shape
carat
color
clarity

Montana quest is over!!

Quennoo

Rough_Rock
Sometime back I received some really helpful guidance from PS on this forum as I hunted for a Montana sapphire for my E ring (10 years after the fact LOL) the quest led me to Jerry Newman where on his advice I took the chance for him to cut a piece of rough for me. The resulting stone is one of a kind an I couldn't be more happy. It is the first stone he ever cut in this design. It's not everyone's cup of tea as they say because it has many colours within the one stone- blue, green and shots of yellow....very difficult to capture with a camera!! The optical properties are amazing in any light...it is quite a chameleon!

I have it set in platinum, quite a modern setting....small diamond accent (I told my husband this represents him :lol: )
Full bezel for protection ...again not everyone's taste but I love it!
(My wedding band is also platinum with three blue diamonds)

Stone stats
Montana Sapphire
1.96ct
Roundtril Domed fancy round cut

Thanks to everyone !

_8092.jpg

_8093.jpg

_8094.jpg

_8095.jpg

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am a big fan of Jerry Newman, and your new Montana stone is amazing - that marvelous cut showcases its multi-colors so beautifully! I also love full bezels and clean, strong lines, and your wedding set in the matte platinum is really a great look. Congratulations on finding your Montana!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! I normally don't like parti-s but yours has a lovely mixed pattern without the often seen gray tones. The setting is fabulous and fits it perfectly too.

Sakag

Rough_Rock
That is beautiful! What a great Montana, the colors are so clean! :appl:

Quennoo

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much everyone...I keep looking at it...very distracting :D

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
That is so cool!!! I just love the colors in the stone. And I think the setting you picked works very well with it and your wedding band.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's stunning! I love the colors of the stone and the bold setting.

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Wow I'm glad I caught this on the bezel thread. I love it! I love the color of the stone and the matte plat really makes it pop.

Adore the architectural look of the ring. Who made it?

Congrats on the belated ering!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I want more pics! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Quennoo

Rough_Rock
Thanks once again :twirl:
Angeline: I designed the ring based on a photo of a ring I had from 7years ago (as you do ;-) ) and added a few twists,
I had it made here in New Zealand by a jeweller. I love the matte finish too :love:

..and Freke I will gladly add a few more pictures...I don't need much encouragement!!

_8105.jpg

_8106.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
What an interesting stone! I love the colors -- wish I could see it IRL because I'm sure a camera can't capture its full fascination. Really looks great with your wedding ring -- which I LOOOOOVE!

--- Laurie

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely stone in a handsome setting - enjoy!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
love stone and the setting shows it off! congrats!

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are no adequate words to describe how much I love this.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
I think this ring is AMAZING!! I seriously love everything about it. Beautiful and unique gem, in such a cool setting...I feel like the gem and the setting are so complimentary to each other. Great job with this piece :)

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
AWESOME!!!

Lori

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ering is perfect and your set is perfect x 2. :love:

alice87

Shiny_Rock
It is a very unusual and beautiful set. I have one stone from Jerry Newman, and I made a ring with it. I just love it, both the setting and the stone were decently priced. I just like looking at it. I "felt" a lot of positive energy from this stone, and people just try to touch it when I wear it.
I tried to photograph, but it really made no justice to ring and the stone color. Love to wear it!
Great Pics!

Lula

Ideal_Rock
I love it! Do you perhaps know the diameter of the stone in millimeters? Also, I'd like to know who made your setting, too. The bezel is perfectly executed.

Quennoo

Rough_Rock
Thanks alice87... I agree you cannot capture this kind of stone accurately with a photo!
Lula.. The stone is 7.1mm and here is the link to the jewellers http://www.jeanco.co.nz
Currently 1 USD = 1.26 NZD. Thanks again for all your compliments :love:

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it! Thanks so much for sharing your journey! :appl:

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow that is just superb! :love: Right up my ally as all parti sapphires usually are! :naughty: Adore the modern design too.

Confess I didn't know Montana had those sort - always thought those particular colour combos were uniquely Aussie... :confused: Mine is similar and comes from the New England area of NSW.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
SO COOL! Both the stone and the setting! Enjoy!

corundum_conundrum

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I'm a bit of a parti-pooper normally, but I really like this one.

All of the classic montana colors delicately balanced in one stone.

It reminds me a bit of a vanadium chrysoberyl--it has an unusual beauty tinged with mystery.

InToTheMystic

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE this! Its got a mix of a romantic and industrial feel at the same time. Very nicely done! :appl:

eac

Shiny_Rock
A stunner, I adore the contrast of the stone with the matte setting! And, being in NZ myself, I really appreciate the jeweler's link. It's hard to find a good bench jeweler here.

imposterpockets

Rough_Rock
I don't know how I missed your ring! I adore parti, bicolor, multicolor (however you want to describe them) sapphires and bezel settings. I especially like your choice to keep the sides open so the lovely pavilion of the stone could show through.

I am not engaged myself, but I have casually (and not so casually) dropped parti sapphire bezel ring ideas on my other half. I will be add your photos of your pretty set to the inspiration pile. =)

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is so gorgeous!!! I love the color, the setting and everything about it!!!

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
I'm super late to this party, but just wanted to say WOW! I adore everything about this -- the stone, the setting, the finish, the small side stone representin' hubby. I'm drooling over all of it!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I like it. It's a piece of art.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results