shape
carat
color
clarity

Most Romantic Movie Scene

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
What''s your favorite romantic scene or proposal in a movie?

Mine is from Walk the Line at the end where he proposes to her on stage. I melt everytime.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy,

I like that scene in Walk the Line too...just saw it for the first time last night.

I love the scene from West Side Story where Tony and Maria have a mock wedding and sing One Hand, One Heart.

Also I love the final scene in the cab and then in the rain from Breakfast at Tiffany''s.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Of course, now I am drawing a total blank...I like when Billy Crystal goes to find Meg Ryan at the New Year''s party to propose, but I would not say that it is the highest end on the romantic scale, I just like it. I am sure there are others that will come to me later! I liked the scene in Chasing Amy where Ben Affleck tells the girl Joey Lauren Adams that he really likes her...I saw it sooo long ago but remember liking that scene...off beat movie, but I liked it...

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
HANDS DOWN.....the scene in Serendipity where Kate Beckinsale gets proposed to by the guy who played Aidan in SATC. She walks in this gorgeous house in the fall, the leaves rustle in, there are candles lit everywhere, and a huge, freaking ginormous box wrapped in front of her. She gleefully opens the box to find another smaller one, and another...and another...and another. Finally gets to a ring box, opens it, and it's empty. She peers around the room and he pokes his head in and says, "You have to say yes first" and smiles at her. It doesn't sound romantic but the scene is just GORGEOUS!! Love love love that movie.
face23.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Isn''t she sooo gorgeous? Makes me sick. I just saw her in Click and she is stunning...

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
The Notebook!!!!!!! Especially the part from when they''re in a row boat, and then the rain scene:)

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
SNOOPER MY HERO...I loved that movie, and when she realizes she wants him and not the other guy...OMG. They are dating in real life, and boy did they have CHEMISTRY like I have rarely seen in a movie. All of their love scenes were amazing and passionate. I also loved Sweet Home Alabama, a bit fluffy but I loved it, and boy she had two hunks to chose from...I loved when she goes to find him at the beach and tells him he owes her a dance...too cute!

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Diamondfan, I never, EVER cry in movies, but this one made me sob like a baby!! Everytime I watch it, I cry. Sadly, I didn''t read the book prior, but I did after watching it!! It not only is a great movie, but did you see her ring? ROTF!!!!
31.gif

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For me it''s the scene in Titanic where Jack shows Rose how to fly.

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Although it''s not one particular scene, but in Superman 2 when Clark Kent reveals to Lois Lane who he really is and then proceeds to give up his powers just so he could be with her... ahhh... I love Christopher Reeve.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
I think the last part of "Sweet Home Alabama" when she goes looking for him on the beach in the thunderstorm....

lizzyd

Shiny_Rock
In It''s A Wonderful Life...when George Bailey (Jimmy Stewart) and Mary (Donna Reed) are both on the same extension talking to their friend, Sam Wainright. She''s Sam''s girlfriend but has always loved George. George is one day away from leaving town and fulfilling his dreams. But when they''re on the phone together, and their faces are so close, and he''s smelling her hair, then he''s overcome with emotion...

Also, in the new Pride and Prejudice, with Kiera Knightly, when Mr. Darcy declares his love and proposes (for the second time), and Lizzy Bennett finally comes around...

ahhhh....

love those scenes!

Best,
LizzyD

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmmm.........for me it''s the "pottery" scene in Ghost between Patrick Swazy and Demi Moore.

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
I have two: one from A Room with a View when Lucy and her companions are on a picnic in the Italian countryside, a lucious Italian takes her to find Mr. Beebe, only he leads her to George Emerson, who sees her, embraces and kisses her passionately.

The other is the famous row between Lizzie and Mr. Darcy when he asks her to marry him. I love the scene in both the lengthy version and the more recent Keira Knightly version.

pinkflamingo

Brilliant_Rock
The scenes in Jane Eyre, when Jane saves Mr. Rochester's life after the bed fire- she is trembling and says, "I'm cold" and Mr. Rochester says, "cold?....yes..." And then later in the garden when she is wandering, pacing and he asks her to marry him. I have seen all the Jane Eyres out there, but my favorite version is the 1996 version linky It is not exactly true to the story, but the characters work well.

