shape
carat
color
clarity

More Confused than ever

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chinita

Rough_Rock
Please help, I thought I did a reasonable amount of research, but I am more confused than ever. I saw these (3) diamonds, at a reputable jewelry store(Fortunoff) and was wondering which one was better overall. I keep hearing conflicting stories from different sales people, regarding the cut(depth, cutlet, and table size), flurescence, and the girdleMeasurement: 5.27-5.31x3.2mm
Weight: .55
Depth: 60.5%
Table: 61%
Girdle: Medium to thick faceted
Cutlet: None
Polish: Good
Symmetry: Good
Clarity: VS2
Color: E
Flurescence: NoneMeasurement: 5.1-5.3x3.2mm
Weight: .55
Depth: 62%
Table: 56%
Girdle: Thin
Cutlet: Small
Polish: N/A
Symmetry: N/A
Clarity: SI1
Color: E
Flurescence: Faint BlueMeasurement: 5.16-5.22x3.37mm
Weight: .58
Depth: 65.1%
Table: 60.5%
Girdle: Medium to thick faceted
Cutlet: Small
Polish: N/A
Symmetry: N/A
Clarity: SI1
Color: G
Flurescence: NoneAlso around what price would be good to pay for each of these stones.

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Hi chinita,Take some time to read the tutorial here.
http://www.pricescope.com/tutorial.asp It will give you information about how cut affects a diamond's beauty-this is information you won't find anywhere else.Wherever you decide to buy, make sure the diamonds come with a GIA or AGS diamond grading report and ask for a Sarin report with GIA rated stones so you can get the crown and pavilion angles. When you have these, you can use the cut adviser here to help you know how beautiful the diamonds you are considering really are. It's really helpful if you decide to buy online, and also helpful when buying in a store. Until you've seen many well-cut diamonds, it's hard to know what to expect.Read the section of the tutorial on the 60:60 fallacy.As far as price, Fortunoff is going to be more expensive than buying online. You can compare prices here to get an idea of online prices. You can probably get a better selection of well-cut diamonds much cheaper online. If you want to consider buying online, read this page for some tips:
http://www.pricescope.com/isitsafe.asp Also, there's a store on Long Island called Good Old Gold where you can get a great education and see a wide selection of stones from average make, to branded hearts and arrows diamonds to EightStars. Check out Jonathan's website for more great educational material, www.goodoldgold.com. It would be worth the trip even if you don't decide to buy from him.Good luck and feel free to post your questions.lawmax
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results