shape
carat
color
clarity

most popular size

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 8/5/2002 5:09:23 PM

. You can pick a badly cut (deep) 3 carat which is smaller in diameter than 2.5 carat or even 2 carat stone.

Regarding deeper stones. This is very true - as is the reverse. I was offered a 3 carat stone (8K - on the secondary market) - fairly white stone but the stone was HUGE diameter wise ....way too shallow Huge table w/ absolutely no life. Personally I would rather have a deeper cut stone in the 61-62%. I just must like the look. Experts may cringe - but the customer is always right! I continuously picked stones w/ this depth. Maybe the angles were right on these - who knows. But, I was willing to sacrifice a few nano millimeters. I just don't think my eye could tell the difference between 9.25 & 9.3. It is important though to pay attention to mm size.

mbn

Shiny_Rock
I see 3 carat CZ ring from JCPenny, and it looks very nice, no way can you tell next to real diamond ring. This is an option for someone who wants big stone without the big bucks!

wndrful

Rough_Rock
Fire&Ice

Whats a secondary market?

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 8/6/2002 1:10:55 PM

Fire&Ice

Whats a secondary market?
----------------

In a nutshell, USED. Occasionally individuals or estates will sell the rings/stones either directly to an individual or to an estate jeweler or jewelry store for quick liquidation. You can luck out if your in certain circuts- but for the most part the stones are not the best. You may be able to find a decent european cut stone - but the cut is different than an Am brilliant. Personally, I like them. It is difficult to find a sizable stone that is a quality stone also.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results