Also, Gone with the Wind, when Rhett professes his love to Scarlett after they fled Atlanta on the road to Tara and kisses her passionately. And then leaves to join the army.

Clueless, when Cher figures out, "I love Josh!!!!!!"

Love in the Afternoon with Audrey Hepburn and Gary Cooper, the whole movie, particularly the train scene at the end

Breakfast at Tiffany's ending scene

Oh, I just love romantic chick flicks!!

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
It''s not a movie so I''m bending the rules a bit here, but after seeing it again last night, I have to say that the scene in "The Office" finale where Jim tells Pam he loves her and then goes in and kisses her later when she''s telling her Mom that she loves him too ... JUST THE BEST!!!
1.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Ohhh- what a fun poll!

So many of you posted a lot of my favorites, but I have to tell you, I am a HUGE John Cusack fan, so I would have to say my favorite romantic scene is from the movie "Say Anything" starring him and Ione Skye. The best part is when he holds up the radio to her window, blasting the song, "In Your Eyes" by Peter Gabriel, who is also one of my favorites....that scene brings tears to my eyes every time I see it, and believe me, I have seen that movie more times than I can count!
emwink.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Well, it''s not a proposal, but I love the scene in "Love Actually" when the best friend of the guy who just married Keira Knightly (Sorry, I can''t remember anyone''s name, even though I''ve seen it a million times!) goes to their door, and when Keira is standing there (Her name is Juliette! Ha-HA just remembered!) he has these cards up basically telling her that (I love these words) "his ruined heart will love her forever". And I just died. I love that part. I also love the part in 50 First Dates (totally unrealistic movie, I know) when Adam Sandler goes back to Drew Barrymore after he goes off to explore Alaska, because she didn''t want him to feel in debt to her, and her lost memory. So he goes back, finds her and she says she doesn''t know who he is, but she dreams about him every night. *sigh* I love it.
1.gif

Starset

Shiny_Rock
Okay, sooo not a romantic movie, but I really liked the scene in the end of Bruce Almighty when Bruce (Jim Carey) gets hit by a car and ascends into heaven where he again meets God (Morgan Freeman) and he realizes his failure and inadequacy, and finds that he has made a mess of the world. He can't even win his girlfriend back.
He turns to God and tells Him: "You win, I'm done. I let you decide what's right for me. I surrender to your will."
When asked whether he wants his girlfriend back, he tells God

No. I want her to be happy, no matter what that means. I want her to find someone who will treat her with all the love she deserved from me. I want her to meet someone who will see her always as I do now, through Your eyes.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2006 3:02:14 AM
Author: Snooper
Diamondfan, I never, EVER cry in movies, but this one made me sob like a baby!! Everytime I watch it, I cry. Sadly, I didn''t read the book prior, but I did after watching it!! It not only is a great movie, but did you see her ring? ROTF!!!!
31.gif
no, is it from the movie? I think she was engaged to a rich guy in the film, but goes back to Ryan Gosling after she sees that he HAS bought that house and fixed it. I am not a HUGE Sparks fan, and while the book was fine, I honestly think it was their chemistry that just got me going, because it might not have been as emotional with two other actors. Somehow, with them, I just FELT it, and it worked.

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Love Actually when he learns Portugese and goes to the restaurant where she works and the whole town follows...and then she says "Yes...that..would be nice!"

pinkflamingo

Brilliant_Rock
Oh one more---

Moonstruck with Nicolage Cage and Cher- when he sweeps her off his feet and into his bedroom with the opera music in the background. Best. scene. ever.

widget

Ideal_Rock
What a great thread!!

LOL...I''d forgotten how much I love "moonstruck"...especailly the scene where he says ''I love you'', and she slaps him and says: ''Get over it!!!'' LOL

''Love actually''...I loved ALL the love stories in it...especially the little kid''s crush..

''The Notebook"....the passion of young love, and the depth of mature love...simply the best.

Corny, I suppose, but the last scene of Debra Winger being carried out of the paper factory by Richard Gere in ''Officer and a Gentleman'' always gets me...

widget

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
I love the scene in Thomas Crown Affiar where Rene Russo jumps out of the car because she can''t stand feeling vulnerable... Pierce Brosnan''s character chases her and tells her he feels the same way. He just wanted to know if she really loved him, too.

(SIGH!!!!)

