carat
color
clarity

MORE PICS!! Costco 1.45 ctw Huggies

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi PSers,

My huggies arrives today, and I was so excited to use my 60 x 12mm loupe (with built in flashlight) and my new ideal scope.

My assessment: I louped it with my 60x12mm with built in flashlight and found most of the stones to be very clean. I louped all the stones. On some, I saw one or two pinpoints. I think I saw some feathers among them, and some I didn't see anything at all. But I'm no expert so I'm not absolutely sure. I did not see a single dark inclusion.

I used my ideal scope, which I am very new to, and took some pictures. The cut looks decent enough to me. I attached this to the light source with a glue dot, and the metal of the huggie curves below, so that could explain some of the more leaky looking parts under the table.

They are very sparkly. My mom, who is very color sensitive, thought they were not at all yellow (although she did think my WF I VS2 studs, which I returned, were yellow.)

Here are some more pics.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

_911.jpeg

_912.jpeg

_916.jpeg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

_913.jpeg

_914.jpeg

_915.jpeg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

_917.jpeg

Q

Queenie60

They're beautiful and look great on your ears. Thank you for sharing these lovely earrings. :wavey:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are so beautiful!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love them LLJsmom and they are a great gift for your darling mom! :appl:

alamana

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous! Thanks for the pictures!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so glad you finally pulled the trigger on some huggies! :appl: Are these huggies for you or your mother? What do you think of the 4 prong style?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
m-2-b|1448721211|3954920 said:
I'm so glad you finally pulled the trigger on some huggies! :appl: Are these huggies for you or your mother? What do you think of the 4 prong style?

Thanks m-2-b. They are for my mom. Personally, I prefer a shared prong look. However, the four prong gives the whole outline of the huggie a sleeker, straighter feel, albeit a little more metal. Some people may prefer that look. I don't think it takes away from the beauty of the earrings. I am very happy with the prong work. Quite delicate.

I looked at them again this morning. It's a stunning pair of earrings. I get a lot of multicolored flashes. Costco "I"? Ok. I'm impressed. You can't beat it for the price you are paying. $1800ish 1.45 ctw. Very nice diamonds. Not WF or BGD, but very very nice. I can't see a PSer complaining about these diamonds. Truly I can't. In 14k white gold. I think that helps keep the price down. If I wasn't allergic to white gold, even if these came in platinum even at a higher price point, I would probably get a pair for myself. I must say, I really like the 1.5ish ctw size. For daily wear, I would not go any larger.

Just a quick comparison.

WF 1.5ctw. $3950. Of course, I know that is WF, with their ACAs, which I am guessing would sparkle even more. But I gotta say, for the price I am paying, I happy enough with the sparkles I getting from these.

BN sells 2.0ctw for $3490. 0.83ctw for $2400 (F, VS2) I haven't had a good experience with their settings on stuff...

BGD 1.0ctw for $3895. AGain, of course BGD stones, which I am sure would sparkle more. But not enough that I would go smaller and pay twice as much.

ID Jewelry. I think someone else priced that out in the other thread. I think this is a better deal. Can't comment about the stones. I don't have anything from ID Jewelry.

Anyone else considering huggies price these out from other vendors?

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom, I think they're really beautiful! :love: I'd be thrilled to receive these, they're a fabulous gift for your mom!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, they look great!!! Your mum is going to be thrilled LLJ :love:

The settings look really nice! I think Costco jewellery is underrated - their stuff seems generally very nicely made, with nice stones, and their prices can be phenomenal - well, exhibit A in this thread :bigsmile:

That IS a great size for daily wear :sun: I remember DS posted a huggie size comparison at one point and I think she reached the same conclusion? Huggies are so much more blingy than studs - a thinner line, lower carat weight, still goes a long way! I like the four-prong look a lot - sleeker, and more linear, as you say - with bigger stones I'd probably start wanting a more scalloped look with shared prongs like you. And... I love that you pulled the IS out on 'em ::)

Costco is 80miles away now :(sad so we only make the trip every few months. Are you contemplating huggies in a different metal LLJ?

(Typing PS posts in the notepad app on my phone is always entertaining."Buggies are so much more clingy than studs"...)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie, you probably know this but you can order these online. Just saying. :cheeky:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1448725776|3954939 said:
Yssie, you probably know this but you can order these online. Just saying. :cheeky:

Hah. I need another pair of earrings like I need my credit card stolen!! And yet I'm inordinately, unreasonably tempted nonetheless :wall: The intersection of quality product and great deal isn't exactly common..

