shape
carat
color
clarity

Moissanite OEC ring from Golden Bird Jewels

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Very pretty ring! I will have to look up the vendor!

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Peacechick, it looks like your side stones are RBC (Round Brilliant Cut) to me.. I don't think that they are OEC at all.. Your ring is fantastic if you ask me and as long as you are happy with it that is all that matters!:kiss2: Wear it proudly and enjoy it!! Lots of good advice here on the PS forum..;)2

P.S. My two cents--> Your ring actually looks better than the photo that you gave them to go by!

Update: Thanks, Taurus! I asked the vendor and indeed the side stones are RBC while the centre is OEC. Quite likely they don’t cut OEC so small. I agree my ring turned out better than the photo as the bezel is quite nice and even. I will enjoy it!

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I also think it looks better than the pic you sent them! Love your ring, it’s perfect!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring! Thanks so much for sharing!

They have a YouTube channel. Type in the search bar of their name and there are TONS of videos showing the stones and rings. But sometimes it moves too fast to tell on the cut. Wish they slow it down more.

I'm curious about the OEC cut as well. I think he can also custom cut.

Did you know that under the settings (gear icon) you can slow down the YouTube videos?

Lucky_Rabbit

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous ring! Thanks so much for sharing!

Did you know that under the settings (gear icon) you can slow down the YouTube videos?

I didn't know that, haha. Thanks for the heads up.

Sezzwho

Rough_Rock
That's such a pretty ring!

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
My new ring from Golden Bird:
331A29C5-243B-4650-84B6-F6805F904ABF.jpeg
6CC037BA-F765-4399-B8E2-09FE0ED8D9E8.jpeg
F3CACBA7-F8F0-4FEF-8F54-260E4D32474D.jpeg

I went for a cushion cut near colorless moissanite this time with a moissanite halo in white gold and a yellow gold band.

Vijay from Golden Bird was as easy-going and pleasant to work with as ever. I asked for mixed metals and sent in various photos and he accommodated all my customization requests without adding to the price.

I think i stretched their limits by asking them to tilt the halo however... After some communication, they understood what I meant and they really tried. I like the tilted halo they made but the result ended up using more metal than I wanted.

My only real regret is going with near colorless moissy for this one as I can clearly see the yellow in it. If you’re color-sensitive and using white gold, definitely upgrade to colorless!

Last edited:

voce

Ideal_Rock
My new ring from Golden Bird:
331A29C5-243B-4650-84B6-F6805F904ABF.jpeg
6CC037BA-F765-4399-B8E2-09FE0ED8D9E8.jpeg
F3CACBA7-F8F0-4FEF-8F54-260E4D32474D.jpeg

I went for a cushion cut near colorless moissanite this time with a moissanite halo in white gold and a yellow gold band.

Vijay from Golden Bird was as easy-going and pleasant to work with as ever. I asked for mixed metals and sent in various photos and he accommodated all my customization requests without adding to the price.

I think i stretched their limits by asking them to tilt the halo however... After some communication, they understood what I meant and they really tried. I like the tilted halo they made but the result ended up using more metal than I wanted.

My only real regret is going with near colorless moissy for this one as I can clearly see the yellow in it. If you’re color-sensitive and using white gold, definitely upgrade to colorless!
Very pretty. I love the unique halo with the cushion. :geek2:

kewpee

Rough_Rock
Your ring is very pretty. At this seller's prices, you can own lots of fun jewelry to wear.

For others asking about the cut, I bought OEC moissy earring off the Bistro, but the stones are from this seller. He's in India. Compared to my real OEC diamonds and other branded OEC moissy, this seller's OECs do not have the coveted small table and high crown. Overall, it is a shallow cut. However, for earrings or something of that nature I find them perfectly acceptable. I actually bought two loose 5.25mm OECs from this seller and sent to my niece so she could make her own studs. She loves them.

Moissamight

Rough_Rock
Out of curiosity, how does the price of the custom rings compare to the rings her has listed on eBay and Etsy? Thanks!

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Out of curiosity, how does the price of the custom rings compare to the rings her has listed on eBay and Etsy? Thanks!

