shape
carat
color
clarity

Mom''s amethyst LOGR - all finished!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
It''s finally done! Here are some pics. This is the ring I got for my mom''s birthday later this month
1.gif
Hope she likes it!

Stats:

5 ct. amethyst cushion cut by Barry Bridgestock
10 mm
LOGR setting - no upgrade on diamonds
14 kt. white gold
Size 7

Oh and you guys might find it interesting - so this is the same setting as the one my garnet is in. Scroll down to the later pictures - I did a few side-by-side comparisons of this ring (which is the 7x7 LOGR Legacy-esque customized for the 10 mm stone) and my garnet ring (which is the standard 7x7, no modifications other than finger sizing).

BEGAmethystHalo71.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock

BEGAmethystHalo72.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock

BEGAmethystHalo73.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock

BEGAmethystHalo74.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
This is on my finger, size 3.75 - it''s HUGE

BEGAmethystHalo75.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Closer up

BEGAmethystHalo76.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Next to my garnet

BEGAmethystHalo77.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock

BEGAmethystHalo78.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Side views

BEGAmethystHalo79.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock

BEGAmethystHalo80.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Last one!

BEGAmethystHalo81.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a whopper! I love your Mum''s ring - I bet she''ll be thrilled. A great pressie.

Just a quick question please ........... did you upgrade the diamonds on the smaller garnet setting? Diamonds in both rings look very good indeed. My legacyesque setting diamonds were also excellent but it''ll be interesting to know if you upgraded or not.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, my mother would faint if I gave her THAT! It''s gorgeous!!! I love how it turned out - you are one awesome daughter.

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I had to log in especially to say how much I love that setting.

Can you give me the website for the setting, it is stunning.\

Your mum will love it

Great colour on the stone as well, totally yummy!!!!
30.gif

enjoy
d2b

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2009 1:29:48 AM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl
Closer up

BEG, it came out BEE YOO TEE FOOL!!!! It looks absolutely gorgeous and HUGE on your hand! I wish I had size 3 fingers.
27.gif

Your Mom is going to absolutely adore it! When are you planning on giving it to her? Don''t forget to post her handshots!

You did an awesome job!
36.gif
36.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Your mother is so lucky to have a sweet daughter like you!! She is going to be absolutely thrilled!! The amethyst looks great in that setting. It''s really stunning!
36.gif
36.gif
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif
36.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I take it that they got everything straightened out with the setting charge? I know you were unhappy with a girl there that overquoted you on the setting fee. I think they did an awesome job setting it.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2009 10:48:49 AM
Author: mochi
Your mother is so lucky to have a sweet daughter like you!! She is going to be absolutely thrilled!! The amethyst looks great in that setting. It''s really stunning!
36.gif
36.gif
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif
36.gif

*I apologize for this threadjack*

Mochi, how''s Mellow Yellow doing? Did one of the groupies steal him away?
31.gif

*over*

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your Mother is going to be thrilled. It''s gorgeous and HUGE! What a wonderful daughter you are.
36.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful gift for your mother! It turned out magnificent!!!
21.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Brown.Eyed.Girl - it looks fantastic!! Your bling-lovin'' mother should really love it! Thanks for posting all those great pics. Did you ever work out a more reasonable setting price with your jeweler? Hey, Happy Birthday today
35.gif
36.gif
- hope you had a great celebratory dinner last night and a great day today! Have safe travels next week too.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! You are such a sweet daughter.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
LovingDiamonds Thanks! I didn''t upgrade the diamonds on either ring. I''m actually really happy with the quality on my garnet ring - it sparkles a lot! I''ve also resisted the temptation to loupe those babies
3.gif
and as far as I can see, they look great.

D2B this is the website to the setting. LOGR 7x7 Cushion Halo setting I had to pay to have it customized for the 10 mm stone however. And thank you!

Platinum aw thanks! BF thought he was going to get off easy about my eventual ring (size of diamond I mean) because of my finger size, until he took me to Tiffanys and I got to try on 2 ct rings....let''s just say poor guy
2.gif
I''m going to give it to her when I go home next week - my dad is back from his job overseas, and BF is going with me to meet my parents. My mom''s b-day is at the end of the month so it''ll be an early present
1.gif

Aw thanks Mochi dear!

TL and Cellentani I forgot to tell you guys, so I did ask my jewelers and they said the charge was $120 for setting (and $115 for a 3 ct.) and $30 for the polishing. I checked with my mom and her friend and both said it was fine (the price) and when I saw it, I was actually really glad they did end up polishing and replating the ring- the settings looked fine when I got it but they''re much shinier now. In their favor, they do do a great job setting! Thanks to you both! Cellentani I did! BF and I had a great time, although by the end, I think we could barely move from eating too much
3.gif

Thanks for the kind words Catmom, TLH, and Tacori!!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
What an amazing amethyst that is!!! Holy cow I love the blue and red flashes!!!!

She is a lucky lady!!!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2009 8:59:56 PM
Author: FrekeChild
What an amazing amethyst that is!!! Holy cow I love the blue and red flashes!!!!

She is a lucky lady!!!

Thanks Freke! It''s quite dark, but has a lot of life at the same time (if that makes sense? haha). Speaking of amethysts, did you ladies see Barry''s new amethyst cushion? It''s even bigger than this one!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Both rings are beauitful. I am curious what size is the finger with the garnet one on?

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 3:11:12 AM
Author: CharmyPoo
Both rings are beauitful. I am curious what size is the finger with the garnet one on?

Thanks CharmyPoo! My finger with the garnet on it is a 3.5 (although the garnet spins a little bit, especially this winter!).
1.gif

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
That is quite a spectacular ring!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! And they are mother daughter rings (matching) . I love it!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 6:44:17 AM
Author: bling addict
That is quite a spectacular ring!

Thank you! I hope my mom likes it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results