shape
carat
color
clarity

...more Wine.......

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gemklctr

Shiny_Rock
Sharon, I had the 2002 Beaux Freres Pinot Noir last night and it lived up to its reputation. Don't know about the odd/even vintage thing. Where did you go in Hawaii? I'm going in 3 weeks.

Noobie, I've not been a big fan of Conundrum although I haven't tried the 2002. I found earlier vntages to be too off-dry for my taste. What did you like about the 2002?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/19/2006 9:28:19 AM
Author: GemKlctr
Sharon, I had the 2002 Beaux Freres Pinot Noir last night and it lived up to its reputation. Don''t know about the odd/even vintage thing. Where did you go in Hawaii? I''m going in 3 weeks.
HI:

Whoa I am green with envy!!! Good for you!! I ma serach a little harder for that bottle around town......

We were lately in Oahu, and we choose to return there, since we have not been to Hawaii, as a family. My husband and I have both been to Hawaii many times (Oahu, Maui, Big Island) seperately, but not together, so we decided to make it a "busy" family holiday. But for the recent construction in Wakiiki, really has not changed in twenty five years!! We stayed at the Sherraton Moana Surfrider and it was very nice. Packed to the rafters tho, like every other place in Oahu.
For future stays in Oahu, I have some other places in mind that are not that centrally located (avoid the noise and crowds, but still have the beachfront).

Which Island(s) will you visit?

cheers--Sharon

Gemklctr

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/19/2006 12:27:44 PM
Author: canuk-gal

Date: 7/19/2006 9:28:19 AM
Author: GemKlctr
Sharon, I had the 2002 Beaux Freres Pinot Noir last night and it lived up to its reputation. Don''t know about the odd/even vintage thing. Where did you go in Hawaii? I''m going in 3 weeks.
HI:

Whoa I am green with envy!!! Good for you!! I ma serach a little harder for that bottle around town......

We were lately in Oahu, and we choose to return there, since we have not been to Hawaii, as a family. My husband and I have both been to Hawaii many times (Oahu, Maui, Big Island) seperately, but not together, so we decided to make it a ''busy'' family holiday. But for the recent construction in Wakiiki, really has not changed in twenty five years!! We stayed at the Sherraton Moana Surfrider and it was very nice. Packed to the rafters tho, like every other place in Oahu.
For future stays in Oahu, I have some other places in mind that are not that centrally located (avoid the noise and crowds, but still have the beachfront).

Which Island(s) will you visit?

cheers--Sharon
Oahu initially at the Renaissance Ilikai on Waikiki, with a day trip to the Big Island for volcano watching, and then Maui at the Renaissance Wailea Resort. I haven''t been there for about 10 years and have never seen the Big Island, although I did also get to Kauai last time. Honolulu will be mobbed with lawyers while I''m there for the ABA Annual Meeting, but it was a good excuse to go.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Bump.

OKOK I know people are out there drinking wine....spill people spill...no pun intended.

With our Canadian Thanksgiving in a month or so, I wanted to get input for any new tasty whites folks have been drinking. Has anyone tried: Markus Moliter 2002 (Zeltinger Himmelreich Kabinett) Reisling? Or Paul Zinck Alsace Reisling 2004? Or the Pinnacle Sprarkling Brut 2000?

cheers--Sharon
emcocktl.gif

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
OK, OK

Some recent tastes:

1982 Opus One: Great mature wine with good structure
1990 Storybrook Mountain Zinfandel Reserve, my experiment at aging Zins, probably a few years past prime, but holding out OK
2003 Turley Zin: an over the top hot fruit bomb; a nice wine, but not my style
A few NZ white Sauvignons

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results