shape
carat
color
clarity

Mom''s Solitaire with Illusion Head

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
WOW! Huge difference!! Your mum must be so excited!!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
What a BEAUTY.....LOOK AT HER SHINE!!!

Lori

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! It definitely looks ten times better now that you got the prongs changed!! Thank you for posting those pics!!
36.gif

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
OM Goodness.....that is such a HUGE difference. It had character before, but now its slamming! WOW. Well done!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks so much better!!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Holy moly thats a great repair job! I bet your mom was so excited to have it cleaned, polished, and re-worked.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
What a world of difference! Your mom''s ring looks great! She must be so pleased!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, all! My mom was sooooo excited. She was calling my sister, my aunt, and anyone else that might care to tell them all about it. She could hardly wait for the sun to shine so she could make rainbows on the ceiling. What was really funny was my dad. I gave mom the little baggy holding her ring, and dad was shaking with excitement, trying to get a glimpse. He''s normally a pretty cool guy.

I have to thank PS. I would never have thought about doing this on my own.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awwww FlyGirl what a lovely daughter you are doing that for your Mum. I bet she''s thrilled with the result.

I scanned this thread very quickly (not reading properly) looked at the first few photos and thought "oooo those are BIG prongs" and then was going to post about how they''d shrunk in the wash until I realised that you''d had them trimmed back. Great call, it''s lovely to see that diamond in all it''s glory. Wishing your Mother many many years of happiness with her "new" ring.

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
Wow that certainly is a huge difference!! That poor, beautiful diamond was being smothered by those huge prongs. Now it can see the light and looks so much better! I bet your mom loves it. :)

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohhh WOW! What an amazing re-work! That ring went from "pretty" to GORGEOUS with that makeover.

Your mom is a lucky woman - which I''m sure she knows.
30.gif

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hand shot?

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a difference! The prongs were hiding half of the diamond. I can''t believe that''s the same ring!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
wow, what a difference! Your mom''s ring is just lovely...

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
i loved hearing about your mom''s reaction, flygirl! and your dad sounds like such a lovely man :)

long life, health and happiness to them both!

and good job you :)

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2009 1:57:24 PM
Author: whitby_2773

i loved hearing about your mom's reaction, flygirl! and your dad sounds like such a lovely man :)

long life, health and happiness to them both!

and good job you :)
Thank you so much, whitby, icekid, Addy, musey, D-M, and LD. I am quite blessed to have those two as parents.
1.gif

motownmama, I'll try to get hand shots, but no promises.
2.gif

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
What a difference. It looks very pretty!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
beautiful!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Wow what a difference! I have two of my grammy''s rings that are very similar in style to those, but the diamonds are itty bitty, and I love them. I also love your solitaire and the nature-y feel to it. Gorgeous!

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Wow the difference is amazing, it looks beautiful. Your mom must be so happy
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! That''s amazing. It looks perfect now! I adore illusion head settings.

I really like your ring too. Is that etching on the band? Or what would you call it? I''ve never seen that before!

ahappygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Flygirl -
Thanks for sharing this story. The ring is beautiful and that diamond can really show her sparkle. I LOVE everything about this ring. Everything - how your dad worked to afford it, the size, setting, sparkle, how long it''s been worn, the excitement of both of your parents after the repair.. you are such a thoughtful daughter.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results