Not that different, imo. What seems to affect the price most is the size of the moissanite and the gold karat you want. My custom quotes often come in at less than the eBay price because I asked for 10k instead of 14k.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well I took your recommendation and ordered the 2 carat OEC from him in rose gold! I’m dying to wait for more bling until my birthday so thought I would try this ring out to see how I like it. It would be a change from my diamond ering when I want to wear something different..and stack my bands with the rose gold. Hope I like it! He’s very responsive..and polite.

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I changed my mind a bunch of times..I’m embarrassed to say..but he is the nicest person..I changed it from rose to yellow gold and even changed the setting! He has to alter another style to fit my round stone..and he didn’t even charge me more!

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
Hi

Thought I would post in here rather than starting a new thread.

I have been wanting a moissanite ring but reluctant to pay big money when I am not sure how I will like the stone. I don’t know anyone here in Australia with one and stockists are online so it was always going to be a bit of a risk.

I have requested a custom piece today through Vijay. I have asked for a 3ct cushion colourless in an antique style setting I saw on Instagram. I have paid my deposit and I am awaiting my CAD pictures and pictures of the stone.

Can I ask are you still happy with yours?
Is there anything I should be looking for with the stone?
If mine goes well a friend who is thinking one one for her engagement ring is considering getting him to quote so I feel a bit of responsibility to get it right

Exciting waiting for new jewels :love:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi

Thought I would post in here rather than starting a new thread.

I have been wanting a moissanite ring but reluctant to pay big money when I am not sure how I will like the stone. I don’t know anyone here in Australia with one and stockists are online so it was always going to be a bit of a risk.

I have requested a custom piece today through Vijay. I have asked for a 3ct cushion colourless in an antique style setting I saw on Instagram. I have paid my deposit and I am awaiting my CAD pictures and pictures of the stone.

Can I ask are you still happy with yours?
Is there anything I should be looking for with the stone?
If mine goes well a friend who is thinking one one for her engagement ring is considering getting him to quote so I feel a bit of responsibility to get it right

Exciting waiting for new jewels :love:
I’m getting it on Thursday! I’ll post pics! I did order a pair of princess cut and asscher studs from another vendor..Diamondrensu..I also ordered a ring for my mom from Diamonrensu. I’ll post photos of those too.

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
Great I look forward to seeing them :) I hope mine turns out as well as the others in this thread.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
You’re fu.
This is the setting I have asked for.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqpsoVYH9-h/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=xe0s3s4kvrgr

What should I be looking for when I get the CAD and stone images? I have a noob when it comes to what to look for I just go "oooooohhhhh shniy" with a little Homer Simpson drool :lol:
:D I would just be very clear what you want it to look like before he does the cad. Still pictures would be good too. That stone in the video is gorgeous..Tell him you want to see the ring before shipping to approve it..I hope it turns out the way you envision it to look like..

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
Me too I will do exactly as you say and ask for a video and then post it here so you can all give your feedback.

Is it worth mentioning someone had a less than brilliant experience on PS and therefore I want to be super careful

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
I know Taurus2313 I can only hope my stone is half as good

;)2 I hope it does too and yes please post lots of photos and videos once you get the process going.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Me too I will do exactly as you say and ask for a video and then post it here so you can all give your feedback.

Is it worth mentioning someone had a less than brilliant experience on PS and therefore I want to be super careful
I wouldn’t mention me at all..but that’s up to you, of course.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know Taurus2313 I can only hope my stone is half as good
I forgot to ask what size stone you ordered..Can’t wait to see it!

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I didn't mention you don't worry. I just said that the pricescope forum said it was a good idea to get videos and pictures of the ring before shipping so there were no problems later.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I didn't mention you don't worry. I just said that the pricescope forum said it was a good idea to get videos and pictures of the ring before shipping so there were no problems later.
What size stone are you getting?

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
3 CT.

He did reply and say he knows of pricescope and it is where his clients post everything about their purchase.

He said he would update every step. I replied back thanking him and re-iterating that the colour was very important.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
3 CT.

He did reply and say he knows of pricescope and it is where his clients post everything about their purchase.

He said he would update every step. I replied back thanking him and re-iterating that the colour was very important.
Interesting...Everyone here is very nice but his mistakes and successes will be here for everyone to see...It would be in his best interest to take heed when a customer has a valid concern..

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
Yes will keep you all updated hopefully it is helpful should anyone wish to make a purchase in the future

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results