shape
carat
color
clarity

More diamonds - help me choose

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mmulliki

Rough_Rock
These are all round stones and either GIA or AGS certified. I have run them all through HCA and they score similarly (1.5 - 1.6), except the last stone which scores a 0.7. I am most interested in stones #1 and #2 since they seem to be the best value, but would appreciate your input. If anyone would like to run these through DiamondCalc and post the results, that would help as well. I really need to make a decision before my fiance-to-be strangles me (she is growing impatient).

1.50 H VS2 $9881
Polish - EX
Sym - EX
Flor. - None
Table - 59%
Depth - 60%
Crown - 33.9
Pavil - 40.9
Cutlet - .8%
Girdle - Med to Sl. Thick

1.53 H VS2 $10445
Polish - EX
Sym - EX
Flor. - None
Table - 58.8%
Depth - 61%
Crown - 34.8
Pavil - 40.7
Cutlet - .2%
Girdle - 2.3% (1.8 - 2.8)

1.50 H VS2 $10700
Polish - EX
Sym - EX
Flor. - None
Table - 55.8%
Depth - 61.8%
Crown - 35.3
Pavil - 40.7
Cutlet - .5
Girdle - 1.8% (1.1 - 2.5)

1.51 H VS2 $10855
Polish - EX
Sym - EX
Flor. - Negligible
Table - 56%
Depth - 61.3%
Crown - 34.4
Pavil - 40.6
Cutlet - Pointed
Girdle - 1.6 - 2.6

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
If they all score similarly on the HCA and the other specs are SO similar (which they are), the one big differentiator here to me is the price. Get the cheapest one..as opposed to the most expensive. They are all 1.5c, all H, all VS2 and all score under 2.0 on the HCA and in fact are even closer than that. I wouldn't spent the additional $1k on the last stone just because of a slightly better HCA score. The first one *may* actually also look a little bigger than the others because of its proportions and slightly more shallow crown angle, more brilliant possibly.

Have you seen them in person? Hard to make a decision without seeing them when all 4 are so similar...but if you have seen them...which one speaks more to you?

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
They all look good. Can you get a BrillianceScope report or IdealScope images? These would help quite a bit.
Basing on the data you provided, I like #1 and #2 if you want a ''spready stone'' or #4 if you want an ideal cut diamond. I guess it depends if you feel like you should spend the additional $1K on it
1.gif
. They will all outclass most diamonds you've seen.
1.gif
wavey.gif

mmulliki

Rough_Rock
These diamonds are at Bluenile. I don't believe they offer Brilliancescope or Ideal-scope images. If they do, please let me know.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I can not believe they do not have an ideal-scope.
They are probably not allowed to photograph them (takes time) - but the sales rep can easily look at them and tell you which looks best.
Please insist
1.gif

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I like the way #1 is priced and I would guess it is going to be a tiny bit larger in diameter than the others. I'd guess it is a GIA report and not an AGS report stone. It may be a tad off the "perfect" Tolkowsky ideal compared to the others, but I would think it is a very pretty diamond.

All that being said, perfection of cut has its virtues, too. Price is not always the way to decide. An Ideal-Scope analysis or more technical equivalent might help you decide, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results