shape
carat
color
clarity

Modified Brillants

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

squeaksluv

Shiny_Rock
Anyone have any pictures of a modified brillant? I think they''re square? What is the difference between these and a radiant or princess? My coworker is getting engaged and picked out this as the diamond for his sweetie. Thanks!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
a princess will be described as a ''square modified brilliant'' on gia grading reports. hth
2.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
... ''modified brilliant'' is anything without step facets that is not a traditional round brilliant diamond. There''s a long list including pears, marquises, cushions and what not.

Meaning, I don''t know which one you are after.
2.gif

squeaksluv

Shiny_Rock
Okay, that makes sense. Would a radiant be described as a rectangular modified brillant? He showed us the ring this morning and it looked like a radiant in that it was rectangular. What is the difference between a radiant and a princess? Is it just that one is square and the other is rectangular?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/7/2005 9:19:45 AM
Author: squeaksluv
Okay, that makes sense. Would a radiant be described as a rectangular modified brillant? He showed us the ring this morning and it looked like a radiant in that it was rectangular. What is the difference between a radiant and a princess? Is it just that one is square and the other is rectangular?
yes, a radiant would be described as rectangular modified brilliant.
the difference between a radiant and a princess is mainly in the facet patterning. radiants have a 'cracked ice' look and cut corners. princess cuts have a more uniform pattern and 'sharp' corners. either can be elongated, but it is traditional for princess cuts to be more square and radiants to be less so.

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
A radiant is a cut corner rectangular modified brilliant. A radiant can also be called a cut corner square modified brilliant. Not all radiants are rectangular, some are square. If they have a length to width ration of 1.05 or less they are described as square on the GIA report.

A princess is usually square, but they aren''t always square either. They have a different facet pattern than radiants do.

squeaksluv

Shiny_Rock
Thanks you guys! This helps a lot. When my co-worker was showing us the ering this morning I felt like an idiot since I really had no idea what he was talking about (he didn''t say radiant or princess, he just said rectangular modified brillant). Personally, I think I like square cuts better but this was really pretty!
Thanks again!!!!!
1.gif
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results