shape
carat
color
clarity

More problems with my Tacori ring....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kylie

Rough_Rock
This is a long story, sorry... I got my ring back from Tacori, I didn''t like the way it looked at all!! The "beading" used to hold the small diamonds in on the sides were HUGE. They were visible when looking at my ring from the front, when I put my wedding band next to the ring the beading touched the band before my ring did. Plus, one of my split prongs was polished so much it was no longer a "split" prong, instead just one prong. My jeweler told me they would could fix it or send it back out - well I decided I wanted Tacori to fix it. My jeweler called 4 days later and told me my ring was done, I asked them how they got it back so quick and they told me they fixed it. I was irritated that they did not listen to me.

I got the ring back and the prongs look pretty good, they redid all of them (one is just a little bit different than the other three but maybe I am being to picky here), my next problem is on one side of my wedding band the milligrain that is around the channel set stones is now smoother and and not "beaded" like it is on the other areas on my ring. The metal also looks much thinner around the stones on that side of my ring. I am too afraid to take it back to the jeweler, it seems like every time I take it back in something else is wrong when I get it back. I know that I am very picky but my ring was perfect before all of this. I am regretting having my ring sized now
sad.gif
I wish I would have NEVER done this.

I need advice, am I being too picky here? Should I be concerned about the channel set stones? Also I know this sounds crazy but my ring seems much whiter and has a "slicker" feel to it, could it be possible that the jeweler rhodium plated my ring? How can I tell? The ring it definatey seems very resistant to scratching (it was not before). Why would a jeweler Rodium plate a platinum ring? I liked the look of the platinum before, it added to the antique effect of my ring. Sorry for all the questions, I just feel sick about all of this
confused.gif

Kylie

Rough_Rock
Here is my first message on my Tacori ring.
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/got-my-tacori-ring-back-from-being-sized-and-2-diamonds-were-missing.19874/

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
I don't think you are being too picky. You simply want it to look like it did before they messed it up. Seems pretty reasonable to me!

Good luck with this, and I'm sorry it's turned into such an ordeal!
nono.gif

Kylie

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your input Dave. I told the jeweler this time that I was not worried about how long it took I just wanted it done right. I was too worried about the ring to be in a rush to get it back. I actually do have a picture, I forgot about it!! We had to take pictures for insurance purposes. It is thinner, plus I just asked a few of my friends if they thought any area on my ring looked thinner and they all picked the same spot!

Dave, can I ask why rhodium plating is used on platinum?

Well put quaeritur, that is exactly what I want! My ring to look like it did before. I feel like I am settling
8.gif
, my husband paid alot of money for my rings so I don't think I am asking to much. They were perfect before.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Id make the jeweler completely replace it and have Tacori send it in your size. I thought Tacori had them automatically made to your size. Otherise, Id demand my money back and go elsewhere.

I think it was a bad move on the jewelers part to do anything to this himself.

Kylie

Rough_Rock
maybe I prefer the patina also
21.gif
Okay, well I have an update - I have to say I am EXTREMELY impressed with Tacori!!! I have been emailing the company back and forth since all of this began. I emailed yesterday with everything I posted in my message here. All of my concerns. They emailed me back and first off said they would like to apologize for the problems I am having with my ring and they want me to send my rings back to them, they offered to make me brand new rings (using my current diamonds), I am so happy now!! That is OUTSTANDING customer service.
9.gif

laney

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Kylie,

I was the nervous one who posted on your first thread. I did finally get my Tacori and it is beautiful and perfect.

I'm so sorry you are still having issues with your local jeweler. I agree w/the photo comparison above - that certainly will help demonstrate what your issues are. I would assume that they can replace the milgrain.. that I think you are refering to -- but...

Why not try to e-mail tacori directly? Explain your issues, what happened, how the local jeweler responded - and a picture of "before" and "after". Maybe if someone there sees their work - and what it looks like now - you'll have an ally to help you fix it. Usually when some sees "their work" and how it's been changed - they'll be on your side.

Then see what options you have to resolve it. I too - would be wary of approaching the local jeweler then - even if it's only that there was a misunderstaning of "please send it back to tacori, I will wait" and they interpreted it as "fix it as fast as possible". I'm sure they were working in your best interest, but apparently missed your point.

I hope things work out for you!

laney

Brilliant_Rock
Oops!

I guess you did that already!!!!

Good to hear!

Diamond Angel

Rough_Rock
appl.gif
yaaaaaay...i am glad you are happy

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
We're glad to hear that Tacori is taking care of the problem for you Kaylie. We have found them to be a company of excellent customer service with a willingness to make things right when mistakes happen. Every company is capable of making a mistake and sometimes that mistake is made on their behalf by a jeweler who decides to work on a piece which they should not work on because of the way a piece is designed. For instance, we would never attempt to size a Tacori ring because it is an invitation for trouble... The true measure of a company is how they choose to resolve a problem on behalf of a client when those unfortunate instances occur and we're happy to hear of yet another credit to Tacori's great reputation! Thanks for sharing and updating your post to reflect the current situation
2.gif

ninasstar

Rough_Rock
I'm so happy to hear that Tacori is resolving the problem for you. I find it wonderful (and very comforting) that they agreed to make you a new ring....that's totally what should happen in this case.

Your post made me very nervous, too....as I had a tacori eternity set on order....just received my tacori rings on Friday, and they are gorgeous.

Enjoy your new rings.

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
I'm all about good service, especially when one is spending lots of their hard earned dollars on a product. I'm glad you posted the outcome. I don't foresee ever buying a Tacori, but hopefully for others considering it, your story will help them.

Glad it all worked out for you. Please post pics when you receive your new ring.

~kmom
wavey.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results