shape
carat
color
clarity

Moissanite OEC ring from Golden Bird Jewels

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
06F6B4FE-8E77-49B0-8A13-9EE2718F69B4.jpeg
Hey everyone, I wanted to share a picture of my new three-stone OEC moissanite in bezel set 10kt yellow gold.

So I got this ring from Golden Bird Jewellery on Etsy (they also have an eBay store). Had not seen any mention of them here but I saw a photo of their OEC posted by a customer in her review and it looked great so I took a gamble and I love it. It sparkles so much.

This is in their white color, which is GHI. To my eye, it looks white, even though I used yellow gold. You can upgrade to DEF for an extra cost. There are more designs on eBay than on Etsy, that’s how I found this one. The center stone is 1.2 carats.

I’ll try to take some pictures in sunlight tomorrow if anyone wants some.

Last edited:

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium
STUNNING!

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful !

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for posting this, I've seen so many of their rings on Etsy and wondered how the quality was. Can you post a profile shot? Your ring is beautiful by the way, pretty faceting on the center stone.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Sure, here you go. It’s a pretty low set ring compared to other rings I have, good for everyday wear.
CF29615F-0A26-424D-AA9E-240DA4C7794B.jpeg 430FFD07-8582-41C2-AE75-EA841E934C1E.jpeg 8F24FC9F-FE0B-49A0-A507-7C25DE93E4D0.jpeg

I will probably go back to them next for a rose cut oval, which i saw a video of on their YouTube. Just not sure yet if I should ask for rose gold or white gold.

kalmen22

Shiny_Rock
Premium
gorgeous ring!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely ring - you’ve got the proportions just right and it’s so nice and low set. Their moissanite looks good.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I emailed Golden Bird via Etsy, and they were super responsive and nice. I'll see how I feel about the things I have coming from Tianyu, and then maybe my next order will be with them :) Thanks @peacechick for bringing our attention to them!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Their moissanites are so cheap. I think the photos on their Etsy aren’t necessarily their own (grrr) so cant tell if the cut is good. @peacechick what is the faceting like on the OEC?

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
That is a very pretty ring! Congratulations. Very nice indeed. I second what @lovedogs said about Thanks for sharing your experience with this seller!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Their moissanites are so cheap. I think the photos on their Etsy aren’t necessarily their own (grrr) so cant tell if the cut is good. @peacechick what is the faceting like on the OEC?

Why am I having such a hard time finding their Etsy store? I found their eBay store but the etsy store eludes me. Thanks in advance, :)

Lucky_Rabbit

Shiny_Rock
I've heard about them. Glad you love your ring. I know another woman who got a big custom moissanite from them and she loves it.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock

What should I be looking for? Sorry, I’m new to the world of moissanite although I have plenty of colored gems but this is my first old European cut. Nothing seems wonky to me? The flashes are chunky compared to a brilliant or portuguese cut, and I enjoy that. My only complaint is that the side stones have a more flat sparkle compared to the centre stone’s deeper sparkle if it makes any sense.

I didn’t look much at their loose stones, but I did look at a few of their ring videos on YouTube to gauge how their moissanite and general quality looked before buying. For a fun buy, I’m happy. I wouldn’t suggest them for something serious like an e-ring since we don’t know how they will perform years down the road.

Lucky_Rabbit

Shiny_Rock

They have a YouTube channel. Type in the search bar of their name and there are TONS of videos showing the stones and rings. But sometimes it moves too fast to tell on the cut. Wish they slow it down more.

I'm curious about the OEC cut as well. I think he can also custom cut.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
4A12BCAB-0A80-4938-BFF9-F4E23F81FAC7.jpeg
Here is a picture of the ring on my washing machine where you can see the open cutlet. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable about cut can chime in. I think the side stones may not be oec as they are much more splintery. I’ll have to check.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@peacechick, I think your ring is lovely and maybe the sidestones are a different cut but the center stone looks good to me. Here's the thing, if it looks good to you and you're happy don't make yourself crazy and second guess. I have a Harro OEC moissanite and they are not favored here because some people think they look glassy or like plastic. To me it looks fine and actually since the light in my house isn't the best, maybe that glassy look (which I don't notice) helps. So don't stress and enjoy your pretty ring:appl:

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
@peacechick, I think your ring is lovely and maybe the sidestones are a different cut but the center stone looks good to me. Here's the thing, if it looks good to you and you're happy don't make yourself crazy and second guess. I have a Harro OEC moissanite and they are not favored here because some people think they look glassy or like plastic. To me it looks fine and actually since the light in my house isn't the best, maybe that glassy look (which I don't notice) helps. So don't stress and enjoy your pretty ring:appl:

Thank you! I’m not worried about the sidestones either, as I ordered off a photo and never specified all three stones had to be oec. Still got the look I wanted at a great price. It’s more about reporting the correct information as when you mention a vendor here, especially if you are the first, you always want to make sure you are representing correctly what you are getting lest anyone be disappointed.

