shape
carat
color
clarity

More LOGR settings with gemstones!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Finally finally finally my LOGR settings arrived after sitting in customs for about 100 years! (Ok slight exaggeration).

Anyway, without further ado here are the pictures!

Firstly, the double halo oval setting. I''m not thrilled with this. I didn''t pay to upgrade the diamonds but wish I had. The diamonds in this look more I grade than SI and although it sparkles under halogens (doesn''t everything!), in daylight the ring is flat and a bit grey looking. I may be being too harsh so I''m going to reserve judgement but I''m not going to have it set just at the moment. That''s the bad news over with though!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Profile:

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
However, the Tiffany Legacy esque setting also arrived! The diamonds are good. Probably a mixture of SI and I but they are white and sparkly. I hot footed it to my local jeweller and had my Umbalite Garnet (cut by John from GemRite) set into it.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it.

Here are the pics:

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hand shot:

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Profile:

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Side View:

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last one!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!!! I love it!!!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
emlove.gif
emlove.gif
emlove.gif

BEAUTIFUL!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
W
30.gif
W, that garnet looks stunning in its new home!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous and the garnet just pops with that setting!

With the garnet setting...did you pay for an upgrade in diamonds?

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your garnet looks wonderful in that setting!!!
36.gif
36.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The garnet is perfect in that setting! I love the cut and the raspberry royal color! YUM!
30.gif
I too wish I would have upgraded my diamonds in my LOGR setting, however, I get the feeling if I did so, there idea of VS diamonds might be different from my idea in VS diamonds.......
3.gif

amber_312

Shiny_Rock
I am like freaking out over your ring. SO REGAL and gorgeous!!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks so gorgeous in that setting! That Umbalite is just divine!!!!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely beautiful!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I think divine is definitely the perfect word. Beautiful!! Love the color against the white... :)

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOWZA!! Gorgeous ring and gorgeous stone!!
30.gif
I think the diamonds on the legacy are cleaner than the ones on the oval. They''re also bigger. That''s why I decided to cave in and get the legacy since I don''t have a stone for it yet (working on it). I think at $249 it''s a good value since the diamonds are bigger, the gold is chunkier, and even with SI stones, you probably don''t have to upgrade. I''m a bit concerned about the stones on the other settings he has though. There seems to be a lot of inconsistency. We''ll see. When I get my Legacy, I''ll post pics. I''m still waiting on it.
emotion-40.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for all your lovely comments. I''m in love with this ring and think it''s going to be one that gets lots and lots of wear!!!! I sent a photo to John (who cut the Umbalite) because I wanted him to see how lovely it looks. I''m really thrilled with how it''s turned out.

Jelly - no I didn''t upgrade the diamonds. They are the standard SI. In all honesty there are a number of I clarity diamonds in amongst them but overall it definitely looks better than the double halo ring. Cushioncutnut - Totally agree about their definition of SI and ours! I''m going to upgrade for all future settings but will expect SI rather than VS!!! You''ve described the Umbalite exactly as I see it as a raspberry colour! Amber - What a lovely description calling it regal. Regal raspberry! Sounds almost good enough to eat! TL - I agree about the quality of the diamonds. Since both of the above settings are supposed to be SI you can really see the difference. It does seem to be hit and miss. Will be interested to see what you think when you get yours.

Thanks again everyone. xxx

mochi

Ideal_Rock
How long does it usually take for the setting to arrive from half way around the world?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/1/2008 2:20:49 PM
Author: mochi
How long does it usually take for the setting to arrive from half way around the world?
Mochi I''m in the UK and it took just under 2 weeks to arrive after it was posted but customs had the parcel for 5 days grrrrrrrr! I think if you''re in the US, you may get things quicker.

If you have anything custom made (upgrading diamonds, sizing, etc) LOGR says allow 15 days before posting. I believe sometimes it''s under that but for me it was 14 days. I had the setting changed to accommodate my stone so all in all from start to finish it took about 3-4 weeks.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It does looks so very REGAL!!
30.gif
I hope if I choose to get a legacy setting from LOGR that the diamonds look as good as yours, Lauren''s, Tourmalinelover''s, and DandAndi''s! You can clearly see a difference in them versus the oval LOGR setting!

BTW, I know it took you awhile to get your setting, but I have to say I am jealous at how quickly you got your garnet set! I won''t be able to pick up my LOGR ring from the setter until Nov. 20th. I hope that it will be sooner!!!!!

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous job! It looks awesome!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Oh it''s BEAUTIFUL! I love the color on that garnet! So beautiful!

Mrs. Tropicmaster

Rough_Rock
Regal is a great description for your Umbalite Garnet. And it is beautiful in that setting. No doubt that it will get a lot of wear and tons of compliments.

Deedaa

Rough_Rock
Wow, wow and wow. I love the colour of that stone.

Do you mind if I ask the dimensions of your garnet? And is it set in the standard 7mm LOGR setting? I think it looks perfect :)

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/2/2008 1:49:11 AM
Author: Deedaa

Do you mind if I ask the dimensions of your garnet? And is it set in the standard 7mm LOGR setting? I think it looks perfect :)

Thanks once again to everybody for your lovely compliments. I''m so happy with this ring I can''t tell you!

Deedaa, the dimensions are 7.68 x 7.68 and I paid extra for LOGR to make the setting to fit it. I was worried that in the standard 7mm setting there''d be too much overhang onto the diamonds. So this setting cost a little more but was worth it. I like the way the stone sits reasonably high from the setting and the claws are unobtrusive.

Cushioncutnut, I''m very lucky that I have a working jeweller just 5 minutes from where I live so he sets everything for me within a couple of days. I can''t wait to hear what you think when you get your setting. Please post up won''t you?

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Wow that garnet one is TDF!!! Sorry your other one didn''t turn out as well. I know what you mean, there are a few dull gray ones in my setting too.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/2/2008 5:16:47 AM
Author: LovingDiamonds

Date: 11/2/2008 1:49:11 AM
Author: Deedaa

Thanks once again to everybody for your lovely compliments. I''m so happy with this ring I can''t tell you!

Deedaa, the dimensions are 7.68 x 7.68 and I paid extra for LOGR to make the setting to fit it. I was worried that in the standard 7mm setting there''d be too much overhang onto the diamonds. So this setting cost a little more but was worth it. I like the way the stone sits reasonably high from the setting and the claws are unobtrusive.

Cushioncutnut, I''m very lucky that I have a working jeweller just 5 minutes from where I live so he sets everything for me within a couple of days. I can''t wait to hear what you think when you get your setting. Please post up won''t you?

I sure will!!

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
I love your garnet in that setting! It looks just beautiful!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results