it- for it reminds her of their romance.

ocbride2007

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/7/2006 9:31:41 AM
Author: pinkflamingo
The scenes in Jane Eyre, when Jane saves Mr. Rochester''s life after the bed fire- she is trembling and says, ''I''m cold'' and Mr. Rochester says, ''cold?....yes...'' And then later in the garden when she is wandering, pacing and he asks her to marry him. I have seen all the Jane Eyres out there, but my favorite version is the 1996 version linky It is not exactly true to the story, but the characters work well.

Also, Gone with the Wind, when Rhett professes his love to Scarlett after they fled Atlanta on the road to Tara and kisses her passionately. And then leaves to join the army.

Clueless, when Cher figures out, ''I love Josh!!!!!!''

Love in the Afternoon with Audrey Hepburn and Gary Cooper, the whole movie, particularly the train scene at the end

Breakfast at Tiffany''s ending scene

Oh, I just love romantic chick flicks!!
Hands down, the one scene that gets me time and time again, and always makes me cry!! (and I don''t cry easily) From the moment she sees Cat in the crate, to the kiss in the rain then the credits roll - the most romantic moment on film IMO. I''m crazy about Tiffany''s!!!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2006 1:42:19 AM
Author: FireGoddess
HANDS DOWN.....the scene in Serendipity where Kate Beckinsale gets proposed to by the guy who played Aidan in SATC. She walks in this gorgeous house in the fall, the leaves rustle in, there are candles lit everywhere, and a huge, freaking ginormous box wrapped in front of her. She gleefully opens the box to find another smaller one, and another...and another...and another. Finally gets to a ring box, opens it, and it''s empty. She peers around the room and he pokes his head in and says, ''You have to say yes first'' and smiles at her. It doesn''t sound romantic but the scene is just GORGEOUS!! Love love love that movie.
face23.gif

~~I have two: One is the above scene in Serendipity, and the other is from "Diary of a Mad Black Woman." In the scene, Shemar Moore puts the ring on Kimberly Elise''s finger while she is asleep. When she wakes up, she goes to the bathroom to fix her hair, she sees the ring, and he walks in and gives the sweetest speech about how much he loves her, and he gets down on one knee and proposes to her. It was sooooo cute!! I loved it!!
30.gif
30.gif

pinkflamingo

Brilliant_Rock
how about the tango scene in scent of a woman? always leaves me breathless!

also agree with An Affair to remember, such a fab movie!! :)

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Omigod, Scent of a Woman! My favorite movie ever!!!!

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
I'll reaffirm (edited to...edit) three mentioned here, and add two or three more:

1) The scene with Donna Reed & Jimmy Stewart in it's a Wonderful Life, at the phone together, was sort of special.

2) The tango scene in Scent of a Woman...yes.

3) Love Actually...I've only ever seen parts of it, but yes...

4) How about...4 Weddings and a funeral? (oops, from 94 again...see #5 below). At least several parts...

5) An addition here, more a bit of lust, and brief at that...(and I note that for movies 5 & 6 for me, made in 94 and 93 respectively, both were made in the two years before my first born, hmmmm....) the movie is the Shawshank Redemption, possibly called by Ebert the best movie of all time, and the scene is early in the movie, when Tim Robbins arrives and we see his wife having an affar with another man.

6) A special addition. It caught my wife's attention, first, and made me almost jealous when she watches it. A sleeper. It's from a movie with Christian Slater and Marissa Tomei, it's called "Untamed Heart," but might be identified more easily in association with its working title: The Baboon Heart...the whole movie really, but also the scene where Slater is calling Marissa by her name several times...Caroline, Caroline.

P.S. Guess I better see the Notebook.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2006 1:38:32 AM
Author: diamondfan
Of course, now I am drawing a total blank...I like when Billy Crystal goes to find Meg Ryan at the New Year''s party to propose, but I would not say that it is the highest end on the romantic scale, I just like it.
When Harry met Sally. And, I do think this is romantic. I just LOVE that movie & THAT scene!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2006 10:41:45 AM
Author: Dani
Ohhh- what a fun poll!

So many of you posted a lot of my favorites, but I have to tell you, I am a HUGE John Cusack fan, so I would have to say my favorite romantic scene is from the movie ''Say Anything'' starring him and Ione Skye. The best part is when he holds up the radio to her window, blasting the song, ''In Your Eyes'' by Peter Gabriel, who is also one of my favorites....that scene brings tears to my eyes every time I see it, and believe me, I have seen that movie more times than I can count!
emwink.gif
OMG - another of my all time favorite scenes! I can''t believe someone else remembers this! I believe the movie was a remake - can''t remember the original.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2006 11:38:16 AM
Author: fire&ice

Date: 7/7/2006 1:38:32 AM
Author: diamondfan
Of course, now I am drawing a total blank...I like when Billy Crystal goes to find Meg Ryan at the New Year''s party to propose, but I would not say that it is the highest end on the romantic scale, I just like it.
When Harry met Sally. And, I do think this is romantic. I just LOVE that movie & THAT scene!

thanks! It is one of my all time favorites, first movie I saw with my now dh. the scene where she is ordering dinner on the double date is so funny, and that is me in a restaurant...I just want it how I want it! My dh says, I should have known you would be a bit high maintenance!!! (little did he know tee hee)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results