shape
carat
color
clarity

Most of my mom''s jewelry was stolen!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sad but true. We've had a ton of robberies around here lately. Their garage door was broken so it was left open. I think my dad left to do some errands and left the back door unlocked. Probably an inside job as they went right to her jewelry. Nothing else was taken. They even took some of her costume jewelry. She's very sad, in a bad place right now with health issues. My heart is breaking for her. I am planning to find something extra blingy for her and will send it to her for Christmas. They leave this week for the winter. I will keep an eye out on their house while they are gone. Just a reminder to keep your doors locked, this is prime time for robberies. Lisa

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I''m so sorry, that''s sad. You''ll have to show us what you pick for her!

*M*

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lisa, that is just terrible!!! I hope the thieves are caught and punished and that your mom gets all of her pieces back.
38.gif

lili

Ideal_Rock
Oh Kaleigh,

I''m so very sorry to hear that your mom is going through this on top of everything else.
I''m so glad that they were not home when the robbery occurred. Heaven forbids what they
would have done.

I hope you are able to find something to cheer your mom up.
Good Luck and Best Wishes.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
I should also mention, check the local pawn shops in your area. My engagement ring was stolen the day DH was going to give it to me, and he had to find it himself even though he called the cops. Pawn shops have a policy that they have to keep all new items in the back and not sell them for a certain number of days. Granted, DH had to go to EVERY pawn shop in the area, but he found the ring, so if someone is willing to do the dirty work then it''s possible you could find them unless they were selling the jewelry outright.

*M*

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Oh Lisa I am so sorry to hear this! What a thing to happen right here at the holidays and I know your mother hasn''t been well. I am just glad no one got hurt!

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry. Jewelry is so "personal," and I''m sure she feels really violated right now. I would! Thank goodness she wasn''t there at the time and possibly hurt.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is terrible, Lisa!!! It reminds me I should probably hide mine a little better than I do.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is so horrible, just only better if you did not meet up the scumbags. This time of year it is so bad. Kaleigh and I live in a really safe area but even still, one cannot be too careful. Today near Villanova there was a guy running around shooting at cops and civilians, they are still looking for him...what a nightmare. Always have your eyes and ears open...Kaleigh, I am so sorry for your mom and dad, this is the last thing they needed. (or anyone for that matter)

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
This happened to my family years ago and my mother''s jewelry collection has never really recovered. It was so upseting, I had many handmade items from my grandmother stolen and my poor mother had almost all of her diamonds taken. Its not even about the value of the items its about how much sentimental value we attach to them. I''m so sorry that your mother is going through this. It would be really sweet if you got her something for Christmas - I''ve bought my mom some jewelry over the years to try to fill back in some of her collection.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
rotten people!

So sorry to hear this.
That will be so nice to give her something
special for Christmas. hope she''ll love it!
2.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh lisa, i''m so sorry. that is just awful. I hope that they catch the guys and it''s very nice of you to think about getting her something sparkly for Christmas.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry to hear this - how terrible for your mom, and how horrible to feel the sanctity of her own home violated on top of it.
38.gif
I hope they catch those guys. Poptart gave good advice about the pawn shops - I didn''t know about keeping new stuff in the back and not for sale for a certain period of time.

I think it''s so sweet of you to get her something blingy for Christmas. I''m sure she will appreciate it so very much.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I am so very sorry that this happened.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aw Kaliegh, how awful. I can just imagine how sick she is.

That is so sweet of you to get her something blingy. And as others said, the pawn shops are a good idea, I really hope they pan out.

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Lisa, I am so sorry to hear this...I too was going to suggest pawn shops, but another place around here that one can sometimes find their stolen things are at flea markets, and these are popular up here especially near Christmas. I so hope they are able to find your mom''s "treasures" and you are so sweet with your consideration for her for Christmas!! HUGS and keep your chin up... how discouraging this would be!
emrose.gif

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry that totally sucks & right around the holidays which makes it even worse.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys
35.gif

It does suck, but after today with a gunman running loose I am thankful they weren''t hurt. These items can''t be replaced but maybe some of them can be recovered. All the recent robberies were jewelry related. Many people were completely wiped out of ALL their jewelry. My heart goes out to them as well. At least mom''s ering wasn''t taken and she still has some of the jewelry that Nanny gave her. I said when Nanny''s ring was stolen at the nursing home that was the bottom of the barrel. This somehow isn''t as bad, but pretty close. Now they can''t wait to get the heck out of here for the winter. Can''t say as I blame them.
15.gif

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How awful.
Give her a big hug for us.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m so sorry kaleigh
7.gif
I hope some of it can be recovered, how horrible that they think it might be an inside job
7.gif

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Aww. that''s too bad, your poor mom. Mys sister keeps most of her jewelry in her safety deposit box (and rotates pieces) which I always think sounds like a big pain, but when I hear of stuff like this, maybe it''s a good idea.

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Lisa...I''m so sorry to hear this! I''m glad no one was hurt. I once had a car stolen right out of our driveway...it sucks feeling like someone was watching...targeting you. I hope that some of the pieces can be recovered and that the jerks are caught soon.

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Kaleigh, I''m sorry about what happened to your mom and your dad. It''s a really terrible thing to go through, the loss of sentimental pieces and the feeling of violation in your own home. I think it''s sweet to send her something for Christmas; I wish them the best.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Oh Kaleigh, I am really really sorry to hear this happened, especially with the holidays coming up. Thank goodness that no one was in the house.

I do believe in karma and that the people who did this will get what''s coming to them when the time is right. No worries about that!

I wish you and your family peace, health and good fortune for the coming new year!!!
1.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i am so sorry to hear this. it is an awful feeling knowing that someone was in your home stealing your possessions
15.gif
at least no one was hurt. maybe some good christmas fortune will come and the jewelry will be found.

stay safe!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
that stinks :{
29.gif
29.gif

so sorry to hear that.

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Kaleigh

Do you have photos of the jewelry?

Post them here on PS, and maybe send copies to Dave Atlas. I think you''re in the Philly area, so he might be of help if they show up on Sansom St.

Were they insured?

Rockdoc

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/7/2006 12:41:02 AM
Author: RockDoc
Kaleigh

Do you have photos of the jewelry?

Post them here on PS, and maybe send copies to Dave Atlas. I think you're in the Philly area, so he might be of help if they show up on Sansom St.

Were they insured?

Rockdoc
Thanks Rockdoc, I was planning on hitting Sansom street soon. We don't have pics and the pieces weren't insured, but they are getting something from their home owners policy. I am getting a detailed list tomorrow and then going to hit Sansom Street once I have a chance. I would recognize her pieces in a nano second. Grew up adoring them. I bet it will be a needle in a haystack. The Police feel that this ring is run by a jeweler in NYC, but who knows. Worth a look anyways. I'll call Dave tomorrow, for any extra advice. So lucky to have him in my back yard so to speak. Thanks for chiming in, I really appreciate it!!!!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m sorry, Lisa, and sorry about her health issues as well. I hope her health issues are resolved so that she is well and that she is happy with the jewelry with which she replaces the lost pieces. I know it will never be the same, but maybe it will be good. I hope so.

Deb
34.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lisa I am so sorry this has happened. Sending out positive vibes that her precious jewellery can be recovered.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results