shape
carat
color
clarity

More pictures of Oval Halo and Pink Tourmaline

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nwonderland

Rough_Rock
Sorry everyone, I am really late on this. I have been traveling for work non-stop so this is my first chance to update. I know you guys wanted to see the profile and everything so here it is.

Oval Halo in Platinum:

n1drlandoval.jpg

nwonderland

Rough_Rock
Close up of the Oval:

n1drlandoval2.jpg

nwonderland

Rough_Rock
Ok, last one, close up of the profile:

n1drlandovalprofile2.jpg

nwonderland

Rough_Rock
Pink Tourmaline in Platinum split shank setting (used to be my e-ring setting but changed since the divorce):

n1drlandpinkhand.jpg

nwonderland

Rough_Rock
Profile shot of the pink ring:

n1drlandpinkprofile.jpg

nwonderland

Rough_Rock
Side of the pink ring:

n1drlandpinksideprofile.jpg

nwonderland

Rough_Rock
Ok, last one of the pink, close up:

n1drlandpink.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous rings! I love the Oval Halo, wowwe!!!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey! your ring looks kinda familiar...

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Love ovals--thanks for sharing!

cheers--Sharon

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful rings, I love them both
30.gif
!

halolover

Rough_Rock
OMG the oval is gorgeous. I LOVE the profile view. Thanks for linking me to this thread. Is this from Whiteflash? Did you customize this at all? The profile looks so much better than the normal WF halo bezel. I totally want to do the same with my RB. Also, did i understand that the melee is in a bead setting (versus the pave in the Danhov collection), is there much difference in the way it looks? like more metal showing? i had my mind set on pave but this looks AMAZING.. i love your ring

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
LOVE both of them, the profile on the oval setting is fabulous and the detail on your pink Tourmaline ring is wonderful! They are both gorgeous!!!!!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the oval and setting. The tourmaline is gorgeous too!

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
both of these rings are gorgeous! Did you have a princess stone in the split shank before as well?
Also what''s the story with that gorgeous oval?? Was it a gift to yourself? How big is that, it looks huge..
I love it! MAn I wish halo''s had been popular back when I got engaged (2002) I would have been allover that.. There is still the right hand...hehhe
31.gif

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
oh, and the tourmaline''s setting is so exquisite! I love all of the detailing on it. Where did you get it??
Sorry so many questions, but hey when you have such nice pieces be prepared! lol

halolover

Rough_Rock
One more question (ok fine 2 more), what is the width of the shank? and the center stone size? I will be using a 1.7c RB and i want to make sure the shank isnt too wide. I saw someone else''s ring with a 2.5mm shank and it looked thicker and the 2carat diamond didnt look that big with that shank size. Your Oval looks HUGE and perfect with your shank. Thanks!!!

nwonderland

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/9/2007 5:03:00 PM
Author: halolover
One more question (ok fine 2 more), what is the width of the shank? and the center stone size? I will be using a 1.7c RB and i want to make sure the shank isnt too wide. I saw someone else''s ring with a 2.5mm shank and it looked thicker and the 2carat diamond didnt look that big with that shank size. Your Oval looks HUGE and perfect with your shank. Thanks!!!

Hi Halolover,

I have never seen your whiteflash ring that you are referring to. My ring was 100% customized and designed by my jeweler and myself. The melee is paved. I believe mine is at a 1mm or 1.5 shank. I have small fingers, not even a 5, so it helps to make the diamond bigger. I hope this helps. And thanks for the compliments :)

nwonderland

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/9/2007 3:42:02 PM
Author: Sophie
both of these rings are gorgeous! Did you have a princess stone in the split shank before as well?

Also what''s the story with that gorgeous oval?? Was it a gift to yourself? How big is that, it looks huge..

I love it! MAn I wish halo''s had been popular back when I got engaged (2002) I would have been allover that.. There is still the right hand...hehhe
31.gif

Hi Sophie,

Thank you so much for the compliments. The original stone in the split shank was a princess cut diamond. It used to be an engagement ring. Unfortunately, my soon to be ex and I didn''t make it, so I had the diamond traded in for the oval (completely different and no resemblance at all is best) and had pink tourmaline put in in its place. Since I couldn''t get money for the original stone (princes)I got the oval, a higher quality at about the same size and made a completely new right hand ring. More or less a gift to myself, but also, it is about taking something old and making it new so that I can make new memories. The split shank setting was one of only two made my old jeweler in Kansas City. I have never seen another one like it. It has filigree running down the sides with .4 carats of diamonds on the platinum setting. HTH!

nwonderland

Rough_Rock
The tourmaline is from my diamond broker/jeweler in Scottsdale, AZ. I highly recommend him. His name is Scott Berger at Addison Taylor Fine Jewelers. He has a 100% purchase price upgrade policy as well. Just FYI. Unfortunately, he only sells stones by referral, so let me know if you want my IRL name.

nwonderland

Rough_Rock
Just in case, here is the link to my original post back in June:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/newbie-and-oval-halo.64059/

The specs for the oval are in there.

halolover

Rough_Rock
nwonderland,

What is the size of your band in mm? Also, what point diamonds are in the band? I am having the ring custom made so I am debating between 1.8 or 2mm band with 2 pointer diamonds. My center is a 1.7 ct RB and i dont want the band to be too think. i want it to look delicate. Any thoughts on this? I love the band/center proportion on yours!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results