shape
carat
color
clarity

Most durable and best color gemstone for everyday pendant

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I''''m tyring to decide on a gemstone for a pendant. The stone will be subject to sea water/ chlorine, shampoos etc. Basically I will probably never take it off.

Seeing as I am not very good at color co-ordination, need help with suggestions for color of gemstone that will go all color clothes.

Thanks

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock

Hi Sparkles!

I love sapphires and they''re the hardest next to diamonds. Actually, so are rubies. I prefer sapphires because they come in almost any color of the rainbow!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Sapphires are very hard. I think a medium blue would go with lots of things.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
You know what also might be nice would be a pale pastel yellow or blue.

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
Keep in mind that, judging from the exposure conditions you describe, it will be the metal in the setting which will be degraded, not the stones...so you are more likely to loose the stone(s), not damage them, unless you have the jewelry checked regularly.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2007 1:20:34 PM
Author: DiamondExpert
Keep in mind that, judging from the exposure conditions you describe, it will be the metal in the setting which will be degraded, not the stones...so you are more likely to loose the stone(s), not damage them, unless you have the jewelry checked regularly.
Along these lines...with the type of wear you are describing I would suggest getting a hearty gemstone like a sapphire and putting it in a platinum setting to prevent wear and perhaps also in a bezel...but that might be overkill.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results