shape
carat
color
clarity

More on my Canadian Diamond... should I return?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jmann

Rough_Rock
After reading more posts here on pricescope I realized that my AGS certification is the old format and does not include ''light performance''... I plugged the numbers into HCA and it recieved a 2.3

I''m considering returning the stone but would like some advice. Here are the details:

Canadian mined, D, VVS2, AGS000, .70ct
table: 53.9%
depth: 63.0%
crown angle: 35.6%
crown height: 16.7%
pavillion angle: 40.7%
pavillion depth: 42.9%
girdle: faceted 0.9% to 1.8%
culet: pointed
price: $5370

Would this still receive an AGS0 under the new format? Should I consider returning it?

Thanks for the help!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It might.

2.3 is not a bad HCA score.

Did you see it under Ideal Scope?

Have you seen anything nicer?

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2007 9:48:11 PM
Author:jmann
After reading more posts here on pricescope I realized that my AGS certification is the old format and does not include ''light performance''... I plugged the numbers into HCA and it recieved a 2.3

I''m considering returning the stone but would like some advice. Here are the details:

Canadian mined, D, VVS2, AGS000, .70ct
table: 53.9%
depth: 63.0%
crown angle: 35.6%
crown height: 16.7%
pavillion angle: 40.7%
pavillion depth: 42.9%
girdle: faceted 0.9% to 1.8%
culet: pointed
price: $5370

Would this still receive an AGS0 under the new format? Should I consider returning it?

Thanks for the help!

You could have it submitted to AGS for an updated report or take it to someone with the PGS software.

Rockdoc

jmann

Rough_Rock
How would I find somebody with the PGS software? Thanks!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Why the extremely high color/clarity?? You could save a ton of money or go bigger with basically the same appearance.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
63% is a little deep. What is the diameter of the stone? At .70, it should be at least 5.7mm or it is appearing smaller than it should. And I wouldn''t pay that price unless the stone is perfect in every respect, personally.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
an AGS appraiser.

jmann

Rough_Rock
kcourselle- I don''t want a big stone but rather something that I feel is high quality and special.

diamondseeker- the diameter is 5.68... I also thought 63 was a bit deep (with my very limited knowledge).

julien- thanks.

Larissa

Shiny_Rock
Are you sure that she wants something "high quality and special" as compared to a larger stone?

I know everyone is different, but at the time I though 1/2 carat would do me forever. Now I wish I''d gone down a bit on the high quality and gotten a larger stone.

If you''re not sure that this is the stone then I''d continue shopping. However, if you''ve seen it and it''s beautiful (not just the numbers are right, but the stone is truly beautiful) then there''s no reason to return it for not having light performance on the certification or receiving a 2.3 on HCA.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results