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/7/2006 11:20:04 AM
Author: Starset
Okay, sooo not a romantic movie, but I really liked the scene in the end of Bruce Almighty when Bruce (Jim Carey) gets hit by a car and ascends into heaven where he again meets God (Morgan Freeman) and he realizes his failure and inadequacy, and finds that he has made a mess of the world. He can''t even win his girlfriend back.
He turns to God and tells Him: ''You win, I''m done. I let you decide what''s right for me. I surrender to your will.''
When asked whether he wants his girlfriend back, he tells God

No. I want her to be happy, no matter what that means. I want her to find someone who will treat her with all the love she deserved from me. I want her to meet someone who will see her always as I do now, through Your eyes.
That IS the best scene ever! So many parts of that movie made me tear up -- and to think, it was a comedy!

E B

Ideal_Rock
I love the scene in Moulin Rouge (one of my favorite movies) where Christian and Satine are backstage, and that night, Satine is to sleep with the Duke. Christian silently begs her not to, and she whispers in his ear a line from the song that they wrote about their unconditional love:

"Come what may."

I'm such a cheeseball.

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/7/2006 11:09:55 AM
Author: AmberWaves
Well, it''s not a proposal, but I love the scene in ''Love Actually'' when the best friend of the guy who just married Keira Knightly (Sorry, I can''t remember anyone''s name, even though I''ve seen it a million times!) goes to their door, and when Keira is standing there (Her name is Juliette! Ha-HA just remembered!) he has these cards up basically telling her that (I love these words) ''his ruined heart will love her forever''. And I just died. I love that part. I also love the part in 50 First Dates (totally unrealistic movie, I know) when Adam Sandler goes back to Drew Barrymore after he goes off to explore Alaska, because she didn''t want him to feel in debt to her, and her lost memory. So he goes back, finds her and she says she doesn''t know who he is, but she dreams about him every night. *sigh* I love it.
1.gif
Good choice and scene! That''s my 2nd favorite romantic scene! I almost cried there too! And as Widget says, the kid romance was adorable!!

SanDiegoLady, Thank you for verifying that I wasn''t going nuts about the ring in the Notebook!!
32.gif
Diamondfan, after the girl gets engaged, you get a few glimps of what looks like a large rock
18.gif

Apsara

Shiny_Rock
Bram Stoker's Dracula when he finda Mina in the doctor's house. She's in his arms, and he is about to bite her but pulls back in agony and whispers, "I love you too much to condemn you."

Also earlier in the movie, when he "runs into" Mina on the London street and they duck inot the movie house. She is wooed by his charms/powers and he holds her and says, "I have crossed oceans of time just to find you." CHILLS!

Same movie, at the very end, when she drives the sword through his heart, freeing him from damnation, and as this hauntingly angelic music (hymn-like) plays, she gazes up at the castle ruins to the painting of Vlad and his bride on the ceiling.

I loved this movie and thought it did not get the acclaim it deserved.

I also vote for the Rhett/Scarlett/Road to Tara "Kiss me, Scarlett...Kiss me...Once..." scene. Believe it or not, a guy used this line on me in college because he knew I LOVED that movie.
13.gif

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Ooo, the scene in Moulin Rouge where she sings out "Come What May" as he''s walking out of the theatre, and he realizes that she really does love him, and turns around and joins in the song and she sees she''s forgiven, and the third time he sings ''come what may'' and he hits that note!!
30.gif
SHIVERS!! Thank you, O Land of My Ancestors, for producing Ewan MacGregor!

I also like the new Pride and Prejudice scene where he helps her into the carriage, and as he walks away, you see his hand flex in response to that tiny touch...

And the scene in The Count of Monte Cristo at the beginning when he gives her the ring of string, and then later when she shows him she never took it off...

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/7/2006 3:35:30 PM
Author: Galateia
Ooo, the scene in Moulin Rouge where she sings out ''Come What May'' as he''s walking out of the theatre, and he realizes that she really does love him, and turns around and joins in the song and she sees she''s forgiven, and the third time he sings ''come what may'' and he hits that note!!
30.gif
SHIVERS!! Thank you, O Land of My Ancestors, for producing Ewan MacGregor!

AMEN! I love, love LOVE Ewan McGregor. I could watch Moulin Rouge (or him in any movie, really) every day.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results