shape
carat
color
clarity

Monera purchase READ THIS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blueskiesalways

Rough_Rock
Interesting experience!!!
We originaly ordered a different Diamond from Mondera than the one I listed below. The purchase was approved including confirmation # and the credit card amount oked.
We were then contacted by Mondera who stated that the Diamond had been previously been "sold" but they had had trouble removing it from their web site. They then gave a couple of suggestions for other diamonds we might like based on our previous critera. BOTH more expensive (imagine that!!!)
We selected the Diamond that I contacted you all about (bottom of page)
They again confirmed the order. However, the credit card company had reserved the amount of the original diamond selected and Declined payment on the second selection. We corrected that and the purchase was approved.
Now get this part!!!
Last night I checked the Mondera web site to make sure our diamond had been removed. It HAD been taken off the site. HOWEVER, the first diamond we selected was still listed for sale. Now, how is it that they managed to remove the 2nd (more expensive) diamond from the site, but not the first???
Looks to me like a leader diamond to induce you to place an order and then sell you a more expensive one!!! Is this common practice, and if so is it ethical???
Any thoughts?..I''m thinking about calling them today..

Thanks to those who replied...He is the Diamond we purchased
Diamond cut
.90 weight
Depth-68.5
Table-68
Girdle-thick
Cutlet-none
Polish-Vg
Symmatry-good
Fluorescence-none
6.32 x 4.85 x 3.32mm
$3,193

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Sorry to hear about your bait and switch, which happens to be illegal. I figured internet dealers would be easier than the slime-ier and more aggressive jewelers I have met with (off the net) so far. Guess not. Either way, when you spend that kind of money, note that whoever is selling will do everything they can to make more, and it's (sadly) your job to either GET more or pay less. It's a battle, but then again, what nowadays isn't? No pride in customer service and honesty anymore...
nono.gif

Call see what's going on. Maybe you can prevent it from happening to someone else?
appl.gif

chris-uk04

Shiny_Rock
It could be the classic bait and switch or it also could be....

Most big sites like Modera don't carry their own stock. They are mearly brokers. If you call them up and ask them to take a picture of the stone, they can't. I've seen the same stone for sale on Ashford, Blue Nile, and Modera! So, perhaps Ashford sold the stone, but Modera didn't find out about it.

blueskiesalways

Rough_Rock
Chris,
That could be possible...But they informed me days ago that the stone was "sold" and they still have it listed.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Call them and ask. It doesn't sound good, but who knows until you ask.

blueskiesalways

Rough_Rock
Just got off the phone with Mondera...Didn't have to call them, they called me to inform me that my new diamond would take 10 days longer to get here than promised!!!...LMAO
Anyway, their answer to the switch and bait question was pretty stock. "The purchase was awaiting credit approval"...Talk about sloooooow credit for that poor buyer, they have been trying to get approved for a couple of weeks now!!!...they managed to get ours approved overnight even with the double purchase on the credit card....Sounds like Bull S--- to me!!!

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
But even if a person has to wait for credit approval, then why did they say it was "sold" if being on a website means it can still be purchased? If it can't be purchased, as it is "on hold" then why is it on the website? I do think something shady is going on.
nono.gif

If that stone can be bought by anyone, it should be on the site. if it is under consideration, it's fair game, but if there is a good faith purchase being "processed". it is incumbent on the seller to take it off market until the person is either rejected or cancels the sale somehow.

What happens if it is double sold?
nono.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results