shape
carat
color
clarity

Mom''s Wedding Set...now mine

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dberg

Rough_Rock
There was always an understanding that I would one day inherit my mothers wedding ring set. Recently, I found myself back home in Boise because we thought mom had Pancreatitis. During her hospital stay, she presented me with her wedding ring set as a graduation present (masters) from herself and my father (who passed away 8 years ago). She told me she had decided it was silly of her to wait until she died to give me her ring when she could enjoy it on my finger while she was alive.

Unfortunantly, Mom's Pancreatitis turned out to be advanced pancreatic cancer, and her 3-6 month prognosis turned out to be 6 weeks. I'm so happy she was able to have those 6 weeks with me proudly wearing her rings. Eventually, I'll need to have the prongs retipped. The ring itself is .69 E-F SI2 (although it faces up clean and sparkles like crazy when clean, which it is not in the picture.) It is set in 14k WG.

Moms Diamond.JPG

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
That's a beautiful ring set full of so much love, sentiment and memories. I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I'm sure your mother's heart was filled with pride to see you wear it!

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
dberg, i am sorry for your loss and thank you for sharing your story. it is so wonderful to have a such a beautiful and sentimental piece to continue to pass thru the family for years to come. i am glad your mom was able to see wear it and she was able to give it to you personally.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry for your loss. Losing a parent is not an easy part of life.
sad.gif

I am happy that you have these beautiful pieces to remember her by. May these special momentos remind you of you mom and bring you some comfort.

1.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
What a BEAUTIFUL set! The story behind her giving it to you is wonderful, although sad. Brought tears to my eyes.

Melissa

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
I'm very sorry about your loss dberg... it sounds like your mother loved you very much & was v proud of you.

It's a very luvy set - I hope it brings you as much joy as I'm sure it brought your mother over the years...

Your grandmother's cameo that you posted earlier (in jewelry pieces) is also stunning
4.gif

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
That is a beautiful set and a beautiful story. You sound like a very loving and appreciative daughter, and I'm sure that your mom is very happy to see you wearing her rings in the little time she has left with you.

My heart goes out to you.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
dberg, I'm so sorry about your loss. The ring is beautiful and it is sweet that your mom got to see you wearing it before she died.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Cherish it. How special.

reena

Ideal_Rock
i, too, am so so sorry to hear about your loss.
sad.gif
the ring is just beautiful.

Diamondsbybree

Brilliant_Rock
Oh dberg..... I am sooo deeply sorry for your loss. I followed your heartfelt story on another thread.
8.gif

My heart aches for you and you are in my prayers.

jewelryjunkie

Rough_Rock
Such a beautiful ring. I'm soooo sorry to hear about your mother's diagnosis. My father died 5 months ago from cancer so my heart goes out to you. I know a bit about what you're going through. I'm glad that you have time to say good bye and say all the things you need to say. Eventhough I don't know your name I'll keep you in my prayers. Take care of yourself.

Thank goodness we have friends and diamonds to put a sparkle into the darkest times of our life.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dberg, I am sorry to hear about the loss of your mother. I imagine her heart must be bursting with pride to see you proudly wearing her wedding set. Your ring holds more personal value than any amount of money. Your story is so sad and at the same time so beautiful. Wear it in fond rememberance.

jodstr2

Rough_Rock
sorry to hear about your mom, please accept my condolences. it's nice that she got to see you wearing her set.
(I hope it's ok that I'm posting in your thread, I'm new here.)

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DBerg! Nice to see you here. I've missed you and you already know you're in my prayers.

P.S. Are ya ready to move back to the Pacific Northwest yet?

M.

dberg

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for the kind words. My brothers and I were very fortunant in that we had enough time to say everything we needed to say to mom, but not so much time that we worried about how much or how long she was in pain.

I took a loop to the diamond and the only inclusion I can see is near the bottom of the stone, covered by a prong. I can only see it if I'm look at it from an angle on the side, not from the top down.

Matata! It's great to see you again. DH and I are moving back to the NW in late spring or early summer 2005! (If everything goes according to plans) Woo Hoo! Sounds like we're looking at the Vancouver/Portland area. I'm so excited I can hardly see straight!

didiamond

Brilliant_Rock
dberg, I'm a little late here but I also wanted to express my condolences to you and your family. It sounds like it meant the world to your mom that you should have her rings. Cherish them with every memory of your mother and father.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results