shape
carat
color
clarity

Mom''s RH pink tourmaline - and her plan for it

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I know...ultimate sin not having stats...I think it''s about 4.? cts of baby pink tourmaline, hexagon shape concave faceted by Richard Homer. Mom is finally getting it set, and before she handed it off to the jeweler, I snapped some quick pix. These capture the cut OK but the color is actually a much prettier baby pink - the lighting makes these almost look salmon-y, which it isn''t.

There are LOADS of photos to follow :)

Elmomsrock1.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock

elmomsrock2.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
This is the stone''s backside

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Crud. Try that again:

elmomsrock5.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Side

elmomsrock6.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
This was mom''s fav pic - she loves the view from the side

elmomsrock7.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Face-up again

elmomsrock8.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I hope this isn''t a repeat - I can''t tell from the thumbnail - but last one :)

elmomsrock9.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it. It will be gorgeous in a ring.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
OH!!! And the plan for it:

She''ll have the CADs in about 3 weeks, so there may be some minor tweaking, but... she asked for a 1-1.5mm white gold halo around the stone to play up the hexagon shape and protect the edges. The gallery will be as open as possible to let light in. The band will lead up to the halo and will be rose gold.

I''m really excited that she let me be a part of the process. It was fun to watch her try on literally every ring in the store and point out what she liked and didn''t like. I think she''s going to be very happy with how it turns out! I feel a lot of pressure though, because since she used my local jeweler (she lives about 3 hours away), I''ll be making the last approval of the wax before it''s cast (thankfully, the CADs are e-mailed, and she chose to do a 3-D option, so I think she''ll be able to get a pretty good idea of how it looks). The estimated finish date is right around Christmas.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Marcy! I think so too. She thought about doing a pendant because she was afraid of chipping it, but she said it was just too pretty to not be able to look at it all day :)

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
That stone is really beautiful - I just *LOVE* Richard''s work!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lovely!!!!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
AWESOME!!!!

Lori

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It sounds like it will be a beautiful ring.
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results