I love that we have so many options for moissanite now. Back when the patent was held by C&C, I was interested but didn’t find it affordable. Now you have China and India producing beautiful stones, it really lets the average consumer have fun.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
D0141847-0BB6-48C2-8B54-158CF3C89313.jpeg
And here is the photo I ordered off. I asked for this to be made in yellow gold. I must say it turned out exactly like this, even the sidestones. I like it much better in yellow gold!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@peacechick, I totally get it, it's a lot of pressure to be the first review of an otherwise unknown vendor. I am amazed at the prices of some of the Chinese and Indian vendors it's nice too because then there are price points for everyone like you said.

Sometimes comments can come across a way they are not intended. I see now that you are just trying to give an accurate assessment, just didn't want you to start second guessing. I know when I first started on PS there came a point that I was buying jewelry and wondering if it was good enough for the forum, it's easy to get caught up in it!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
From your picture it looks exactly like what you ordered to my eyes.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
D0141847-0BB6-48C2-8B54-158CF3C89313.jpeg
And here is the photo I ordered off. I asked for this to be made in yellow gold. I must say it turned out exactly like this, even the sidestones. I like it much better in yellow gold!
that’s amazing! I really like this and your own photos. They look gorgeous. Thank you for the extra pics and the comments.
And oh please don’t take any comments as negative. I’m just fascinated because their prices are so good and your ring is beautiful. I wouldn’t actually mind any wonk - given how wonky diamond OECs can be!

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
@peacechick, I totally get it, it's a lot of pressure to be the first review of an otherwise unknown vendor. I am amazed at the prices of some of the Chinese and Indian vendors it's nice too because then there are price points for everyone like you said.

Sometimes comments can come across a way they are not intended. I see now that you are just trying to give an accurate assessment, just didn't want you to start second guessing. I know when I first started on PS there came a point that I was buying jewelry and wondering if it was good enough for the forum, it's easy to get caught up in it!

Thank you, StephanieLynn, for being so lovely and reassuring! I know exactly what you mean, felt that way when i first joined 5 years ago and wanted the amazing paraibas and emeralds I couldn’t afford :lol-2: I then took a long break and I’m pretty content to be back on PS just admiring the amazing creations and having fun collecting with a modest budget.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
that’s amazing! I really like this and your own photos. They look gorgeous. Thank you for the extra pics and the comments.
And oh please don’t take any comments as negative. I’m just fascinated because their prices are so good and your ring is beautiful. I wouldn’t actually mind any wonk - given how wonky diamond OECs can be!

Not at all! That’s why i started the thread! And I’m more than happy to take photos of my eye candy, that’s why we’re all here . The vendor, Vijay, is easy-going and friendly, and I’m sure he will send extra photos of any loose stones if requested.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not at all! That’s why i started the thread! And I’m more than happy to take photos of my eye candy, that’s why we’re all here . The vendor, Vijay, is easy-going and friendly, and I’m sure he will send extra photos of any loose stones if requested.
I am SO SO tempted to get a lovely 8-9mm OEC to put in a target halo - it'll make my e-ring look wee by comparison tho so maybe I shouldn't. Your setting is seriously lovely too so it's tempting me as well!

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
4A12BCAB-0A80-4938-BFF9-F4E23F81FAC7.jpeg
Here is a picture of the ring on my washing machine where you can see the open cutlet. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable about cut can chime in. I think the side stones may not be oec as they are much more splintery. I’ll have to check.

Peacechick, it looks like your side stones are RBC (Round Brilliant Cut) to me.. I don't think that they are OEC at all.. Your ring is fantastic if you ask me and as long as you are happy with it that is all that matters!:kiss2: Wear it proudly and enjoy it!! Lots of good advice here on the PS forum..;)2

P.S. My two cents--> Your ring actually looks better than the photo that you gave them to go by!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely ring!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results