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie said:

Hah. I need another pair of earrings like I need my credit card stolen!! And yet I'm inordinately, unreasonably tempted nonetheless :wall:

I hear you lol. If it wasn't for the weight I too would be very tempted. I mean who couldn't wear and enjoy this lovely line of bling. :love:

LLJSmom, you don't happen to own a bling scale do you? :devil: :cheeky: :halo:

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the helpful and lovely pictures, LLJsmom! I hinted subtly to DH. So subtly that I suspect I may end up with those "buggies" instead, Yssie! (They really ARE more clingy than studs, you know...)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1448726172|3954941 said:
Yssie said:

Hah. I need another pair of earrings like I need my credit card stolen!! And yet I'm inordinately, unreasonably tempted nonetheless :wall:

I hear you lol. If it wasn't for the weight I too would be very tempted. I mean who couldn't wear and enjoy this lovely line of bling. :love:

You'll be sorry you asked Missy, b/c I do have a food scale. And I just weighed them. 2 grams per earring. Super light!! My mom, who is very weight sensitive, was absolutely fine with these. Now what??

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1448727957|3954955 said:
missy|1448726172|3954941 said:
Yssie said:

You'll be sorry you asked Missy, b/c I do have a food scale. And I just weighed them. 2 grams per earring. Super light!! My mom, who is very weight sensitive, was absolutely fine with these. Now what??

Omg you know me well LLJSmom and thank you for weighing them for me. I am sorry I asked lol. That is a great weight for the earlobes. Oh what to do what to do. :think:
I was holding out for bigger diamond hoops but have not yet been successful in finding hoops that are under my weight max requirement.

Might just hold off and add the extra $$$ to a pair of diamond Edwardian earrings or a pair of pear dangles. :love: I might be going to Lambertville tomorrow...decisions decisions :doh:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie|1448725601|3954938 said:
Wow, they look great!!! Your mum is going to be thrilled LLJ :love:

The settings look really nice! I think Costco jewellery is underrated - their stuff seems generally very nicely made, with nice stones, and their prices can be phenomenal - well, exhibit A in this thread :bigsmile:

That IS a great size for daily wear :sun: I remember DS posted a huggie size comparison at one point and I think she reached the same conclusion? Huggies are so much more blingy than studs - a thinner line, lower carat weight, still goes a long way! I like the four-prong look a lot - sleeker, and more linear, as you say - with bigger stones I'd probably start wanting a more scalloped look with shared prongs like you. And... I love that you pulled the IS out on 'em ::)

Costco is 80miles away now :(sad so we only make the trip every few months. Are you contemplating huggies in a different metal LLJ?

(Typing PS posts in the notepad app on my phone is always entertaining."Buggies are so much more clingy than studs"...)

Yssie, I was stalking DS's comparison thread, trying to figure out which WF huggie to get my mom. I was practically ordering them from WF when I saw wildcat's post on the sale at Costco. I would probably end up getting ones from WF cause I need them in platinum. If I wanted the 1.5ctw, it's about $4300 in platinum. So I am sure I cannot afford those. Maybe in a few years. I'll do 1.0.

My mom is super sensitive about everything, size, weight, color (of stone). And if she knew I did not get a great "deal", she would freak out about that too. I showed these to her, (b/c she needs full disclosure and I would need her personal approval) and she is satisfied that I met all of the above criteria, and is willing to accept these as a gift. :lol: I feel so lucky! And relieved!! It's her 70th, so it's a big deal. My only request to her is that she NOT let it sit in her drawer and that she would wear them with some regularity. She only wears necklaces and earrings on a regular basis. Not a ring girl.

Yssie, I gotta say girl, these are a great deal. But only if you would wear them... With your gorgeous studs, I would probably never take them off so maybe not if they will sit in a jewelry box.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a wonderful 70th birthday gift for your mom. And I am more like your mom. Love a great deal and I find huggies more wearable than studs (for me). I hope your mom has many decades of happiness and health while wearing these earrings. You are a wonderful daughter LLJSmom. :appl:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1448728609|3954962 said:
It's a wonderful 70th birthday gift for your mom. And I am more like your mom. Love a great deal and I find huggies more wearable than studs (for me). I hope your mom has many decades of happiness and health while wearing these earrings. You are a wonderful daughter LLJSmom. :appl:

Thank you Missy (((hug))). Miss you. Wish you lived next door, or I lived next door to you. Then my kids and I could visit your kitties all the time too.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1448728609|3954962 said:

+1. How wonderful!

cheers--Sharon

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful gift - so glad she loves them!! Lots of sparkle!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful hoops! The diamonds look fantastic! I think you got a great deal! :appl: Hope your Mom enjoys them! :dance:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So blingy! They are really pretty and look great on you!!! Perfect size!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow LLJsmom.. Those are AWESOME!!!!
Just the right size.. showy but just the perfect amount!!!!
Enjoy!! lOVE THEM

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
Love them and so glad you like them and think your mother will enjoy them!

I've been wearing them daily and I adore the size. Like missy, I am sensitive to the weight of earrings on my earlobe - so sensitive that I have a hard time with almost anything other than studs and these don't bother me!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE these huggies, and it's great that you got such a good deal on them :) Costco sometimes has fantastic deals, and their jewelry is surprisingly beautiful. :appl:

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Those are just lovely and such a thoughtful gift!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look beautiful. Your mom will love them.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results