shape
carat
color
clarity

Morganite engagement ring

brtb

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I have a .60 carat cushion cut morganite that I am going to get set into a east/west full bezel engagement ring setting. I'm going to wear it with a small plain 14K white gold wedding band.

However, I also have a one carat channel set round diamond anniversary band. Should I wear that on my right hand? I think it's going to overpower the morganite ring.

The morganite is a beautiful pale pink color.

Thanks for any input!

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Can you post a photo of the morganite (maybe on your hand) and the band? I think it's going to depend how much 'finger real estate' you have and how many mms wide each of the rings are. I wear three 2mm rings stacked and I could probably add another one without my finger being too 'crowded' looking, and that would be a total of 8 mms!

brtb

Rough_Rock
Hi,

Sorry it took me a while to respond. Here is a picture of the loose morganite (.60 carats). I plan on having it set in a full bezel setting. However, I think the channel set band it too much with this ring and I think I'm going to go with the plain wedding band. So, with that being said can I wear the channel set band on my right hand?

Thanks!

Ring 003.JPG

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Sure, I would ! Your channel-set band is lovely :love: :love: :love:

I like wearing a band as a RH ring, actually I didn't wear one the other day
and I felt like something was missing all day long :lol:

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
I often wear bands on my right hand, especially if I am going to be using my right hand a lot and don't want to worry about damaging a stone that sticks up. I also discovered that bands (only) are the way to go when I'm wearing fitted leather gloves in the winter, but then I wear different types of rings on both hands all of the time.... (what's on my left hand at any given time becomes my "wedding ring" whether it looks like one or not) so maybe I'm not the one to ask. ;-)

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your morganite is going to make a stunning engagement ring!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful morganite. It will look great when bezeled.

brtb

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone. My DH and I have been married 13 years and we never went the traditional route of doing things. When we got engaged he couldn't afford an engagement ring and I really didn't want one. Then at one point a few years later bought a 1 1/2 carat three stone diamond ring that I wore with the channel set band, but deep down I knew it just wasn't me. Call me crazy, but it was too big and flashy and I was just trying to keep up with the Joneses. So, after doing a lot of research on gemstones and their metaphysical properties I decided on morganite. It's simple and understated and it's me.

With that being said, I'm definitely going to wear the channel set band on my right hand. A girl's gotta have a little bling! :D

Thanks!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results