shape
carat
color
clarity

More Asscher Roadblocks

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Well, Quest kind of changed what they had said before and now if we want more than one diamond brought in we need to pay $45. There have been so many setbacks in this diamond search I don''t even know what to do anymore. Are any of these worth paying Quest to call in?

Asscher 1
Shape: Asscher
Labratory: GIA
Carat Weight: 0.96
Color: H
Clarity: VS1
Cut: none

Dimensions: 5.38x5.35x3.74
Depth %: 69.90
Table %: 60.00
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Good
Culet: None
Girdle: Slightly Thick-Thick
Fluorescence: None

Asscher 2
Carat Weight: 1.05
Color: I

Dimensions: 5.66x5.63x3.91
Depth %: 69.40
Table %: 63.00
Symmetry: Very Good
Girdle: Medium-Slightly Thick Faceted

Asscher 3
Carat Weight: 1.08
Clarity: VS2

Dimensions: 5.80x5.80x3.80
Depth %: 65.50
Table %: 58.00
Polish: Excellent
Girdle: Thin-Medium Faceted

The plus side is I would be able to see them in person but they cannot take pictures so I couldn''t post to get advice. If I have to call in anyway should I just call in from a PS vendor, like this one from Union Diamond?

Stock Number AA101103
Certificate: GIA
Cut: Select Ideal™
Carat: 1.01
Diamond Proportions:
Measurements: 5.55-5.53-3.75
Length to Width: 1.00
Depth Percentage: 67.8 %
Table Percentage: 61 %
Girdle: THK-
Culet: None (Pointed)
Fluorescence: None (Inert)

Or are there any other options? I am starting to get so discouraged. It feels like such an expensive craps shoot to be calling a lot of asschers in. I was hoping to be able to get something at least 5.5mm square but I may have to be more realistic now. To get my favorite setting we can only spend $4,000 on the diamond max, but if we really can''t find anything in this range I guess we could go with just a plain white gold solitaire, but we have max $5,000 to spend total. Any opinions, help, guidance, or miracles will be very appreciated. We have been looking for months and things just aren''t going well. Thank you so much for any help.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Asscher 2
Carat Weight: 1.05

Dimensions: 5.66x5.63x3.91
Depth %: 69.40
Table %: 63.00
Girdle: Medium-Slightly Thick Faceted

looks possible.
I dont like good Symmetry if your paying to call it in.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/15/2006 12:30:50 PM
Author:indecisive

Asscher 3
Carat Weight: 1.08

Dimensions: 5.80x5.80x3.80
Depth %: 65.50
Table %: 58.00
Polish: Excellent
Girdle: Thin-Medium Faceted

The plus side is I would be able to see them in person but they cannot take pictures so I couldn''t post to get advice.

If you wanted to call in just one, I''d pick this. And ''guess Quest must have their IdealScope or ASET around. If you can''t take pictures, you can at least tell us what those images looked like. There''s isn''t much variation between red, white and black
28.gif

One point I don''t agree with Strm with is that story about the symmetry grades. ''Guess there are more, but we seem to get along quite well posting side by side on the same forum after all. Glad this is the case!
1.gif

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Hi this is indecisive''s BF. Thanks for all your help so far, I feel lost in a world of asschers and im not sure what im really doing. Im pretty sure they are calling in Asscher 3 already and he wants to call in Asscher 2 as the other one (if i understand him correctly). I guess my question is, what would the symmetry (Good vs Very Good) be giving me. I want to get the best diamond visibly (naked eye) for my money. Again thanks for your help.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Depending on where and what it is it can make no visible difference GD/VG but in other cases it can.
If looking at them in person have them find the problem facets and pay extra attention to that area.
if it looks fine compared to the rest then no worries.

When paying to call in stones its just another potentual headache that can be avoided but I wouldnt pass up a kicken asscher that is in hand for GD sym.
When calling in diamonds its about min. the chance for problems which is why I avoid them.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results