shape
carat
color
clarity

Moonstone & chrysoprase earrings

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I just picked these up yesterday and I'm pretty pleased with how they came out. The jeweler and I went round and round about how to attach the chrysoprase to the moonstones because I wanted to be able to wear just the moonstones if I felt like it.

kiz-moonchryso4.jpg

kiz-moonchryso3.jpg

kiz-moonchryso2.jpg

kiz-moonchryso1.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, Kismet, they are beautiful! I can imagine you wearing them and suddenly, the sun hits from behind, and they come alive! :love:
I love the connection - the design of the setting makes them pretty and chic without the chyrosophase - good job in the design.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
They're so lovely! I like that they come apart too, that's neat!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
nicely done!

Mo-Zo

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
They are very pretty..I love that they are so unique!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great design and very pretty stones. I love the cat's eye and the colour of the chyrophase in the sunlight. Enjoy wearing them!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Sweet earrings! I love the two stone colors and the removable aspects a lot. Nice job of hiding the attachment behind the three gold drops.

I have some chrysoprase that needs setting. I'm hoping this is the inspiration to get me going. :tongue:

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
Love them! Can you show the back with the connection? I'm considering some ideas for some earrings too, different shapes, but detachable parts.

I love the cat's eye moonstones and the chrysoprase just glows in the light.

Laura

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are really lovely! I love the fact they can be disconnected!

-A

Rae~

Shiny_Rock
Could I ask to please see a pic of the back, please? Is it just a hook to attach the lower drop, or a clasp?

Great idea, and they look lovely.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those are lovely, and I adore how versatile they are!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a neat combination, and I do like the versatility.

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
Very cool and versatile earrings!

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely earrings, and such a great idea to have the chrysoprase detach. Are you thinking about having some other charms made to attach to the bottom of the moonstones?

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
I love chrysoprase!

I'm pretty fond of moonstone too.

Excellent earrings! Congrats!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful, I love the design and the colour combination. :love:

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Very simple and pretty.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It has everything I love in it; it dangles, it has soft glowy cabochons, and it is interchangeable in more ways than one. :appl:

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all. I'm very pleased with how they came out. I'll see if I have time to take a picture of the back tonight before the sun goes down. The moonstones are closed back and the chrysoprase are open back. There is a hook behind the 3 balls which aren't round but flat on the back.

The big issue that we went round and round about was how to have the hook so that it wasn't visible when the moonstones were worn solo but would also allow everything to hang in a straight line (i.e. if the hook was on the back of the moonstone then the chrysoprase would hang behind the moonstone rather than straight below.)

I have other charms but I haven't tested out how they would look yet. I'm not sure if they're the right size or if their jump rings are just too big (they were made to hang on hoops) to look good hanging from the moonstones.

CaraMish

Shiny_Rock
Lovely earrings! The moonstone and chrysoprase complement each other perfectly! :appl: :love:

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Love those earrings and the versatility kismet! Very nicely done! :appl:

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, great combination and I love the shot in sunlight, very glowy and beautiful. You must be pleased at how beautifully your idea was realized. :appl:

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
For those interested in the back of the earrings, here are a few pics. The hook holds the charm pretty securely; you have to exert some force to get it off so there's no way it would just fall off randomly. Perhaps if it did get loose I'd have to get the jeweler to tighten it back up again or replace it.

kiz-moonstonechryso8.jpg

kiz-moonstonechryso7.jpg

kiz-moonstonechryso6.jpg

kiz-moonstonechryso5.jpg

Rae~

Shiny_Rock
Hi Kiz,

Thank you so much for the back & side pics - they help me a lot. I have a project sort of similar in mind (different stones, of course) and have been pondering options for the "join mechanism", so to speak.

Do you feel at all nervous about the lower drop bumping something (eg shoulder, when you are moving around) and pushing up off the hook? Not to cause you any worry, but I wondered if you'd sat on your bed and tried shrugging your shoulders violently (lol) or something similar, to test it out??

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Rae~ said:
Hi Kiz,

Thank you so much for the back & side pics - they help me a lot. I have a project sort of similar in mind (different stones, of course) and have been pondering options for the "join mechanism", so to speak.

Do you feel at all nervous about the lower drop bumping something (eg shoulder, when you are moving around) and pushing up off the hook? Not to cause you any worry, but I wondered if you'd sat on your bed and tried shrugging your shoulders violently (lol) or something similar, to test it out??

Like I said in my other post, they don't just slide off. You do have to exert a fair bit of force to remove them. If I hung my head upside down to fluff my hair, they're not just going to drop off.

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much for the photos, I'll be keeping track of them for future reference. I like how the hook has a bend in it to keep the lower tier from coming loose easily. I would so hate to lose a precious stone.

Laura

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the picture of the back; it reminds me of a similar mechanism I recall Widget (or another poster) did once for her earrings.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results