shape
carat
color
clarity

More newbie advice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

anothernewbie

Rough_Rock
I have been reading this forum and cruising diamond websites (abazias, gog, dirtcheapdiamonds, etc...) for several weeks looking for the right stone. Some days I think I''m going cross-eyed. I''m looking for a little input on a stone. I know not everyone here is a fan of BN, but this stone scored a 1.1 ex,ex,ex,vg on the HCA. I''m looking for some opinions on the stone and some advice as to what additional information to ask for, other than if it''s eye clean. I''d also appreciate other links to similar sized/graded stones. Thanks in advance.

Diamond Link

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
The stone looks good to me. If you're calling to ask if it's eye clean, you might want to ask why this stone didn't make the cut for their "signature ideal" collection. But I would expect that an AGS 0 and HCA 1.1 stone is probably a zinger.

I tried to find comparable stones in this size range to compare price, but I really couldn't. Blue Nile is known to be a bit more than some of the other online vendors, but they also have a bigger operation that provides peace of mind and a big customer service department.

It looks like a winner to me.
1.gif

Here's a stone that has been sold that might provide price comparison:
http://www.goodoldgold.com/1_32ct_g_si1_h%26a.htm

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
You might want to get magnified pics of the inclusions, if you can. Especially the feather that is near the edge. Make sure that doesn't break the surface. Price seems just a tad high.

Good Old Gold has a comparable 1.286 ct, G, SI1 available.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results