shape
carat
color
clarity

MonkeyPie are you out there?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey I was just thinking about you the other day- Did you ever find someone to do the DBTY look on your pretty little gemmies? I bought some light blue sappphires, and have asked Julia to maybe make me a DBTY looking bracelet so I wondered about yours?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well I''m not MP, but she has a major expense coming up soon
3.gif
, HOWEVER she and I are having a mini GTG tomorrow to our local jeweler who works with silver, and we''re both going to be talking to them about DBTYs...Kinda.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Hi D&T! Ditto to what Freke said - I just found out I''m pregnant so that has been put on the backburner for a little while, unless I find an amazing deal at the jeweler we are visiting tomorrow. I''m hoping silver will be far less than the white gold quotes I was getting.

I did get one guy responding to me on Etsy, but he kind of creeped me out - he was offering to do the bezels for $7 apiece, but he had no feedback and nothing in his shop to show me he could do it. Sounded fishy, so I told him no thanks!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats MP! heheee. Thanks Freke for the heads up
3.gif

Yeah, that sounds fishy and creepy on the etsy guy. I''ll let you know what I find out from Julia, if you are interested, I was going to do yellow gold bezels on silver chains (since the sapphires were very inexpensive anyways) and I''m just trying to curb my gem/diamond shopping spree a bit.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Oh that sounds great! I love Julia''s work - my biggest hurdle is price. I have put a gem-buying hold on myself, too, and it sucks! Lol I am addicted.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
D&T, you have a DBTY necklace done by Brian Gavin right? I saw it on another thread and its gorgeous! I''m imagining layering that with a sapphire DBTY......
30.gif
30.gif

QueenB29

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/31/2009 1:26:19 PM
Author: MonkeyPie
Hi D&T! Ditto to what Freke said - I just found out I''m pregnant so that has been put on the backburner for a little while, unless I find an amazing deal at the jeweler we are visiting tomorrow. I''m hoping silver will be far less than the white gold quotes I was getting.

I did get one guy responding to me on Etsy, but he kind of creeped me out - he was offering to do the bezels for $7 apiece, but he had no feedback and nothing in his shop to show me he could do it. Sounded fishy, so I told him no thanks!

Congratulations MonkeyPie!!!! That''s so exciting!!!
36.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/1/2009 1:02:51 PM
Author: szh07
D&T, you have a DBTY necklace done by Brian Gavin right? I saw it on another thread and its gorgeous! I''m imagining layering that with a sapphire DBTY......
30.gif
30.gif
not me, but I will get one soon
31.gif
though I think its brown.eyed.girl that had it done.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Ah! You are correct; sorry about that! I'm not sure why/how I confused you guys...probably because you both have excellent tastes. Are you going to be commissioning one with Julia?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/1/2009 10:53:46 PM
Ah! You are correct; sorry about that! I''m not sure why/how I confused you guys...probably because you both have excellent tastes. Are you going to be commissioning one with Julia?
you are too sweet szh07 - yep, I will be working with Julia again, once I get those little sapphires in my hot little hands
31.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait to see what she does for you D&T.

I went to the local shop today and asked about the little sapphires, but I''m pretty sure it''s going to be a bit of a nuisance for him. The person I spoke with said he made a DBTY type necklace with rounds and had SUCH a hard time with it, so I bet the little cropped-corner squares would give him fits. Nuts! Back to the drawing board
20.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/1/2009 11:10:33 PM
I can''t wait to see what she does for you D&T.

I went to the local shop today and asked about the little sapphires, but I''m pretty sure it''s going to be a bit of a nuisance for him. The person I spoke with said he made a DBTY type necklace with rounds and had SUCH a hard time with it, so I bet the little cropped-corner squares would give him fits. Nuts! Back to the drawing board
20.gif
oh darn it!... well if it works out with Julia - maybe it could work for you too with her, we shall see. whats the size of yours? miine is 2.5mm, its pretty dang small, hope she can work with that size.
33.gif

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
DBTY''s seem to hard/expensive to do, but I''ve seen a lot of fakes for really cheap in silver/base metals. I know these boards aren''t about costume jewelery, but someone must set those too, right? How can they be so cheap?
linky Its 18k over SS...why is it so much more expensive to sub in real gemstones/diamonds?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/2/2009 12:46:11 PM
DBTY''s seem to hard/expensive to do, but I''ve seen a lot of fakes for really cheap in silver/base metals. I know these boards aren''t about costume jewelery, but someone must set those too, right? How can they be so cheap?
linky Its 18k over SS...why is it so much more expensive to sub in real gemstones/diamonds?
true- but I think when its manufactured machine production line made instead of handmade, the price difference is significance no?

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
True! That makes a lot of sense. I wonder how Tiffany''s DTBY''s are made?

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/2/2009 12:53:11 PM
Author: D&T

true- but I think when its manufactured machine production line made instead of handmade, the price difference is significance no?

I''ve often wondered this myself, but apparently the difficulty comes from hand-making the bezels, as opposed to machining them. While I do have an appreciated for handmade, I am quite alright with machine-made! Pop my sapphires into that machine, dang it!
20.gif

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/2/2009 8:03:24 PM
Date: 8/2/2009 12:53:11 PM

Author: D&T

I''ve often wondered this myself, but apparently the difficulty comes from hand-making the bezels, as opposed to machining them. While I do have an appreciated for handmade, I am quite alright with machine-made! Pop my sapphires into that machine, dang it!
20.gif
Hehe DITTO!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results