shape
carat
color
clarity

Mondera Quality Compared to NiceIce

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

montyw

Rough_Rock
Thanks to Mara''s help I am zeroing in on my small .25c diamonds, however I do have another question that the forum might be able to help with in regards to the center stone I need in .48-.51c.

In general if Mondera labels a diamond as Hearts & Arrows, GIA Ideal, will this stone be a true H&A stone?

I am looking at a great looking diamond from NiceIce.com, and also one at Mondera.

The NiceIce stone is .48c, G, H&A, VS2, AGL Ideal 0
The Mondera is .50c, F, VS2, GIA Ideal Heart & Arrows

The NiceIce site is very informative and the stone looks amazing. Both offer money back so I am not to worried about that, and have even thought of buying both and comparing them. However, I am placing this stone into platnium ring using a bezel set mounting. I am not worried about the .48-.50 difference as that is such a small difference in size (.004" dia). I am concerned about the G color, and if the Mondera H&A is the same as what niceice calls H&A.

Any suggestions!!!

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
I wouldn't be too concerned about the difference between F/G. With both diamonds cut very well, you will most likely not be able to tell the difference, unless you are comparing them side by side. Even then it may be difficult.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Hi Monty: No worries on either the F or G stone; they should be virtually undistinguishable to the naked eye.

Is there a price difference on these? Historically, Mondera's pricing tends to be more inflated than most of the vendors here, including NiceIce. Also, there is a HUGE jump in price per carat once you hit the .50 mark. The difference in the dimensions of the stones should be negligible, so the .48 should be a much better value without sacrificing ANYTHING visually (color or spread).

Good luck whichever you choose.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results