shape
carat
color
clarity

Montana Sapphire E-Ring Help?

eesmom

Shiny_Rock
Here is the reality on Montana Sapphire rough. This photo shows 3 parcels of rough. I purchased these all around the same time about 9 months ago. All parcels are the same cost. Which parcel is more appealing to you? One parcel is Montana sapphire, the other two are from Madagascar.

SapphireRough.jpg
Do you know when your timeline is for cutting these?

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone! Long delay, but I was finally able to see the ring in person a few days ago and decided to keep it! Unfortunately, I only took some really subpar pictures while I had it (it's now hidden from me and I'm doubly regretting having no good photos to stare at in the meantime...), but I did find some videos from Anueva that I think capture some of its moods well for those who are curious:

This is what it looks like under fluorescent lights:

As you all warned me, color was difficult to capture, but here's my best personal photo (apologies for the fingernails -- I was peeling hatch chiles when it came):

IMG_1029.jpg

It looks like that first video I posted in the OP in bright indirect sunlight and, at its darkest, is a deep teal kind of like this. It never grays out, as I hoped it wouldn't. It flashes blue and teal; the teal strip is almost like a parti coloring, which I really love. The setting seems well-constructed and is very sparkly.

I was able to see some other stones in person (and had an extensive group of ones I liked online) to compare and this stone was definitely my favorite -- but there are so many beautiful stones out there! Case in point those you sent, @Lykame and yours, @lknvrb4. I'm saving them all as inspiration for a pendant or bracelet one day... sigh. Also, @lknvrb4, your whole ring is gorgeous and I went back to your thread to stare at it about 5 separate times. I'll probably go check it out again now.

Agreed, @elrohwen, the demand is there and prices are justified. I also saw you got your ring in -- congrats!! It's such a unique and beautiful take on a classic 3 stone and your sapphire looks perfect in it.

Anyway, thank you all for your help and support!! I'm off to catch up on work I put off while staring at this ring for 3 days.

Your ring looks gorgeous! I love that deep teal and the setting looks perfect for it. I can’t wait until you get it “for real” and can share more pictures. I was really looking for something similar in color to that (though maybe lighter) and ended up with a more blue stone because the cut won me over. But I still want a deep greenish teal.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Here is the reality on Montana Sapphire rough. This photo shows 3 parcels of rough. I purchased these all around the same time about 9 months ago. All parcels are the same cost. Which parcel is more appealing to you? One parcel is Montana sapphire, the other two are from Madagascar.

SapphireRough.jpg

I prefer the middle one. I like the more muted blue greens.

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
I'm delighted for you @CirceofAeaea that you found your dream ring. It sounds like a pretty unique stone. We cannot wait until you've been proposed to so you can share more pictures!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a gorgeous ring!! Love the color of the stone, and I really love the setting...a very pretty and slightly different take on a halo. I hope you can wear it soon!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results