shape
carat
color
clarity

Most of my mom''s jewelry was stolen!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

crowmama

Shiny_Rock
Kaileigh, that is terrible! I''m glad that your folks weren''t at home, and nobody was hurt. Hopefully, some can be recovered through avenues others here have suggested.

Memories last, thank goodness, and those plus our dreams and love can''t be stolen. You''re very thoughtful to send her some new bling, and helping to create new memories to add to the old.

Good luck with tracking down the pieces.

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
I''m sorry to hear about the theft.

People are horrible.

At least some sparklies from you will help!

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Kaleigh- I am so sorry about this- I can only imagine how your mom feels, it''s such a feeling of violation to know that someone was in your home, and to lose fine things with such sentimental value.
I don''t know what the laws are in PA, but I know that in MD pawn shops are not allowed to sell things for 30 days after they have been turned in, in case they are stolen goods.

On a brighter note-
Have you thought about what you are going to buy your mom for Christmas?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Argh Kaleigh, I am SO sorry to hear this. I can''t even imagine how your mom must feel. To steal jewelry is so low...it''s not like stealing money that has no sentimental value attached to it.

Hugs to your mom and you.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys. I have the list of what was stolen, very sad to see that most of her best pieces were taken. Talked to Dave Atlas'' office and got some good advice and have a game plan of what I am going to do. I am not hopeful but will give it my best shot.
2.gif

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that just stinks. I am really sorry about what happened to your mom. Her story motivated me to go to my safe deposit box and put the things I don''t wear all the time away.

You are such a sweet daughter to buy her something nice for Christmas. I hope my girls grow up to be so thoughtful!

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
I am soooooo sorry, Kaleigh!!!!

39.gif

Those burglars... they are just horrible people. I hope they end up in jail and I hope your family recovers from this heartbreaking invasion of privacy. It must feel so violating. Hugs.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/7/2006 5:53:52 PM
Author: asscherisme
Wow, that just stinks. I am really sorry about what happened to your mom. Her story motivated me to go to my safe deposit box and put the things I don''t wear all the time away.

You are such a sweet daughter to buy her something nice for Christmas. I hope my girls grow up to be so thoughtful!
Oh, thanks!!! I did the same thing this morning. Not taking any chances. Since she lost many of her gorgeous pins, I am buying her a new one. Hopefully it will bring a smile to her face. She need it big time, she lost a dear friend to cancer today.... We knew it was coming, but still are very sad. Kind of puts everything into perspective.

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
oh kaleigh! i''m so sorry to hear about it. it''s just ridiculous how people do hurtful things like this to other people during the holidays even!
38.gif
seriously, how do these people sleep at night??

i hope you guys can recover some of her pieces.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Really, really sorry to hear it. How awful!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
So sorry to hear this K. Sometimes the people in this world are just terrible. It must be difficult for your mother right now especially with the loss of a friend. I''ll keep you guys in my thoughts.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I am so sorry this happened...I really hope that the jewelry will turn up.
12.gif

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why does there have to be "people" like that? I am so sorry this happened. Are there any pictures of the stolen items? If so, give copies to the police and all the stores on Jewelers Row. It 's a good idea to check pawnshops, although everything might have been fenced out of state. Your parents should also file a police report if they haven't already done so, and give the police a list of everyone who has been the house.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Al, Milly, Miranda, Bling and MB. The police report has been filed. No pics, but was given a detailed list of everything that was taken and am dropping off a copy to Dave Atlas. Pawn shops are going to be my first priority, then will go to Jewelers row.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
OH, kaleigh, that is SO awful!!!
29.gif
First your Nana was a victim and now your Mom.
38.gif
I''m so sorry to hear this happened, and I hope that you are able to recover some of her jewellery.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Kaleigh- I am so so sorry! This is just awful!!!! If you need someone to keep an eye out on Sansom, let me know (I go there about every other day and have le camera phone to help investigate!)....

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Kaleigh, this is really upsetting and I feel terribly that something so violating happened to someone you love. I am relieved to hear that no one was hurt. Desperate people do desperate things and you have to fear people who have nothing to lose. At least she didn''t have a gun put to her head or something awful like that.

After reading this I''m thinking it might be a good idea to get a home safe. It''s a bit of a pain to run to the safety deposit box whenever you want to wear something special, so a home safe might be a good deterrent for the future. Your post has probably helped many of us to think about being more cautious with our valuables - thank you for that.

You''re such a good daughter to give your mom something special to help her get over the trauma. Please know my heart goes out to you both.

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so sorry Kaleigh...good luck in your search to recover your mom''s precious items and finding her a wonderful xmas present!

Emeraldfan

Shiny_Rock
So sorry to hear your mom''s jewelry was stolen. Getting her a new piece of jewelry is a wonderful idea and hope that you find her stolen pieces.

Best Wishes.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
So sorry to hear this, Lisa. Shame on those people that stole your mom''s things. That''s just terrible.

I hope everthing works out...sending good luck vibes to you and your mom....
emrainbow.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results